The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
SSL 4000 video RGB
Old 17th April 2015
Gear Addict

Here's the LED's this is the same CPU, but booting the last E software build from 8" floppies.. but gives an idea of what you'd expect to lit up.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cQgZXemAKBU
Old 17th April 2015
Here for the gear
and if i can ask ! what is the job of the zilog cpu ? only the total recal ? if it is the computer should boot whith the total recal card out only on the 490 ! or i am wrong ? i just start to search why this computer don't boot........the desk was in amberville studios vefore in ireland and the prévious owner say that alll was perfectly working when he stock the desk.
Attached Thumbnails
SSL 4000 video RGB-ssl36.jpg  
Old 17th April 2015
Gear Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by tomsud View Post
and if i can ask ! what is the job of the zilog cpu ? only the total recal ? if it is the computer should boot whith the total recal card out only on the 490 ! or i am wrong ? i just start to search why this computer don't boot........the desk was in amberville studios vefore in ireland and the prévious owner say that alll was perfectly working when he stock the desk.
Yeah, the computer will boot fine with the TR stack pulled out.
Old 17th April 2015
Lives for gear

If you want to bypass the computer meanwhile you dont have to buy anything, I think you can just loop the analog in to out with the cable, I have done it a couple of times but cant remember exactly the procedure, there are descriptions on the net.

Also you might find this forum helpful in future SSlmixed.com Forum - Index
Old 18th April 2015
Here for the gear
So i check the buss card this night...the first switch near the green led is working..i mean the led goes off and on again when i press the switch, nothing happend whith the second one the lowest near the yellow led....
And I don't see any red led light, it just stay iddle whith the green and yellow led on... i will buy today a new scsi cable, and take a look inside the momentary swtichs, what sould happend when the second one is pulled ? is it also a reboot? here nothing happend when i pull it....so i have a lot of work again today !
Old 21st April 2015
Here for the gear
Here i am again....spend 2 day disassembling assembling again the computer...and find that there are no datas transmited by the scsi chain...the 2 scsi card in the disc unit are dead, cables are all ok, i try whith an scsi cd room whitch have it own converter buid in...and it work ...not booting but data are exchanged ! between the drive and the ssl computer.
So i will try to find scsi cards...if i could find the 2 unit 20m hd drive scsi from ssl it will be better to boot directly on for me....i hope the eproms on the computer card allow that...it seems that i have the latest ones...
Attached Thumbnails
SSL 4000 video RGB-ssl-eproms.jpg  
Old 3 weeks ago
Here for the gear

I know this is an old thread, but i´m very curious how it all went out? I have a problem with the PROGRAM disk-drive on my 4K with G+ upgrade! It will not spinn up. The REEL do spin up. any clue someone if they both should spinn up when Power on?
Old 3 weeks ago
Quote:
Originally Posted by Forensic View Post
I know this is an old thread, but i´m very curious how it all went out? I have a problem with the PROGRAM disk-drive on my 4K with G+ upgrade! It will not spinn up. The REEL do spin up. any clue someone if they both should spinn up when Power on?
You should start a new thread.

From the way you have worded it, it sounds as if you are turning the computer on (and off potentially) with the disks still in them, which can cause the head to bounce and a spot erasure on the disks. You should turn on the computer with the disks out, the LED should blink when it is looking for the program to run, at which point insert both disks.
Topic:

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search