The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Manley ELOP Vs. Manley SLAM! Dynamics Processors (HW)
Old 4th June 2014
Gear Nut

Manley ELOP Vs. Manley SLAM!

Hi there,

I couldn't find a thread with a direct comparison of the Manley ELOP and SLAM!

I know the SLAM! has an ELOP in it, but one user somewhere mentioned he preferred the ELOP to the SLAM!

I would be very happy if someone who owns both could explain how the ELOP part of the SLAM! differs from the standalone ELOP.

I guess my main question is, why would you buy an ELOP if you already had a SLAM!?

Thank you in advance.

I/O.
Old 4th June 2014
Might this be something along the lines of "an LA2a beats the heck out of the LA section of a UA LA610"?
Old 4th June 2014
Lives for gear

I THOUGHT I read in the SLAM manual something that implied the "ELOP" in the SLAM was "slightly different". You might download the manual from the Manley site and see if you see something along those lines.
Old 4th June 2014
Gear Addict

Basic tests I did found the ELOP and the SLAM ELOP similar enough that I'd use it interchangeably...
Old 5th June 2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by Channel time View Post
Basic tests I did found the ELOP and the SLAM ELOP similar enough that I'd use it interchangeably...
+1
Topic:

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search