The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Jünger Audio C8000 AD/DA converter
Old 20th June 2014
Gear Maniac

Jünger Audio C8000 AD/DA converter

I am surprised that here in Germany not many people know them
or ever heard them in action. Research showed me that they are
mostly used and known for broadcasting but they are "State of the art"
converter and sound incredible!? I hope some of you ever tried or heard
one in comparison to other high end converters like weiss or some
thing else.
Old 22nd June 2014
Gear Maniac

I see that a lot of people read the thread, but nobody write something about it! I am surprised that it isnt famous for high end conversion!
Old 23rd June 2014
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duplex One View Post
I see that a lot of people read the thread, but nobody write something about it! I am surprised that it isnt famous for high end conversion!
These are ultra rare german Broadcast Converters. You could be more lucky in the Mastering forum, where a couple of guys (incl. me) use the Jünger D02/Accent and E07 EQ, which are all unfortunately discontinued, but are among the best digital outboards next to swiss Weiss.

Jünger, Weiss, old Lake People and of course the huge modular converter boxes that come with Lawo, Stagetec, Studer, etc. (Large Format Digital Consoles) are easily as good as the highest end American Converters. But nobody knows them, as they are used in Broadcast only. Also Apogee, Burl, Lavry are really built and marketed especially to the analog Audio Connoisseurs in High End Recording, so these usually have a little "musical" colour or character, while the European ones are more precise and dead neutral (imho). If you can get Jüngers or old Lake People for a good price, def. go for them!

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search