The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Is Chris Pelonis on here?
Old 16th June 2014
Is Chris Pelonis on here?

Im a proud owner of Chris' signature series Model 42 and Model 42LF

I have been using them professionally for maybe a year or just under. As with most monitors I have owned in the past there is a substantial difference once the monitors 'burn in'… or as I like to think of it, "loosen up". For instance… I have noticed the top end in the 42's has softened, the bottom end in the 42s has extended and the 42LF is now at least 7db hotter relative to the 42's. (i.e. I now have to attenuate it 7-12db depending on the room I am working in). When I started on them, they were crisper, tighter and the 42LF matched the level of the 42's perfectly when they were set to unity.

By no means and I complaining. HAHA lord knows everyone loves a louder sub hahah.. I have just noticed that setting them up has gone from relatively easy to a long process of listening and level matching.

I am wondering if Chris is on here and has gotten similar reports from other users… Its a curiosity. I know he is particular about the way the two fit together and the overall sonic result they present… I wonder if he was aiming for the 'worn-in' response or the 'brand new' response…. Love to hear your thoughts on this Chris...

I know when I started on my humble Yamaha HS-50m's I needed a sub desperately. I was also compensating for the harsh upper mids… but over time I found myself turning the sub off more and more until it was off all the time and the mids softened out. I have compared those to other ones that were brand new. Mine, with many many more hours, are quite blatantly softer and have much more pronounced low end. I still have them… not letting them go.

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search