The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
Dangerous D-box vs Drawmer MC2.1
Old 31st March 2014
Here for the gear

Dangerous D-box vs Drawmer MC2.1

I have been using the D-Box for years and like the transparency of the monitoring section. I don't use the summing section (use a Rascal Tonebuss). I'm finding that I need one more reference input and one more speaker output for a pair of consumer speakers, and possibly a sub down the road. Does anyone have any insight as to how the Drawmer compares in the monitor fidelity department? I'm thinking it may be a good alternative since I don't currently use the Dangerous summing or D/A

Since I've switched from a Fireface to Aurora 16 w/ PCI AES16 card, I've been unable to figure out a good way to monitor my mix using the built in D/A on the D-Box. If I could figure out how to integrate that it would free up an input on the D-Box and solve one problem.

Any thought are greatly appreciated!
Old 22nd February 2020
Gear Maniac

Guessing you solved this years ago, but for other people's sakes...

a USB Topping D10 off amazon for less than $90 is a pretty easy way to get digital (spdif RCA to XLR cable) into the D'Box...

I'm still quite curious about the Drawmer too (namely for it's much better solo/mute/speaker selection functionality (i think, some of it I can't figure out by reading online, asking a friend later today who has one)).
Old 25th February 2020
Lives for gear

I love my Drawmer 2.1.

Sounds great, and good build quality.

Knob and buttons feel great, and it has a great feature set.

Just had to back off the input from my DAW a touch.

Other than that all good.

Currently feeding my MM27s.
Old 25th February 2020
I've had nothing but problems with my Drawmer 2.1, spent as much trying to get it working as I did on the initial unit purchase. Recurring switch problems, bad pot, really one of the top 5 WORST gear purchases of my entire career. It does sound great when working, which only adds to the frustration b/c "🎵coulda been so beautiful🎵"

I now have the Dangerous Monitor and all is right with the world

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search