The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Bricasti M7 - version 3.0 Reverb/Delay Processors (HW)
Old 13th January 2017
holy cr_p

really holy crap

Any idea on pricing for V3 upgrade?
Old 13th January 2017
AB3
Lives for gear

Just happen to see this. Perhaps my favorite of all posts on Gearslutz!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by pieter k View Post
Wonderful metaphor.

This is so refreshing to read from a manufacturer.

It seems that in the ever-expanding world of high end gear, so much emphasis is placed on recreating the past.

Sound like Abbey Road!

Sound like Olympic Studios!

Sound like "Let it Bleed!"

You can be Tony Visconti!

You can sound like Glyn Johns!

Tired of it.

How about sounding like nobody else? How about sounding like the future, not the past?
Old 14th January 2017
Moonwalking is elevated to an art form here.
Old 15th January 2017
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim Williams View Post
Moonwalking is elevated to an art form here.
Lol...so is shagging plastic dolls!
Old 25th January 2017
Gear Maniac

is it too soon to give an idea of how much one should be saving for the m200? easily my most anticipated piece of 2017.
Old 25th January 2017
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnny Mack View Post
is it too soon
Yes. But a couple of budgeting notes.

We will be doing another plugin with Exponential Audio that will likely be the same price as their M7 Control plugin. It will run directly over USB though, so no midi adapter is required.

Software updates to the M200 will be delivered digitally and will be fed to the unit also via USB.

We are building the M200 like a rock so it can be put on the road without worries. We are putting in some AC wall diagnostics so that you will know right away if the venue has any AC power issues.

After the M7 upgrade is out. We will come back with a full USB and Midi implementation update for the M200 to gain integration into existing live control systems/pedal boards.

One of the things I am working on in the V3 algorithm is sound source directionality. It is cool for Reverb duties, but one of the things I want to go back to for a second M200 release is a "Leslie in a Road House" preset since the Reverb handles the spinning horn correctly.

I love working on the M200 because it is exactly opposite my M7 philosophy. Effects and grit.

Also remember the M200 has only analog audio IO so it will need an analog home within your setup. This won't change no matter the number of folks chiming in that "If only it had digital IO then..."

-Casey

Last edited by Casey; 25th January 2017 at 07:31 PM..
Old 25th January 2017
Cool you picked up my Leslie suggestion !
Old 25th January 2017
Hey Casey, did the Marine Corps Band buy one? I swear I heard the M7 during the inauguration. That was outdoors but sounded like a fine hall.
Old 26th January 2017
Gear Nut

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnny Mack View Post
is it too soon to give an idea of how much one should be saving for the m200? easily my most anticipated piece of 2017.
Budget $6k, that way when it comes in below $3k you can be pleasantly surprised and buy 2 or 3!
Old 26th January 2017
Gear Maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by Talljoe View Post
Budget $6k, that way when it comes in below $3k you can be pleasantly surprised and buy 2 or 3!
ha sounds like a plan!

and thanks for the insight Casey! the plot has certainly thickened
Old 26th January 2017
Lives for gear
Quote:
Originally Posted by mahasandi View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by AllBread 
I sure would love to have both those outputs functional at the same time!
Casey
I made a bad call regarding the original design. I am truly sorry that this has turned out to be a headache for so many folks. #658

-Casey
That is really admirable to acknowledge customers frustration~* #664

Casey and Brian rule!!!!

It will be fixed in V3. But V3 is a huge step and won't hit for over a year. #665

-Casey

don't know .... and it's been a year maybe soon.... who knows!
To me this say's load about Bricasti. An honest straight answer is worth so much. Now I want an M7 even more.
Old 26th January 2017
Directionality ?????? Where's the drool emoji?
Old 11th March 2017
Lives for gear

Bump
Old 12th March 2017
Lives for gear
Quote:
Originally Posted by Casey View Post

We will be doing another plugin with Exponential Audio that will likely be the same price as their M7 Control plugin. It will run directly over USB though, so no midi adapter is required.

Software updates to the M200 will be delivered digitally and will be fed to the unit also via USB.

We are building the M200 like a rock so it can be put on the road without worries. We are putting in some AC wall diagnostics so that you will know right away if the venue has any AC power issues.

After the M7 upgrade is out. We will come back with a full USB and Midi implementation update for the M200 to gain integration into existing live control systems/pedal boards.

One of the things I am working on in the V3 algorithm is sound source directionality. It is cool for Reverb duties, but one of the things I want to go back to for a second M200 release is a "Leslie in a Road House" preset since the Reverb handles the spinning horn correctly.

I love working on the M200 because it is exactly opposite my M7 philosophy. Effects and grit.

Also remember the M200 has only analog audio IO so it will need an analog home within your setup. This won't change no matter the number of folks chiming in that "If only it had digital IO then..."

-Casey
Still a little confused. Will the M7 v3 upgrade do EVERYTHING the M200 does. It seems that there is all kinds of saturation and compression going on inside M200. Is this analog processing or is this solely digital processing also available in V3 upgrade. Will some of this down and dirty M200 be missing from V3 upgrade?
Old 12th March 2017
Lives for gear

The extensive analog section is exclusive to the M200. The M200 will have a limited version of the V3 Reverb algs and those will be available along with the digital aspects of the M200 effects in the V3 M7.

The full implementation of the V3 Reverb algorithms on the V3 M7 require much more DSP than will a available in the M200.

For the best effects go with an M200. For the best reverbs go with the V3 M7. They travel in pairs. Both will have full EA plugin control.

-Casey
Old 12th March 2017
Lives for gear

Can the M10 Remote control the M200?
Old 12th March 2017
Lives for gear

Dammit looks like I'll need 4 more aux busses
Old 12th March 2017
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snoggin View Post
Can the M10 Remote control the M200?
No. But footpedals yes.

-Casey
Old 12th March 2017
Gear Addict

Quote:
The extensive analog section is exclusive to the M200. The M200 will have a limited version of the V3 Reverb algs and those will be available along with the digital aspects of the M200 effects in the V3 M7.

The full implementation of the V3 Reverb algorithms on the V3 M7 require much more DSP than will a available in the M200.

For the best effects go with an M200. For the best reverbs go with the V3 M7. They travel in pairs. Both will have full EA plugin control.

-Casey
Cassey,

when will we see them? Could you say us more about the V3 reverb algos? They wil be very diferent or just improving?
Old 13th March 2017
Lives for gear

Quote:
Hi Casey,

In earlier comments, you seemed to be saying that v3 of the M7 will include the digital version of the M200, which I took to mean that all the effects and algorithms of the M200 will be available in the M7, but (obviously) without the analog i/o of the M200 - presumably using the analog or digital i/o of the M7 instead.

Is that still the intention, and is my understanding correct regarding the i/o aspect?

Best,
Ray
Old 13th March 2017
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrChick View Post
Cassey,

when will we see them? Could you say us more about the V3 reverb algos? They wil be very diferent or just improving?
Well I have said that V3 appears to be a next step to me. But really only listening and time will tell. M200 is targeting next January (NAMM) and the V3 upgrade will follow that by at least six months.

Also please recall that the sales price of the M7 will be raised by the price of the V3 upgrade when V3 is introduced.

-Casey
Old 13th March 2017
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkSky Media View Post
Hi Casey,

In earlier comments, you seemed to be saying that v3 of the M7 will include the digital version of the M200, which I took to mean that all the effects and algorithms of the M200 will be available in the M7, but (obviously) without the analog i/o of the M200 - presumably using the analog or digital i/o of the M7 instead.

Is that still the intention, and is my understanding correct regarding the i/o aspect?

Best,
Ray
The M200 contains quite a bit of analog goodness that will not be replicated in the M7 V3 upgrade. There are also many quite unique digital elements beyond the reverbs which will definitely be a part of the M7 V3 upgrade. These will all be available using either the digital or the analog IO facilities of the M7.

The V3 upgrade includes a tremendous amount of new DSP hardware relative to either the V2 M7 or certainly the M200. It is required for the full implementation of the V3 Reverb algorithms. V3 for the M7 will of course include all of V1 and V2.

The M200 has a "light" or limited implementation of the V3 algorithms and cannot run the V1 or V2 algorithms.

And yes, the M200 has only analog IO.

-Casey
Old 13th March 2017
Lives for gear

Quote:
The M200 contains quite a bit of analog goodness that will not be replicated in the M7 V3 upgrade. There are also many quite unique digital elements beyond the reverbs which will definitely be a part of the M7 V3 upgrade. These will all be available using either the digital or the analog IO facilities of the M7.

The V3 upgrade includes a tremendous amount of new DSP hardware relative to either the V2 M7 or certainly the M200. It is required for the full implementation of the V3 Reverb algorithms. V3 for the M7 will of course include all of V1 and V2.

The M200 has a "light" or limited implementation of the V3 algorithms and cannot run the V1 or V2 algorithms.

-Casey
Thanks for your reply and those clarifications, Casey. Lots of good news there!

When you get a chance, it would be great to hear more about the nature and extent of the analog elements of the M200, and the degree of control and latitude that will be available.

I'm also looking forward to more detail (in due course) about the pricing and process/mechanism for upgrading our M7s to v3. Our two units in the racks here are quietly pulsing with anticipation!
Old 13th March 2017
Lives for gear
Quote:

-Casey
Sounds fantastic.
Old 13th March 2017
Casey,

You mentioned somewhere there will be a stereo + mono I/O on the M200 ?

Will this mean I could run a stereo reverb and mono delay on separate I/O ?

Do some L/C/R stuff ?
Old 13th March 2017
Lives for gear

Yes and yes.

-Casey
Old 13th March 2017
Oooooooh man, this will be so awesome !!!!
Old 14th March 2017
Lives for gear
Quote:

-Casey
Ok cool. Is the analog goodness present in Ma200 but missing from v3 upgrade only to do with clever routing possibilities? OR are there sonic differences? Ie does the Ma200 have non digital analog circuts implemented for delays and compression etc that v3 will obviously lack.

In other words, willI need both?
Old 14th March 2017
Old 14th March 2017
Lives for gear

... and yes to routing and yes to sonic.

-Casey
Topic:

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search