The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Barefoot mm27 Sound anchor stand!? Im a dummy
Old 9th June 2014
Gear Nut

Barefoot mm27 Sound anchor stand!? Im a dummy

Hi there,
received the stands and frankly after 3 days still not assembled.
can't figure out how to set these up, anyone here using this might help me with it?

best M.
Old 11th June 2014
Lives for gear

The directions are pretty sketchy
Attached Thumbnails
Barefoot mm27 Sound anchor stand!? Im a dummy-img_1788.jpg   Barefoot mm27 Sound anchor stand!? Im a dummy-img_1789.jpg   Barefoot mm27 Sound anchor stand!? Im a dummy-img_1790.jpg   Barefoot mm27 Sound anchor stand!? Im a dummy-img_1791.jpg   Barefoot mm27 Sound anchor stand!? Im a dummy-img_1792.jpg  

Old 11th June 2014
If I remember correctly there's two different sets of bolts. One for Gen 1 and one for Gen 2. Make sure you have the right ones.
Old 11th June 2014
Lives for gear

Even some of the Gen 1 are different as well
The older ones (Gen 1) are short metric bolts
Attached Thumbnails
Barefoot mm27 Sound anchor stand!? Im a dummy-img_1793.jpg   Barefoot mm27 Sound anchor stand!? Im a dummy-img_1794.jpg  
Old 11th June 2014
Lives for gear

Wow directions? Mine didnt come with directions took me hours!
Old 11th June 2014
Gear Nut

i have a look at this pics.. my problem is actually that the illustration inside are worthless, low resolution pics in mini size, don't understand anything.
also some screws seem to be super short in some spots and i have no other screws left...
they barely connect half way through the hole, this is dangerous for my speakers with that weight

Also this confuses me like crazy in your picture T_R_S
Old 11th June 2014
Gear Addict
sorry to hijack your thread just very curios anyone using Sound Anchor ADJ1 with MM27. Just want to know if they work fine.
Old 11th June 2014
Gear Nut

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cathedral Guitar View Post
i bought it from VK and this instruction doesn't help at all:/
Old 11th June 2014
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by heb-musik View Post
i bought it from VK and this instruction doesn't help at all:/
Maybe it is time to take advantage of their Free Tech Support offer.
Old 11th June 2014
Lives for gear

Honestly you all have far more patience then I.

If I spent $10k for a pair of nearfield monitors and their recommended stands gave me a headache I would send it all back and tell the manufacturers to take the speakers and stands and pound it were the sun don't shine. Seriously, for that kinda of money there should be no issues especially issues that could've been very easily remedied. And shame on Barefoot for not being more involved with companies making companion products.
Old 11th June 2014
Lives for gear

Yup its a total f***up
Old 12th June 2014
Gear Nut

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cathedral Guitar View Post
Maybe it is time to take advantage of their Free Tech Support offer.
Do you think im simple minded? of course i tried that and i was told they sound anchors have no clear manual for the stands at the moment. tried and tried. if someone has more fotos for the assembly would highly appreciate, especially for the screws of the vertical arm and how it gets attached to the stands.
Old 12th June 2014
More cowbell!

Quote:
Originally Posted by heb-musik View Post
Do you think im simple minded? of course i tried that and i was told they sound anchors have no clear manual for the stands at the moment. tried and tried. if someone has more fotos for the assembly would highly appreciate, especially for the screws of the vertical arm and how it gets attached to the stands.
WOW! I'm sorry to hear you're going though this. I would be angry too! I wonder if you can call the manufacturers and ask for a walkthough? Or better yet, Skype? You are NOT a dummy. Those instructions look terrible.
Old 12th June 2014
Gear Nut

As you can see the screws are too short to completely go all the way in of this piece, which makes me worried that i might brake when i put the heavy speakers on the mounting.
What you guys think?? I think it shouldn't be like that.
I had 8 long screws and 4 slightly shorter screws. So there is no way to swap them.

Old 12th June 2014
Lives for gear

Your Stands look different from mine.
Old 13th June 2014
Gear Nut

Quote:
Originally Posted by T_R_S View Post
Your Stands look different from mine.
hey trs, thanks so much, that little video really helped and apparently you have also short screws. this was bothering me i thought this can't be.
btw the lock screws that press against the front side of the stand will make some nasty marks once u tighten them , right?
i just tried.
Old 13th June 2014
More cowbell!

I sent Sound Anchors the link to this thread--so maybe they will stop by and comment.
Old 13th June 2014
Lives for gear

Glad I saw this before I bought them..., whew
Old 16th June 2014
Here for the gear

Please let me apologize for not getting back to you sooner but I have been traveling outside of the US and just returned to my office at 3:00 EST today to find out about your problem.

I am sorry for the problems that you are having setting up our stands. First let me address two issues and hopefully get you up and running.

1. Screw length. High strength flat head socket cap screws are available in only 1/4” increments of length. We use 1 1/4 “ long screws because 1” screws are way short and 1 1/2” screws are too long. Originally the steel plate and bars were made of 1/4” thick A36 structural steel this was plenty strong but springy and not so good. Your stands have the upgraded plate and bars which ate 1/2” and 3/8” thick. They are much stronger than needed and about 1/8 as springy. MUCH BETTER! We made all of our original screw selections based on 1/4” thick plates and arms. Given the strength of the material that we use and the class of thread the screws are way stronger than need be.
2. Second our instruction. I admit that they are poor! We had a reasonably good set of instructions for the Barefoot MM27 stands but about 2 years ago we started upgrading the stands. We are a small company and I wear many hats. Besides designing, engineering, developing, testing, and marketing I also write the instructions. I admit I fell short on this one. I have been holding off on writing a new set of instructions because we have been making improvements on the stands regularly. These improvements have not all been big but they have rendered the good instructions for the older versions even more confusing than instructions that we sent you.

I have started on a completely new set of instructions which I should have ready soon but until they are ready for you or anyone else who has problems with or questions about these stands I will be happy to answer your questions or solve your assembly problems by phone or skype.

After we get your stands set up for you I am sure that you will forget the problems and find them to be much more than satisfactory for your application.

Again sorry for the problems I will be in touch
Old 16th June 2014
Here for the gear

The new set of instructions have been posted to the web site under manuals and on the page with the Barefoot information. I would appreciate feedback on the new instructions.

Manuals | Sound Anchors: Specialty Audio Stands | High-End Home,Professional Studio, and Video | Custom Amplifier Stands, Component Stands, Video Stands, Studio Furniture

Thank you
Old 16th June 2014
MM12 stands

Anchorman, we just recently received a pair of your stands for the Barefoot MM12 and haven't cracked open the boxes yet. Could you point me to a link with the best instructions for setting those up?
Old 16th June 2014
Gear Nut

that manual looks good!
great fast solving of the issue with quality work,
appreciated!
Old 16th June 2014
More cowbell!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anchorman View Post
Please let me apologize for not getting back to you sooner...I have started on a completely new set of instructions...I will be happy to answer your questions or solve your assembly problems by phone or skype...Again sorry for the problems I will be in touch...
This is brilliant. Well done Sir! And the new instructions done within the hour and posted. Bravo! This is how to handle mistakes like a pro.

I don't expect any manufacturer to be perfect, but I do expect them to handle problems professionally like you have (and not dissemble or argue, again well done!).

Several other manufacturers involved in threads going on around here should take notes.

Old 17th June 2014
Lives for gear

Good job anchorman. That's the Way to stand behind your product.

It's great when a forum can effect positive changes and it's nice to see when a manufacturer is responsive to the needs of his/her customers.

Old 17th June 2014
Gear Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anchorman View Post
The new set of instructions have been posted to the web site under manuals and on the page with the Barefoot information. I would appreciate feedback on the new instructions.

Manuals | Sound Anchors: Specialty Audio Stands | High-End Home,Professional Studio, and Video | Custom Amplifier Stands, Component Stands, Video Stands, Studio Furniture

Thank you
Excellent info, thanks anchorman!

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search