The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Excellent Recording Engineers Bay Area (CA)
Old 4th June 2014
Gear Nut

Excellent Recording Engineers Bay Area (CA)

Hi im looking for a solid engineer to work with in the Bay Area. Someone a bit higher on the chain in terms of credits and skill. I have the money to branch out of the 50$-an-hour engineers that think its a fun hobby to "track" bands.

Im also looking for a studio with a legitimate plate reverb.
Old 4th June 2014
Lives for gear

Fantasy has loads of real Emt plates.
Old 4th June 2014
Lives for gear

Decibelle in SF might work for you. Message me for more info.
Old 4th June 2014
Gear Head

Its considered north Bay Area, but check out In the Pocket Studio in Sonoma County: In The Pocket - Home

They have a pair of EMT 140's and an echo chamber. I'm not affiliated with them, but I've worked there and its a stellar environment, inside and outside (redwood forests anyone?). Worth the drive.

Good luck~~
Old 4th June 2014
Gear Nut

John Vanderslice gets my vote. He's currently building his third room in the bay area and his albums sound phenomenal! tiny telephone recording | est. 1997
Old 5th June 2014
Gear Nut

thanks, does anyone have any engineer reccomendations?
Old 5th June 2014
Motown legend

Steve Barncard moved back to the Bay Area from LA several years ago. He may only be doing mixing these days but he does really fine work.
Old 5th June 2014
Lives for gear

What kind of music are you doing? Lots of great studios in the Bay Area. I can recommend Tiny Telephone as well if you are into anything remotely indie. Jay Pellicci is a great engineer.
Old 7th June 2014
Lives for gear

There is a guy named Brad Dollar who goes by Antilles Sound here on GS. Doesn't post much but check out his reel. Great engineer. Can't remember the name of the studio he works out of but it's in the Bay Area. Like others have said, there are some great engineers and studios in the Bay Area. thumbsup!
Old 7th June 2014
Lives for gear

matt boudreau
My Process — Matt Boudreau
Old 7th June 2014
Lives for gear

If it's even the slightest bit left of center, contact Myles Boisen at Guerrilla Recording
Myles E. Boisen ~ Super Genius
Old 8th June 2014
Lives for gear

I'm a producer/engineer/mixer in the Bay Area. Look me up. My name is Matt Winegar.
Old 8th June 2014
Another One...

I had an engineer in my studio last year who was great - Damien Lewis. Great guy - great sounds...good luck!!
Old 10th June 2014
Gear Maniac

This guy: Home

Great person. Great engineer. Great mix engineer. Great producer. Great musician.

It probably saves money to go with a great engineer. The only reason to not go with a pro is if you are planning to write songs in the recording studio, but I don't think anybody does that anymore.
Old 11th June 2014
Lives for gear

Nic Pope at Different Fur. I think they have a plate?

Ian

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search