The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
What stereo compressor to buy?
Old 17th June 2014
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ihsahn1981 View Post
What about the TK Audio BC1 MKII?
Is it worth it?
BC1 (any model) does the SSL thing, plus more smooth tasks too. TK Audio BC1 MkII

The BC1 MKII is replaced with BC1S. BC1-S updates are:

- New output stage, unbalanced/balanced auto sensing
- All controls stepped
- New illuminated in/out switch
- Mains on/off on front

If you have the money I recommend the BC2-ME, as it has the same basic sound, but better parts and more tonal shaping options with its selectable output stages. I'm very happy with this comp, next to my MBP and Xpressor.

BC2-ME
Old 17th June 2014
Lives for gear

I dig my Elysia Xpressor as well. The Xpressor is usually on my mix bus. Very versatile and hard to beat at that price point. Great all around stereo comp. It can also do a bit of that thick blended rock mix thing (that it sounds like you might be after), but no where near as heavy handed as an SSL can get.
Old 18th June 2014
Lives for gear

The drip 670 is one of the best sounding comps I have ever heard, including a real 670. It's a great comp.
Old 18th June 2014
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by bgrotto View Post
For mix buss work, Dramastic Obsidian 500. Hands-down, no question. Nothing better.

Also pretty awesome for tracking OHs through (just recently figured this out, after usually going 33609 for that route).
Smart research C1LA is just as good and 700 dollars cheaper. IMO its actually better because the metering is superior. Had the rack 19 obsidian to compare. Also have the IGS s-type 500. Very nice SSL sound as well. And cheap! I use the IGS for my electronic drum buss and C1LA for mix bus with TC Pheonix mastering plus in series.

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search