The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 All  This Thread  Reviews  Gear Database  Gear for sale     Latest  Trending
Avedis e27.....where?
Old 3rd April 2014
Lives for gear
Avedis e27.....where?

I've heard thru the slut vine that the Avedis e27 is making a comeback. When and where can I get one? Would it work with my 32eq?
Old 4th April 2014
Lives for gear

Yes, it's true! The E27 is coming back! Avedis is making them again. heh
Although it will take some months to manufacture the first batch.. he needs to order parts for it.. you'll need to be patient, since it's basically a one-man-business..

I believe you could buy them from the usual MA5 dealers around the globe..

Cheu
Old 4th April 2014
Gear Guru

Those things sound pretty cool, judging from the little time I spent with one at TapeOpCon. I may have to start saving my pennies...
Old 4th April 2014
Lives for gear

DAMN !!!!
Old 4th April 2014
Lives for gear

It's weird that they stopped making them in the first place. People go nuts over them. I personally am quite interested in hearing them to see what the fuss is about.
I know that the 27k air band is very sort after. A little OT but what's the air band on the maag?
Old 4th April 2014
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by dogma View Post
It's weird that they stopped making them in the first place. People go nuts over them. I personally am quite interested in hearing them to see what the fuss is about.
I know that the 27k air band is very sort after. A little OT but what's the air band on the maag?
They (he) stopped making them because it wasn't profitable enough
Old 4th April 2014
Baz
Lives for gear

He probably decided to make them again after seeing what they're commanding on the used market

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jackie Moon View Post
They (he) stopped making them because it wasn't profitable enough
Old 4th April 2014
Gear Head

Which means it will probably come back at a higher price point?
Old 4th April 2014

I just got off the phone with Avedis and told him about this thread. He said to tell everyone he is waiting on switches. The E27s should be shipping by the end of May.
Old 4th April 2014
The BEST!!!!
Old 4th April 2014
I don't think it was a profit thing.
Old 4th April 2014
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baz View Post
He probably decided to make them again after seeing what they're commanding on the used market
Just to clarify things, he didn't stop because they weren't profitable enough and didn't decide to start making them again because of the crazy prices of the used market.. Money was never the "motor" for his actions (while of course he makes a living designing and builduing audio gear).

He stopped making them because it was very time consuming..I was in LA in one of my several trips to the US, and I saw the man making one.. it's crazy.. 2 pcb's in there, he cut the shaft for the pots himself..all hand made by himself..
At the time he needed time to concentrate on other things (like what now became the BAE 10DC).
Probably the crazy prices in the used market is what he should sell them for in all honesty.

I believe he started doing them again because a lot of people were asking (begging) constantly to make them again, and because he knows the these EQ sounds soooo goood..!

Avedis is a man with commitment with the capitol C when comes to sound and designing audio. That's why he NEVER cuts corners in his design. He always chase the best sound possible.

Even in the MA5's..he could make them cheaper, with cheaper parts and faster, but he choose not..because he cares and respect his customers and his work and because that will change the great sound that his products have. Believe it or not he doesn't really care about the money.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fallbreaks View Post
Which means it will probably come back at a higher price point?
I believe it will be 50$ or 100$ higher than what it was back then.. which is probably barely enough to cover the gap for what the material prices have raised in the last few years.
Not even close to what the E27's went in the last two years in the used market.

Hats off to Avedis for thinking VERY differently than most of the other manufacturers.

After this post I should seriously consider a career at Avedis Audio..
Just for the sake of information: I don't work for Avedis or for a dealer that sells Avedis products, I don't sell gear for a living..I'm simply a freaking nuts that love his products and his ethics, and love to support guys like him. Just to be crystal clear.

Cheu
Old 4th April 2014
Agreed. I'm lucky enough to have 12 of them (and only 4 empty slots left in my console). Awesome product and a lovely guy!
Old 4th April 2014
Lives for gear

Is there ANY way to have him make a stepped version of this?
Old 4th April 2014
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by klaukholm View Post
Give him a call.. I'm not sure if it's a switch "problem".. in the sense that there's no stepped switch that will fit that has the specs he needs.. maybe he can.. IF he can he'll probably do it..

Cheu
Old 4th April 2014
Quote:
Honestly, I would doubt it but alway is worth asking. In some context miniature dual concentric pots are not available from generic suppliers as far as I am aware. They need to be specced and manufactured to order. Small runs are likey to be prohibitively expensive.
Old 4th April 2014
Gear Maniac

Somedays you just say... YES... there are indeed audio gods answering your prayers. The e27 is a remarkable product that should never have gone in absence. Those used prices upwards of 1600 were insane.
Old 4th April 2014
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by [email protected] View Post
Honestly, I would doubt it but alway is worth asking. In some context miniature dual concentric pots are not available from generic suppliers as far as I am aware. They need to be specced and manufactured to order. Small runs are likey to be prohibitively expensive.
I'll gladly take a rack version, in fact I would prefer it
Old 4th April 2014
Lives for gear

Quote:
I'll gladly take a rack version, in fact I would prefer it
It would be great if he did it in the same style as the Electrodyne 511 EQs which are made in a 19" rack now. Nice.

Regards,
Frank
Old 5th April 2014
Gear Head

Quote:
Originally Posted by cheu78 View Post
Just to clarify things, he didn't stop because they weren't profitable enough and didn't decide to start making them again because of the crazy prices of the used market.. Money was never the "motor" for his actions (while of course he makes a living designing and builduing audio gear).

He stopped making them because it was very time consuming..I was in LA in one of my several trips to the US, and I saw the man making one.. it's crazy.. 2 pcb's in there, he cut the shaft for the pots himself..all hand made by himself..
At the time he needed time to concentrate on other things (like what now became the BAE 10DC).
Probably the crazy prices in the used market is what he should sell them for in all honesty.

I believe he started doing them again because a lot of people were asking (begging) constantly to make them again, and because he knows the these EQ sounds soooo goood..!

Avedis is a man with commitment with the capitol C when comes to sound and designing audio. That's why he NEVER cuts corners in his design. He always chase the best sound possible.

Even in the MA5's..he could make them cheaper, with cheaper parts and faster, but he choose not..because he cares and respect his customers and his work and because that will change the great sound that his products have. Believe it or not he doesn't really care about the money.

I believe it will be 50$ or 100$ higher than what it was back then.. which is probably barely enough to cover the gap for what the material prices have raised in the last few years.
Not even close to what the E27's went in the last two years in the used market.

Hats off to Avedis for thinking VERY differently than most of the other manufacturers.

After this post I should seriously consider a career at Avedis Audio..
Just for the sake of information: I don't work for Avedis or for a dealer that sells Avedis products, I don't sell gear for a living..I'm simply a freaking nuts that love his products and his ethics, and love to support guys like him. Just to be crystal clear.

Cheu
$50-$100? How will BAE sell any E15?
Old 5th April 2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oddio View Post
$50-$100? How will BAE sell any E15?
They are the predecessor of the e27, cost $400 less and are the same except they have a few less eq points. Sound like a bargain to me.
Old 5th April 2014
Gear Head

But doesnt the E15 MSRP at $995?

https://www.gearslutz.com/board/so-mu...series-eq.html

Im a little confused
Old 5th April 2014
Yup. And the e27 at about 1350
Old 5th April 2014
Baz
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by cheu78 View Post
Just to clarify things, he didn't stop because they weren't profitable enough and didn't decide to start making them again because of the crazy prices of the used market.. Money was never the "motor" <snip>
I was actually kidding...to a degree at least
Old 5th April 2014
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baz View Post
I was actually kidding...to a degree at least
No worries mate.. I just wanted to tell the things as they are.. no pun intended..

As Trev said the BAE b15 is exactly the same eq with less freq points, therefore cheaper..
And a bargain for the sound you'll get.. e27 has more freqs and it's more expensive to make but also more "useful" 'cause of the added freqs.

The e27 increased a little bit its original price since the price of parts (metalwork, xformers, etc..) raised significantly in the last 7 years.. Imho it's totally fair.

Cheu
Old 19th April 2014
Here for the gear

Are any vendors taking pre orders? Which vendor will be carrying the E27?
Old 19th April 2014
Lives for gear

I believe every vendor that carries the MA5's..

For sure Tony Belmont's High Profile Audio and VK.. but I guess all the other "usual" Avedis products vendors.

You could check on this thread: Going Price for Avedis E27 EQ processors

Cheu
Old 19th April 2014
Lives for gear
How would the e27 fair against a transitor eq such as the rupert neve 551?
Old 19th April 2014
Lives for gear

Awesome news!!!!

Can't wait to order a pair or 2.
Old 20th April 2014
Lives for gear

It's got that 27k air band that people go gaga over. I had a sontec that went to 25k and it was lovely so with the opamp and trafo saturation I'm guessing it sounds very nice. I wonder how it sounds against the maag air band which goes to a dog whistling 40k!
Topic:

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search