The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
I love my new mic!! Single-Channel Preamps
Old 8th November 2006
Gear Nut

I love my new mic!!

Hi!

My new microphone Faust just arrived from Ukraine.
Two weeks testing behind and all what can I say is...OMG!
I love it!
I compared it to my SE 5600A and difference is huge.
Btw first time when I mixed vocals with any EQ.
...and of course I have certificate that I own first Faust
in Finland
My Faust serial is 43, so what is your number?
Any experience?

V
Old 8th November 2006
C/G
Lives for gear

I think you are the only guy on this forum that has one or at least has tried one. The price seems nice. Tell us more. Have or will you compare it to some more expensive mics?
Old 9th November 2006
Gear Guru

i have not found any info about your new mic, not anywhere !!!
Old 9th November 2006
Lives for gear

Old 9th November 2006
Gear maniac

how much does that guy go for?
Old 9th November 2006
Lives for gear

it's a very sexy looking mic for surethumbsup
Old 9th November 2006
Lives for gear

Yeah, those things look sweet.

What would you compare it to tonally?
Old 9th November 2006
Old 9th November 2006
Lives for gear

Hmm it looks like Albert needs to work on his ebay skills....

12% negative feedback
Old 9th November 2006
Lives for gear

Anyone heard their tube leveler? At first I thought it was only 1 channel then realized it was a 2 channel "LA2A" design (as they call it) and was two channels for $1400.

Has potential to be a great deal.
Old 9th November 2006
C/G
Lives for gear

I've been thinking about checking into their stuff for a while. The leveller looks cool, but the inside pics of the guts and wiring are messy.

The Faust mic looks nice and it seems they make their own capsules. It sure would be nice to hear more comments. Vertigo, we need more info man!
Old 10th November 2006
Gear nut

I m speaking with Albert, waiting to have the money to buy a Faust. I already have an Affinity Preamp.

And yeah, i love it!
Old 15th November 2006
Gear Nut

Quote:
Originally Posted by Colin Gaucher View Post
I've been thinking about checking into their stuff for a while. The leveller looks cool, but the inside pics of the guts and wiring are messy.

The Faust mic looks nice and it seems they make their own capsules. It sure would be nice to hear more comments. Vertigo, we need more info man!
Some Finnish producer with "golden ears" heard few takes of the Faust and he was REALLY
impressed!
Now he´ll buy two of them.
Dealing with Albert there was no problem!
Very kind and trustworthy.

In future I´ll compare it to some Neumanns.
I´ll let you know.

V
Old 20th November 2006
Gear Addict
I am a huge fan of the HCL stuff. I own the Affinity and it kicks so much ass! I stopped using my my Manley Mono Pre since I got it. I am saving up for the Faust. Hoping to get one by February. It is supposedly an improved Nuemann U87 but for less than half the price. Totally hand-made. Me want! And also their summing mixer (when it's done). thumbsup

If anyone's curious you can check out the tunes recorded with the Affinity here:

http://www.funbound.com/ar/music.html

The 4 songs starting with "Don't Let The Weather Bring You Down" were recorded with the Affinity. Everything - vocals, guitars, bass (direct, except "Stay"). My mixing skillz suck, so please bear with the amateur quality.
Old 20th November 2006
500 series nutjob

i love getting new toys: ) !
Old 20th November 2006
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by azzzy View Post
I am a huge fan of the HCL stuff. I own the Affinity and it kicks so much ass! I stopped using my my Manley Mono Pre since I got it. I am saving up for the Faust. Hoping to get one by February. It is supposedly an improved Nuemann U87 but for less than half the price. Totally hand-made. Me want! And also their summing mixer (when it's done). thumbsup

If anyone's curious you can check out the tunes recorded with the Affinity here:

http://www.funbound.com/ar/music.html

The 4 songs starting with "Don't Let The Weather Bring You Down" were recorded with the Affinity. Everything - vocals, guitars, bass (direct, except "Stay"). My mixing skillz suck, so please bear with the amateur quality.
what did the affinity ofer which the manley mono didn't?

nice songs btw..reminded me of phoenix
Old 21st November 2006
Gear Addict
Quote:
Originally Posted by mr.gefell View Post
what did the affinity ofer which the manley mono didn't?
Well, it's hard for me to describe sound... especially since I don't have the vocabulary. I'd say the Affinity sounds smoother but somehow retains the same amount of high-end. Does that make any sense? Don't get me wrong, I am not knocking the Manley - it's an awesome sounding unit. But the Affinity just sounds fuller without losing the shimmer. I had the ambitious intentions of recording a tune with the Affinity and the Manley and then post the clips for A/B-ing. Alas recording is a very time-consuming process. :( Instead of a complete song I guess I could just record one verse... Maybe I'll do that when I have time. I'll need somebody to host the clips though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mr.gefell View Post
nice songs btw..reminded me of phoenix
I don't know Phoenix (unless it's Phoenix, AZ) but thanks for the kind words. I am working on recording a couple of heavier tunes right now - naturally with the Affinity. As soon as they are done (hopefully in a week or two), I will post them on the same site.

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search