The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Power amp for PMC DB1? Studio Monitors
Old 31st May 2014
Gear Addict

Power amp for PMC DB1?

Hi there,

I need to buy a good power amp for my new PMC DB1 monitors, will be bweteen them and my Mytek stereo 96 so I need something transparent for mixing, any ideas? are those hifi amps from Pioneer or Onkyo a good choice? I guess no but.. I have no clue about amps, I know Hypex but not sure about the wattage that I need, I think about 200 or a bit less per channel.
Whay I like from those hifi ones is that some of them have outputs for 2 sets of speakers, you can switch between them and one single vol control, pretty useful in general but not sure about sound quality and fidelity tho.
Old 31st May 2014
Gear Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by MADA View Post
Hi there,

I need to buy a good power amp for my new PMC DB1 monitors, will be bweteen them and my Mytek stereo 96 so I need something transparent for mixing, any ideas? are those hifi amps from Pioneer or Onkyo a good choice? I guess no but.. I have no clue about amps, I know Hypex but not sure about the wattage that I need, I think about 200 or a bit less per channel.
Whay I like from those hifi ones is that some of them have outputs for 2 sets of speakers, you can switch between them and one single vol control, pretty useful in general but not sure about sound quality and fidelity tho.
If its budget a Hafler p3000 are pretty good, if ye want an AWESOME amp thats comparable to high end pieces like Brystons for thousands, check out a Parasound Halo A23. I use that with my PMC's and actually one of their speaker designers recommended me it, an amazing amp for around £800
Old 2nd June 2014
Lives for gear

Budget Adcom GFA555 series one on a budget.
Old 3rd June 2014
Gear Addict

unfortunately I live in Portugal now so Im afraid I cant buy those ones, Im looking for some old hifi one, but most of them are only 50W, any idea?
Old 4th June 2014
Hey mate, you can buy Parasound very next to you, I give you the links:

Parasound Halo A23

Parasound A-23 / Etapas de potencia

Both are great and reputated shops.
Old 4th June 2014
Old 4th June 2014
Gear Addict

anything for less than 500 euros?
Topic:

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search