The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Bricasti M7 - version 3.0 Reverb/Delay Processors (HW)
Old 1st September 2017
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by nnajar View Post
Will the M200 offer any multi programs?
N
Oh yes. Too much analog, too much routing and a real digital powerhouse not to. That's where it lives. Very different animal.

-Casey
Old 1st September 2017
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Casey View Post
Oh yes. Too much analog, too much routing and a real digital powerhouse not to. That's where it lives. Very different animal.

-Casey
This is terrific. I love my M7 in the studio. I will happily buy the first m200 and put it in my electric guitar rig!
Old 14th September 2017
Lives for gear
Hi

I had purchased Bricasti recently. Do we have separate Er and reverb volumes? I think Er-Reverb mix balance is not serving this purpose though its very very useful control. I always want to adjust reverb tail balance after fixing the Er balance.
Old 15th September 2017
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by amit monga View Post
Hi
I always want to adjust reverb tail balance after fixing the Er balance.
I think that you make a very good point. The Early vs Reverb Balance is an attempt to make dialing in a sound as efficient as possible. It is of course one of many trade offs between tweakability and ease of use.

I am sorry that my choice has caused a concern for you. I hope that the limitation will become more comfortable with use and that it will be less of a hindrance to your work flow.

-Casey
Old 15th September 2017
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheLastByte View Post
Casey,
I'd love to see a Vintage Bricasti with the CD plate Algos and designed for that EMT-250/251-Lex 224-SP2016-AMS-RMX-16-to-Lex- 480/L version 3.0. That would quite simply be the best of so many vintage 1978 to 1988 type Algorithms and Colours that, it would not only leave the MKII Bricasti Floating Free, though add a New Bricasti Product, though with the final classic implementation and 2 user modes, Vintage and Modern! Now "That"..... Would be Stunning! Then a Model dedicated to Effects and Time Domain Processing only with No really big emphasis on Reverb! Ahhhh, Dreams huh!

Cheers
TLB

Seems they might just come true, Midi and CV control would also be amazing here more so CV control for clocking and Gate timing alongside adaptation for VCO and VCF filtering etc any news here Casey?

Cheers,
TLB
Old 16th September 2017
Lives for gear

Quote:
I am reminded of the fact that the V1 development was over three years. V3 is an ambitious endeavor. Even with the better tools available today, the development will likely be even longer.

I have to say still over a year away.

To be clear, we are still entirely committed to the project, and look forward to offering every M7 owner a fairly priced DIY upgrade.

Just don't count on it soon.

-Casey
Casey. I use your M7 everyday on almost every mix. What would be THE STUFF in v3.0 is a no-parameter level-independent deesser before each reverb algo (just an on/off parameter).

Thank you for your consideration!
Take care!
Old 16th September 2017
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by BillSimpkins View Post
Casey. I use your M7 everyday on almost every mix. What would be THE STUFF in v3.0 is a no-parameter level-independent deesser before each reverb algo (just an on/off parameter).

Thank you for your consideration!
Take care!
That would be awesome! A deesser before the reverb!!!!
Old 22nd October 2017
Gear Maniac

Hi CASEY!

Great information about the M200 and the upgrade of M7. Are You working at Bricasti or in cooperation w/t them?

Thanks for these insight! I know I can't afford now an M200, but still so great to hear about it! Perhaps someday I will have the money fpr these work of art! Now I rely on made in China hw when i perform live. But to have some good reverb in the box. Good, no great!
Old 22nd October 2017
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by kite View Post
Are You working at Bricasti?
Yes. As we speak.

-Casey
Old 22nd October 2017
Lives for gear

A gentlemen's answer
Old 22nd October 2017
Gear Head
Quote:
Yes. As we speak.

-Casey
Hi Casey,
finally I got an M7!!!!!! It is still on my desk, I didn0t tried yet 'cause I have found some troubles in connecting it to my UAD Apollo 8P. I have two choices:
-1- Connect the M7 to two analog inputs and outputs of the Apollo but I'm struggling to find the best cable possible to preserve the signal.
-2- Connect the M7 to an RME ADI-4DD which transform the ADAT signal to AES and vice-versa.
Which option do you suggest? Which is better? Transforming ADAT to AES signal and vice-versa could I lose some information?
Many thanks

I GOT AN M7!!!!!!YEEEEEEPPP

PS.: ready for the V.3 :-)
Old 22nd October 2017
Lives for gear

Hey thank you! Either way will work fine. Analog seems more simple. Don't worry too much about those analog cables. Anything you can buy at Sweetwater is going to work just fine.

-Casey
Old 22nd October 2017
Gear Head
Quote:
Hey thank you! Either way will work fine. Analog seems more simple. Don't worry too much about those analog cables. Anything you can buy at Sweetwater is going to work just fine.

-Casey
Thanks Casey
Old 28th October 2017
Gear Head

Bricasti at AES NY

Didn't see any media reports about Bricasti developments at AES. I assume the M200 not yet ready.

Any news?

David
Old 31st October 2017
Lives for gear
Off topic, I just tried my Bricasti in a novel way for me today on drums. I have a v small room. Normally I send snare or kick whatever to it and it always sounds like a great reverb BUT It never ends up sounding anything like an actual room mic in great room. I thought that was actually impossible. Today I sent a high and low passed smashed compressed stereo (small) room mic to Bricasti on studio B close. Blending that in, it made my room mic sound unbelievably convincing as recorded in a bigger space. Crazy! Great discovery. Try it. It's another humble reminder that what u send to the verb is everything. A close kick or snare sent sound nothing like a room mic in comparison. I would never have thought of compressing the hell out of room mics before verb either but it really made the difference. High and low passing got rid of the mud and cymbals.
Old 31st October 2017
Gear Maniac
Quote:
Originally Posted by Moondog007 View Post
Off topic, I just tried my Bricasti in a novel way for me today on drums. I have a v small room. Normally I send snare or kick whatever to it and it always sounds like a great reverb BUT It never ends up sounding anything like an actual room mic in great room. I thought that was actually impossible. Today I sent a high and low passed smashed compressed stereo (small) room mic to Bricasti on studio B close. Blending that in, it made my room mic sound unbelievably convincing as recorded in a bigger space. Crazy! Great discovery. Try it. It's another humble reminder that what u send to the verb is everything. A close kick or snare sent sound nothing like a room mic in comparison. I would never have thought of compressing the hell out of room mics before verb either but it really made the difference. High and low passing got rid of the mud and cymbals.
I used to to that too, having a small-medium dead'ish room myself.

Nowadays I find myself using a send from the stereo A/B sdc overhead mics and sending only that to the m7, uncompressed. I actually set that up when recording as a split from the patchbay. This makes me "forget" that this is an artificial room track.

Loving Studio B Far and Brick Chamber among others. Many times I will completely ignore fok, set, squash and room mics that were recorded in my or other studios
Old 23rd November 2017
Gear Addict

When we will able to get the new M7? Any chance in this year?
Old 23rd November 2017
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by firubbi View Post
When we will able to get the new M7? Any chance in this year?
According to Casey on this very page, M7 will be at least 6 months after the M200, so I’d imagine not till after July next year, if that.
Old 29th December 2017
Lives for gear

just wandering around the halls here at Gearslutz and decided to ask if there's any end-of-the-year news Casey can share about the M200 developments?
Old 30th December 2017
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by oldgearguy View Post
Casey can share?
Yes of course! I am in a fantasy land of goodness. The M200 inherits a lesser Reverb algorithm than the M7 upgrade. Still really good though. The sandbox presented in the design of the M200 was the analog section and the unique 8 channel vari-speed A to D input section. I like that very old school A to D’s are being clocked by precision clock generators used in the very latest communication systems.

The analog section is so fun though. Several different distortion paths including one divulged by an unnamed source at Elysia. Some analog eqs such as the Abby road Reverb EQ and others. There are seven optical compressors using analog audio and digital control.

So I spent over a year just on the analog and vari-speed adc sections while keeping the already completed digital section up to date with every new analog section feature.

Some fun was had in making sure that the M200 was interface ready. You can drive whatever you got into the M200 and here bliss. In turn the M200 will drive 200 foot cables into a vintage Input section and deliver rendered bliss.

We made sure that all internal connections are roadworthy as I envision the M200 as a live performance curio that will grow in mindshare over the years.

What would you do with Hardware eq, Seven optical compressors, five different analog distortion units, 8 emulated pcm42s using real vari-speed conversion and a pretty good Reverb section.

Oldgearguy helped define a clock input for use with analog gear sharing an analog clock. Hats off!

So we have to reign it all in and make sensible groups of presets and a simple set of controls for tweaking for each group.

Still over a year away as I am concurrently working on the M7 upgrade which has algs that the M200 adopts in part.

I’m doing it now.

-Casey
Old 30th December 2017
Gear Addict

Quote:
What would you do with Hardware eq, Seven optical compressors, five different analog distortion units, 8 emulated pcm42s using real vari-speed conversion and a pretty good Reverb section?

-Casey
What I would do with it depends upon how many inputs and outputs it has.

Old 30th December 2017
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack Weaver View Post
What I would do with it depends upon how many inputs and outputs it has.

Give me a multi-tap structure like the Korg DL8000R, running those 8 PCM42 style delays and I can do magic with them:
Italo de Angelis
Old 1st January 2018
Gear Nut

Hi Casey

I was wondering whether the 3.0 upgrade will also include some more creative reverbs / some kind of reverb type expansion suited for not ambiance generation in say rock / voice recordings, but also suited for creative sound design.

I bought a Bricasti thinking it would be the end all reverb for my EDM needs, but more often than not reach for say the creative effects of Eventide (e.g. Blackhole etc.).

It is my impression that Bricasti excels at natural spaces / ambiances, but is less suited for creative use, i.e. say extremely lush verbs etc.

Would appreciate you thoughts on this! For this reason I am probably going to get an Eventide rack unit, but I think there's more than enough DSP power to expand the product's use case if one wanted to?

What exactly is the intent of 3.0? Even more natural sounding reverbs?

Many thanks!

Best
Paul
Old 2nd February 2018
Lives for gear
So Casey we are being patient here but basically NEED to buy your stuff. Any idea when the M200 and v3 will be coming out? This year? Not to rush u but... Ok I'm rushing u...
Old 8th February 2018
Here for the gear
Ah Sorry Casey. I'd sent you an email re V3. Just read this.....DOH!.......Can't wait to hear what V3 will "spring" upon us (ha ha.....hint Hint!!!).... For me, the M7 is beautiful and after recommendations to get one.....I haven't looked back. I got rid of a PCM91/PCM80 as they weren't needed. Although, I will ask the question......Slate Verbsuite....Very good, but I know Steven is a user.....so why create a set of Reverbs for the Verbsuite....when we all know, it won't sound like an M7.....
Old 17th February 2018
Lives for gear

At least we get H9000 soon.
Old 17th February 2018
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by GYang View Post
At least we get H9000 soon.
...with the *same exact* reverbs you have on the H8000!
Old 17th February 2018
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by italo de angelis View Post
...with the *same exact* reverbs you have on the H8000!
Wtf?
Old 17th February 2018
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gringo Starr View Post
Wtf?
Each engine has the same power as an H8000 DSP.
No new modules development.
Guess what you get?
Yeah... you can design a modular staged reverb, across engines... but it wouldn't really be much of a significative difference. Only better filtering, pre and post reverb.
Old 17th February 2018
Lives for gear

having 16 h8000 in one box isn't really bad though... - how about having 7.1 m7 in one box? :-)
Topic:

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search