The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Bricasti M7 - version 3.0 Reverb/Delay Processors (HW)
Old 28th March 2017
  #121
Hello Casey,

We have a M7 here and the selection Knob has gotten a little loose with time, and we cant find out what is the kind of screw that is used... Is it a torx?

Thank you very much,

Eric
Old 28th March 2017
  #122
Lives for gear
 
Casey's Avatar
 

Sorry to hear that!

You will need to use a 0.05 inch hex key.



-Casey
Old 28th March 2017
  #123
Casey,

As always, thanks for the quick and useful reply! The key fit in the screw but it seems like it spin without fasten the knob....
Old 28th March 2017
  #124
Lives for gear
 
Casey's Avatar
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rootss View Post
Casey,

As always, thanks for the quick and useful reply! The key fit in the screw but it seems like it spin without fasten the knob....
Send me your address in a private message and I will send you a new knob right away.



-Casey
Old 24th April 2017
  #125
Here for the gear
Hello Casey

It seams that the V3 update of M7 will occurs in one year for now

I would like to buy an M7 now but it makes me thinking about the futur changes of the hardware features eventualy you will do on it and update material capacities

As if I understand correctly some changes in the routing of analog audio path to have at the same time digital an analog capacity

Could you tell us what is changing in the HW structure between V2 and V3

Is the "old" user will benefit the exactly same capacities ( making the update )

Or do I have to wait the new gear ...its far
Old 24th April 2017
  #126
Lives for gear
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by filteron View Post
Hello Casey

It seams that the V3 update of M7 will occurs in one year for now

I would like to buy an M7 now but it makes me thinking about the futur changes of the hardware features eventualy you will do on it and update material capacities

As if I understand correctly some changes in the routing of analog audio path to have at the same time digital an analog capacity

Could you tell us what is changing in the HW structure between V2 and V3

Is the "old" user will benefit the exactly same capacities ( making the update )

Or do I have to wait the new gear ...its far
Get the bricasti now and when the update comes out, buy the new card and install it yourself or send your unit to bricasti to upgrade.
Old 28th May 2017
  #127
Gear Head
 
guitar012001's Avatar
 

Just got my new Bricasti M7 from Vintage King in Ferndale, Michigan! I have no words.....except...this is the most amazing reverb I've ever heard! I bought Exponential Audio's M7 Control plugin to allow me to control it through my DAW. This along with my two Lexicon PCM96 Surrounds is insane!

Last edited by guitar012001; 29th May 2017 at 03:10 AM..
Old 30th May 2017
  #128
Gear Addict
 
jono_3's Avatar
I feel like the quality of my mixes overall went up after getting a Bricasti. I think it's mostly because feeding a little bit of everything through at an early stage is helping me get a better idea of the front-to-back placement before I much everything up without it sounding like flat, fake reverb.

I A/B'd it with some of the impulse responses that are floating around, and while they're cool, it's really not even close to the same.

Really enjoy what it adds!
Old 9th June 2017
  #129
Gear Maniac
 

V3 status update??? I purchased a V2 version early 2017 and all I can say is what an awesome unit!!! Combined with the M7 Control by Exponential Audio is really the icing on the cake. I'm hoping V3 is still in progress and not vaporware because I really look forward to the future
Old 9th June 2017
  #130
Lives for gear
 
muziksculp's Avatar
 

Hi,

I love my Bricasti M7 (Ver.2) it's a magical sounding reverb.

Also using the Exponential Audio M7 Control VST-Plugin has made it a breeze, and very convenient to program, especially since my M7 is not on my main studio desk, but on a remote desk, and having presets saved with a project via the M7 Control is another plus.

So... If there are plans for a M7 version 3, I wonder what features will it add to what we already have in ver. 2 ?

Thanks,
Muziksculp
Old 9th June 2017
  #131
Gear Addict
 

My dear friend Muziksculp,

You might want to simply filter Casey's comments throughout this thread. You'll find a great amount of info has already been given on this.

.
Old 9th June 2017
  #132
Lives for gear
 
muziksculp's Avatar
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack Weaver View Post
My dear friend Muziksculp,

You might want to simply filter Casey's comments throughout this thread. You'll find a great amount of info has already been given on this.

.
Thanks, I will do just that. I guess I'm getting lazy to do that sometimes
Old 12th June 2017
  #133
Here for the gear
Just got a Bricasti M7

I made some tests with plugs and convolutions so now I know what to say about

First THE MAIN difference that is coming out very clearly is

- The 3 D effect with M7 is accurate and blowing
you have an important depth
BTW On 2 buss, instruments do not responds the same way

In front of that convolution for exemple M7 convo are FRONT 2D equality in stereo field
So to a stereo mix is often desirable but you face all your instruments
The sounds are some way overlaided

strangly I did not find some diferences between Plates, very identical
but in the halls there are huge differences in DEPHT and Lush. Very silky
Pcm lexi are very good but very less 3D same things

M7 sound is VERY Euphonic, never sharp
seams that it re-create à real place yes in facts

what about Seventh Heaven, dont know. Some say that it's pretty near of HW, but a fiend tell me that its missing 3d effect.
Can someone here had compare them ?

Casey what could be your fav preset for A 2 bus overall mix or master with large stereo field to glue the entire stuff ? thks !



Im very very very pleased and waiting for V3 hope to see it soon
Old 12th June 2017
  #134
Gear Head
Quote:
Originally Posted by filteron View Post
Just got a Bricasti M7

I made some tests with plugs and convolutions so now I know what to say about

First THE MAIN difference that is coming out very clearly is

- The 3 D effect with M7 is accurate and blowing
you have an important depth
BTW On 2 buss, instruments do not responds the same way

In front of that convolution for exemple M7 convo are FRONT 2D equality in stereo field
So to a stereo mix is often desirable but you face all your instruments
The sounds are some way overlaided

strangly I did not find some diferences between Plates, very identical
but in the halls there are huge differences in DEPHT and Lush. Very silky
Pcm lexi are very good but very less 3D same things

M7 sound is VERY Euphonic, never sharp
seams that it re-create à real place yes in facts

what about Seventh Heaven, dont know. Some say that it's pretty near of HW, but a fiend tell me that its missing 3d effect.
Can someone here had compare them ?

Casey what could be your fav preset for A 2 bus overall mix or master with large stereo field to glue the entire stuff ? thks !



Im very very very pleased and waiting for V3 hope to see it soon
I've been listening a demo of seventhheaven in my launch break at work, with some decent headphones. To my ears it creates beautiful spaces, but they doesn't blend completely with the source. It's like an image of a person layered on a background with some photo editor software. The result is good, but you can always notice the artefact, you can see the person is a layer on that picture. For comparison with the same headphones I listened to a demo of a real M7 and I immediatly sensed the space it creates: it is dynamic, it moves and "breathes" along with the source sound. That thing is over the rainbow........

Last edited by AleLab; 12th June 2017 at 09:12 PM.. Reason: grammar errors :/
Old 13th June 2017
  #135
Lives for gear
 
Casey's Avatar
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by filteron View Post
Casey what could be your fav preset for A 2 bus overall mix or master with large stereo field to glue the entire stuff ?
Studio B Close is a good starting point. But you will want to adjust it to suit.

VLF: for more or less low end, very important.

Early Type: the lower the number the smaller the space. Long strings can sound nicer with larger space. Percussion sounds better in smaller spaces most times.

Early/Reverb Mix: Just try it and listen.

I listen to music just for pleasure through this (adjusted) preset all the time when I am home. But that's just me!



-Casey
Old 13th June 2017
  #136
Gear Addict
 
MrChick's Avatar
 

Recently we used the Studio B close in a hiper dry hip-hop mastering. It worked very very fine adding a little deep, realism, air...
Old 20th June 2017
  #137
Here for the gear
Quote:
Originally Posted by Casey View Post
Studio B Close is a good starting point. But you will want to adjust it to suit.

VLF: for more or less low end, very important.

Early Type: the lower the number the smaller the space. Long strings can sound nicer with larger space. Percussion sounds better in smaller spaces most times.

Early/Reverb Mix: Just try it and listen.

I listen to music just for pleasure through this (adjusted) preset all the time when I am home. But that's just me!



-Casey
many thks Casey, that's exactly what I searched for
"une vraie tuerie" like we say in french
Old 27th June 2017
  #138
Gear Head
 
egloss's Avatar
 

V3 coming this year?

Hello Casey,
i have my eyes on this unit for long time and i think this year ill get if after summer.
Now , is the v3 planed still for this year? do you advise to get one now and update it later?or just wait until the v3 is out?
any hints how the upgrade might cost or how much for the new unit with the new version ?

Thanks for your time.
Old 27th June 2017
  #139
Lives for gear
 
Casey's Avatar
 

No. V3 is still a year out. Working on it every day. Combined with analog work on M200 which has been really fun and DSP/FPGA work for both M7 upgrade hardware (required for M7 V3) and M200. It is all coming together and it's all exciting.



-Casey
Old 27th June 2017
  #140
Gear Head
 
egloss's Avatar
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Casey View Post
No. V3 is still a year out. Working on it every day. Combined with analog work on M200 which has been really fun and DSP/FPGA work for both M7 upgrade hardware (required for M7 V3) and M200. It is all coming together and it's all exciting.



-Casey
Ok, got it.
well that means ill might wait.
Thanks a lot.
Old 29th June 2017
  #141
Lives for gear
Quote:
Originally Posted by Casey View Post
No. V3 is still a year out. Working on it every day. Combined with analog work on M200 which has been really fun and DSP/FPGA work for both M7 upgrade hardware (required for M7 V3) and M200. It is all coming together and it's all exciting.



-Casey
I'm guessing the analog work on m200 has to do with analog delays and digital work has to do with the verbs?
Old 21st August 2017
  #142
Here for the gear
 

M 200 Reverb Algos

Hi everyone,
I 'm deeply interested in the M200 , but not sure yet if I should just get a M7 now or wait for the M 200.
My main concern is about the kind of reverb algorithm that this unit will be loaded with.
Is it gonna be over the top creative FX type or will it also have room algos?
So many questions, any info would be very welcome...

Thanx
Old 22nd August 2017
  #143
Gear Head
 

I might've been blinded by the eclipse today, but it seems to me like the retail price just went up $200. Is this related to the update?
Old 22nd August 2017
  #144
emu
Here for the gear
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prockamaniac View Post
I might've been blinded by the eclipse today, but it seems to me like the retail price just went up $200. Is this related to the update?
Did they raise right now or was that already some times ago ?

The prices went up 350 Euro here in Europe some month ago. The "normal" m7 is 4249 Euro right now in Germany (was normally 3899 before).

But the m7m went down 350 Euro again a few days ago - I assume this is just Dollar related as the Dollar went down against the Euro but the price raise earlier came a little out of the Blue.

Last edited by emu; 22nd August 2017 at 09:09 AM..
Old 22nd August 2017
  #145
Here for the gear
 

My question might have not been very clear,
So let me put it this way, i understand M7 and M200 are very different hardware and phylosophie, but will share some V3 algos, so will we see light version ( less patameters to tweak) of , lets say Studio B on the M200?
Thanx for your time and sorry for my somewhat hawkward first posts from France
Old 22nd August 2017
  #146
Here for the gear
 

Meant awkward
Old 22nd August 2017
  #147
Gear Head
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by emu View Post
Did they raise right now or was that already some times ago ?

The prices went up 350 Euro here in Europe some month ago. The "normal" m7 is 4249 Euro right now in Germany (was normally 3899 before).

But the m7m went down 350 Euro again a few days ago - I assume this is just Dollar related as the Dollar went down against the Euro but the price raise earlier came a little out of the Blue.
It may have happened a few weeks ago, but it was very recent, regardless. The M7 went up $250 and the 7-M went up $200. I'm really unsure of the cause. Hopefully it goes back down again, like it did in Europe.
Old 22nd August 2017
  #148
Quote:
Originally Posted by Moondog007 View Post
I'm guessing the analog work on m200 has to do with analog delays and digital work has to do with the verbs?

That would be really cool

A friend of mine replaced the clock signal on a BBD with a Arduino mini, BBD now syncs to MIDI and has DAW control using the modwheel... pretty stellar combination if I say so myself. Also very easy now to half or double the delay times keeping perfect sync.

M200 has been quite secretive so far hasn't it, I bet it will be...
Old 22nd August 2017
  #149
Here for the gear
 

ITB Bricasti

this where indeed a reason too buy a UAD system too spit out a Number
i where paying 1000 Dollar for that user license

Mister Casey
id thing there are a lot guys with high end converters
too transfer the idea of high end reverb with sharc dsp
in a ITB system.
i see no reason too not
go the same way like Algorithmix..
they are still high ball park and accepted for best digital EQ

Cheers Pat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jvson View Post
UAD Bricasti... 8). no code in that bitch, all hardware-signal path emulation
Old 26th August 2017
  #150
Lives for gear
 

Dear Casey,

Will the M200 offer any multi programs? I am thinking, as you have described it, it might go excellent in a live guitar rig....

thank you,

N
Topic:
Post Reply

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.


 
 
Slide to join now Processing…
Thread Tools
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Forum Jump
Forum Jump