The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
RME ADI 2 vs Rosetta 200 vs Mytek adc 192 (please help) Digital Converters
Old 5th November 2006
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by jayman View Post
nope
thanks !!! It is very important !!!heh
Old 5th November 2006
Lives for gear

Quote:
no fan noise whatsoever on the 192. When I had the 96, I bought a big ben to clock to. I sold the BB because I couldn't hear a difference with or without it. I clock to the mytek and I think it's excellent.

j
J , have use SPDIF Clock ? BB --> Mytek (by SPDIF) ?because i see that mytek 96 dont have BNC to clock
Old 5th November 2006
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by ISedlacek View Post
Does Mytek 192 have a noisy fan ? (if I remember well some reports).
there is no fan in the stereo 192..what you are talking about is the 8x192.
Old 5th November 2006
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by andremattos View Post
J , have use SPDIF Clock ? BB --> Mytek (by SPDIF) ?because i see that mytek 96 dont have BNC to clock
It does have BNC input and output. I clock my interface off of the BNC from the mytek. Is that what you're asking?
Old 5th November 2006
Lives for gear

Quote:
It does have BNC input and output. I clock my interface off of the BNC from the mytek. Is that what you're asking?
Hi J , i've taked a look of a pics of Mytek 96k and i did not see any BNC IN or OUT , but Mytek 192 i saw BNC In and OUT , in your case did you clocked by spdif cable ?the 96(mytek) ?
Old 5th November 2006
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by andremattos View Post
Hi J , i've taked a look of a pics of Mytek 96k and i did not see any BNC IN or OUT , but Mytek 192 i saw BNC In and OUT , in your case did you clocked by spdif cable ?the 96(mytek) ?
Oh.... I wonder if you're speaking of the DAC.... I have the STEREO192ADC, and I used to have the STEREO 96ADC - both of which have BNC. Sorry for the confusion!

j
Old 5th November 2006
Lives for gear

Quote:
Oh.... I wonder if you're speaking of the DAC.... I have the STEREO192ADC, and I used to have the STEREO 96ADC - both of which have BNC. Sorry for the confusion!

j
Hi J , no problems , now i think the Mytek192ADC is the better choice!

Old 12th November 2006
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by RIZ Records View Post
Does the RME ADI pro series have the same convertors as the FF800?
I understand that the ADI-2 and the FF800 use the same chips.
Old 12th November 2006
Lives for gear

Quote:
now i think the Mytek192ADC is the better choice!
that depends on your other gear in the chain.. always attack the weakest link first...theres always time for latest digital... analog frontend is whats usually crappy..

btw... im glad youre not shouting no more heh

good luck
Old 25th November 2006
Lives for gear

Hi , someone here knows the diference of
8x96 ADC MYTEK x 192 Stereo Mytek ADC on their sound ??

Is the 192 stereo adc Mytek better than 8x96 adc??

the 8x96 can use PT HD card ? or only new 8x192 ?

Old 26th November 2006
Lives for gear

Stereo Mix converter

This has been a good thread. I am looking to get a Stereo converter as the front end for a TASCAM DVRA 1000 to print my final stereo mix off an analog console. The console is fed with RADAR or Apogee. I have been contemplating Rosetta 200, Prism, Lavry, Mytek. I am intrigued by the CODA feature on the Rosetta have only read about it and not heard it. Are there any solid votes for the Rosetta?
Old 3rd March 2018
Here for the gear
A little confused about the Mytec 192 ADC

Hi guys,

I've been reading around the forum that it's possible to bypass the need of an audio interface and utilize convertors to do the job. I heard really good things about the Mytek and am considering purchasing it but do you need an audio interface in order to run the Mytek 192?

Checking out the Myteck product page for the 192 ADC, it has 2 mic ins so my question is, can you bypass an external audio interface and go directly into a PCIe?

It also says that it is an AD convertor so does that mean that you can only use it's convertors while recording and not during playback to monitor the mix?

So for example could the signal chain look a bit like this? preamp > mytek 192 ADC > PCIe > DAW and how would you monitor the mix coming back from the DAW?

Any help would be great, thanks guys!
Old 3rd March 2018
Lives for gear

You can go into “PCIe” if you have a PCIe interface. But you can’t just plug it straight into the computer.

If you are recording with a computer, then you need an interface.

Most interfaces are all-in-one — they have preamps, converters, headphone amps, etc. But some, like the RME or Lynx PCI cards, specialize in routing digital signals to and from your computer.

With a single dedicated ADC, you will still need an interface and a DAC to monitor output. (Unless you use the DAC that outputs through the 1/8” jack on your computer. Not recommended.)

Quote:
Originally Posted by apsaramuse View Post
Hi guys,

I've been reading around the forum that it's possible to bypass the need of an audio interface and utilize convertors to do the job. I heard really good things about the Mytek and am considering purchasing it but do you need an audio interface in order to run the Mytek 192?

Checking out the Myteck product page for the 192 ADC, it has 2 mic ins so my question is, can you bypass an external audio interface and go directly into a PCIe?

It also says that it is an AD convertor so does that mean that you can only use it's convertors while recording and not during playback to monitor the mix?

So for example could the signal chain look a bit like this? preamp > mytek 192 ADC > PCIe > DAW and how would you monitor the mix coming back from the DAW?

Any help would be great, thanks guys!
Old 8th March 2018
Here for the gear
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yummerz View Post
You can go into “PCIe” if you have a PCIe interface. But you can’t just plug it straight into the computer.

If you are recording with a computer, then you need an interface.

Most interfaces are all-in-one — they have preamps, converters, headphone amps, etc. But some, like the RME or Lynx PCI cards, specialize in routing digital signals to and from your computer.

With a single dedicated ADC, you will still need an interface and a DAC to monitor output. (Unless you use the DAC that outputs through the 1/8” jack on your computer. Not recommended.)
Thanks Yummerz. So after a bit more researching, I've decided finally on the Mytek AD/DA and taking the PCIe solution. Only thing is I can't decide between RME or Lynx. They say the Lynx is more musical sounding and the RME a little colder, but being a PCI card, just wondering if it'll influence the sound since it is only acting as a router.
Old 8th March 2018
Lives for gear

It should not make any difference to the sound. Go with the unit that has the features you need at the price within your budget. FWIW I have never had a problem with RME products and would not say that the sound is “cold”.

Quote:
Originally Posted by apsaramuse View Post
Thanks Yummerz. So after a bit more researching, I've decided finally on the Mytek AD/DA and taking the PCIe solution. Only thing is I can't decide between RME or Lynx. They say the Lynx is more musical sounding and the RME a little colder, but being a PCI card, just wondering if it'll influence the sound since it is only acting as a router.

Last edited by Yummerz; 8th March 2018 at 08:30 PM..

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search