The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
checking out a Studer B67 tomorrow -- what should I look for?
Old 1st May 2015
Gear Head

Piscine, I know you said to leave them alone, but considering it's slightly melted, should I change the one pink capacitor? If so, what should I use?

THANKS.
Old 2nd May 2015
Gear Head

Regarding the pink capacitor, it's a 0.47 uF metallized polyester (MP) capacitor. I guess that it should not have been affected by the melting of the resistor... to be sure, you would have to desolder it and test its value with a capacitance tester (in-circuit testing can never be trusted 100% because of the interaction with the other components). If you definitely want to replace it, choose one from WIMA (german manufacturer): they are high-grade capacitors, Studer used them all over their 80's designs ;-) Be sure to use one that is both the same pitch as the original ("pitch" is the width between the legs of the component, very often a multiple of 0.1 inch) and at least rated for 100V or more.

Cheers,

Last edited by piscine; 2nd May 2015 at 07:33 AM.. Reason: Saw your second posting... ;-)
Topic:

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search