The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Tracking EQ: Tubetech PE1 C vs Api 550
Old 14th June 2014
Gear Nut

Tracking EQ: Tubetech PE1 C vs Api 550

Hi
I need a really good tracking EQ and my main candidates are Api 550a,550b or Tube Tech PE1C.
I know they are different animals. I barely had the chance to work with the 550 I remember a really good impression but i spent so little time with it so i´m doubtful... I´m so familiar with the Pultec style of TubeTech and i like it very much. Specially his ability to make the signals bigger.
¿What would be your choice for tracking Eq? Main differences between the Api and the tube design EQ?
Thanks!
Old 15th June 2014
Lives for gear

i'd go with the passive eq.
Old 16th June 2014
Gear Nut

any reason in special? Thanks
Old 16th June 2014
I like my Harrison
Old 17th June 2014
Gear Guru

If the EQs are anywhere near as good as the compressors as in the CL1B go for the techs, but the 550 are killer. Its a question do you want that API sound or the sheen galore. Never regret buying my 2 CL1B, think i paid 1300 each which was a steal.
Topic:

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search