The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Bricasti M7 - version 3.0 Reverb/Delay Processors (HW)
Old 6th June 2016
Gear Maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by TanTan View Post
If there is anybody out there who's waiting for the V3 upgrade to buy a Bric, don't wait ! It's already by far and beyond the best reverbrator in history, now we're waiting for the best to get even better.. I for one can't imagine anything better so I'm not surprised Casey is spending years of development on the new version in order to top something no one else hasn't even nearly touched..
Dont know much about history ... Lala
Old 6th June 2016
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rexy Rex View Post
Sorry to TheLastByte. I didn't mean that as an insult to just you personally. I just used it as an opportunity to say something that I've been meaning to say.

This butt kissing is pathetic.

Bricasti is good, but...
No butt kissing here Old chap, I'm just looking for new effects devices in 2016-20 period as what's being offered now is pretty slim, or rehashed designs etc and as most (Top Flight Engineers) are using 35-15 year old units and as to plug in's etc. If you love them well enjoy and keep them! I loathe the damn things and vapourware alongside the Slate/Eventide pay per month Crap is just gouging money from people, talk about SCAM! Phucking hell I don't even own a Bricasti, though I give props to Casey and the team for making a damn unit! Though a Vintage Bricasti type recreation now that's my kind of thing! Seriously a unit that creates those Vintage type sounds and Algos would free up 15 plus racks, that would be very nice!

Regards
TheLastByte
Old 7th June 2016
Gear Maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheLastByte View Post
No butt kissing here Old chap, I'm just looking for new effects devices in 2016-20 period as what's being offered now is pretty slim, or rehashed designs etc and as most (Top Flight Engineers) are using 35-15 year old units and as to plug in's etc. If you love them well enjoy and keep them! I loathe the damn things and vapourware alongside the Slate/Eventide pay per month Crap is just gouging money from people, talk about SCAM! Phucking hell I don't even own a Bricasti, though I give props to Casey and the team for making a damn unit! Though a Vintage Bricasti type recreation now that's my kind of thing! Seriously a unit that creates those Vintage type sounds and Algos would free up 15 plus racks, that would be very nice!

Regards
TheLastByte
Impossible to
Recreate the sound of a h3000 or sp2016 in a modern emulation
Old 7th June 2016
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by d2 d3 e6 View Post
Impossible to
No worries. All of my wood is behind one arrow. Moving the technology forward. I have no plans to revisit the past.

-Casey
Old 7th June 2016
I too look forward to the future of reverberation. We are fortunate to have some of the best minds ever developing this stuff, I trust they will do a bang-up job.

We already have all the older pieces now, no need to clone them. If you do, go buy Slate, etc, and enjoy the imitations.
Old 7th June 2016
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim Williams View Post
I too look forward to the future of reverberation. We are fortunate to have some of the best minds ever developing this stuff, I trust they will do a bang-up job.

We already have all the older pieces now, no need to clone them. If you do, go buy Slate, etc, and enjoy the imitations.
Lol....just how many Slate Microphones have you fixed Jim?
I mean, whoa! That long body U47 must take serious work? Or don't they understand you work in Analog not Algor-Log? Lol....!
Old 7th June 2016
Plastic blow up dolls don't make it for me either, YMMV.
Old 7th June 2016
Gear Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Casey View Post
All of my wood is behind one arrow.
Wonderful metaphor.

Quote:
Moving the technology forward. I have no plans to revisit the past.
This is so refreshing to read from a manufacturer.

It seems that in the ever-expanding world of high end gear, so much emphasis is placed on recreating the past.

Sound like Abbey Road!

Sound like Olympic Studios!

Sound like "Let it Bleed!"

You can be Tony Visconti!

You can sound like Glyn Johns!

Tired of it.

How about sounding like nobody else? How about sounding like the future, not the past?
Old 10th June 2016
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim Williams View Post
Plastic blow up dolls don't make it for me either, YMMV.
Well, I wouldn't know Jim? you've obviously tried them....Your Milage obviously does vary and very oddly!

Plastic Blow up Dolls - Huh! Nope I've stuck to actual Females....Lol...! And prized ones at that!

TLB.
Old 10th June 2016
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by d2 d3 e6 View Post
Impossible to
Right........Because near every DAW user like you and a ten Buck USB microphones uses Wav. files in some simulation of a simulation of....a simulated simulator Plug In?

Erm..who cited H3000 or SP2016's?
No one i can see.....Drinking again huh!

This is a Bricasti thread Man!- Another GS TRoll Geez~
Old 14th June 2016
Gear Addict

Well as an experiment, nobody took my head off for the criticism, or maybe they just ignored me and are living in their own music.

Casey is a rockstar, and that's the fringe benefits of making good products.

I hope this is the model for good economics. No every endeavor is gonna be a complete cash cow, but I hope that every great producer gets their due compensation. People who make great gear should get that much recognition. Places like Gearslutz are apart of that: A future with a just economy. Bricasti on here rocking it.

And Bricasti may just become a truly GREAT frickin all-around company.
Old 14th June 2016
Lives for gear

I'm not quite sure why certain people feel the need to defend and/or force opinions and opines - alongside "Fan Boi" type tactics, it's just a Damn reverb unit, nothing more nothing less and compared to Quantec or Eventide and it's certainly NOT the only game in town, though whatever? I mean seriously it shows very old jaded and near prejudiced views from some people posting, and we are talking First world problems not Dash etc. look the Bricasti is certainly a great unit, though it doesn't cover every single Reverberation requirement, nothing does nor do Eventide cover every time domain effect, look at their Plug in's total nightmare with zero mojo etc.

Often it's not the Bricasti though a Moog Fooger, Rev-7 and PCM-41 alongside Roland RSS-10 Spring Reverb that cracks the walnut, there are plenty of spaces where the Bricasti just doesn't work and is either too good, too bright too new and far to Hi-Res, just like some shots are better in colour other require and need Black and white! Certainly I'm not taking anything away from the Bricasti it's a beatiful sounding unit, though sometimes it's Hamburger required not the finest marbled "Kobo Filet or Waku Beef? And Version 3.......? I'd be prepared for a long, 18 month plus wait!

Sheesh?
Old 14th June 2016
With Lexicon dying on the vine, I trust Bricasti with the future of reverberation.
Old 14th October 2016
Gear Maniac

Any news/status update on V3???
Old 14th October 2016
Gear Addict

I love the M7, may God speed V3.

More importantly to me right now, while enjoying V2, is the M200.

I would like to see dual mono/stereo capability on delays for the M200 but that is a nit.

I know it will be awhile yet on both and look forward to updates as development progresses.
Old 14th October 2016
Lives for gear

What a long slow trip it has been.

V3 has two levels of service initially. The first item will be the M200.

We will have this for the next AES. It is old school rock and roll in every sense. Analog only. Crazy analog processing including full RMS compression leading to soft saturation then on to hard clipping. Low frequency harmonics before compression from class A fet based circuit. Front panel input/mix/output sets the gain staging for clean to crunch. Zero latency dry path. Analog Abbey Road filter at the push of a button on any preset.

An eight voice varispeed section using old 16 bit SAR ADCs with arbitrary clock gen on each one.

Independent V3 reverb and Delay settings on chunky red old school 7 segment displays.

Three channels of IO including independent mono out for creative use or driving mono arrays at the back of a live setup with stereos up front. Independent mono in can be used along with stereo ins or stand alone and can drive all three outs or just the mono out for an over the top mono reverb or as an insert to your Mesa Boogie amp.

The V3 algorithm will light up the M200 in new ways that will shape new uses of the effect.

But, the real incarnation of V3 will come in the form of the M7 upgrade board. It will be after the M200 because we are tailoring a huge FPGA to work with a SHARC array that will just end the need for new reverbs in my life time. Can't even begin to describe the sonics that will be available. Suffice to say I don't imagine even seeing the bar this will set.

So, the M200 by next US AES, The M7 upgrade just after that by 3 to 6 months

The plan is that the M7 upgrade will be a user installable DSP board replacement that will be for cost. We will raise the price of the V3 M7s to match the cost of today's M7 plus the cost of the upgrade, so that all of our customers who have made us are financially protected.

Now I am off to a fundraiser for a low power FM radio station in Belfast Maine that needs to get off the ground before the end of January in order to keep the FCC license. Anybody with experience in this area please pm me, as this is all new to me!

-Casey
Old 14th October 2016
Gear Guru

Quote:
What a long slow trip it has been.

V3 has two levels of service initially. The first item will be the M200.

We will have this for the next AES. It is old school rock and roll in every sense. Analog only. Crazy analog processing including full RMS compression leading to soft saturation then on to hard clipping. Low frequency harmonics before compression from class A fet based circuit. Front panel input/mix/output sets the gain staging for clean to crunch. Zero latency dry path. Analog Abbey Road filter at the push of a button on any preset.

An eight voice varispeed section using old 16 bit SAR ADCs with arbitrary clock gen on each one.

Independent V3 reverb and Delay settings on chunky red old school 7 segment displays.

Three channels of IO including independent mono out for creative use or driving mono arrays at the back of a live setup with stereos up front. Independent mono in can be used along with stereo ins or stand alone and can drive all three outs or just the mono out for an over the top mono reverb or as an insert to your Mesa Boogie amp.

The V3 algorithm will light up the M200 in new ways that will shape new uses of the effect.

But, the real incarnation of V3 will come in the form of the M7 upgrade board. It will be after the M200 because we are tailoring a huge FPGA to work with a SHARC array that will just end the need for new reverbs in my life time. Can't even begin to describe the sonics that will be available. Suffice to say I don't imagine even seeing the bar this will set.

The plan is that the M7 upgrade will be a user installable DSP board replacement that will be for cost. We will raise the price of the V3 M7s to match the cost of today's M7 plus the cost of the upgrade, so that all of our customers who have made us are financially protected.

Now I am off to a fundraiser for a low power FM radio station in Belfast Maine that needs to get off the ground before the end of January in order to keep the FCC license. Anybody with experience in this area please pm me, as this is all new to me!

-Casey
Thanks for the descriptions Casey. Sounds innovative, absolutely FORWARD thinking, and awesomely cool. Look forward to next years AES!!!!! My prediction? The M200 will be the raging buzz of AES 2017.

(THREE thumbs up for the 3 channels of i/o on the M200!!!!!!!!!!!)
Old 15th October 2016
Lives for gear

I will purchase 8 units to convert mono channels to stereo without using computer please. Tired of pretending with plugins.
Thank you for your work and great quality sound.
Old 15th October 2016
Gear Maniac

the m200 sounds like something i will surely be interested in. i actually got a demo of the m7 at AES. first time hearing it in person. of course it was jaw dropping but when i asked the gentleman if there was any news on the delay unit he froze, looked me in the eye, grinned and said 'i don't know what your'e talking about' haha!
Old 15th October 2016
Gear Addict

What a great update!
Old 15th October 2016
Gear Maniac

Next AES in Berlin in May 2017 or in New York, October 2017?
Old 15th October 2016
Lives for gear
This V3 upgrade for M7 is something I can barely wait for! So great that all of us who bought M7s were future proof as promised
Old 15th October 2016
I also would like to have high pass filter after the Reverb!
Old 15th October 2016
Gear Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by temnov View Post
Next AES in Berlin in May 2017 or in New York, October 2017?
Casey said next US AES.
Old 15th October 2016
Gear Maniac

Oh, missed the U.S. part. Thank you, drBill!
Old 15th October 2016
Gear Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by temnov View Post
Oh, missed the U.S. part. Thank you, drBill!
sure!
Old 16th October 2016
Lives for gear

Casey. Thanks for everything. So much great work you're doing. I'm certainly down for the v3 upgrade and will also get an m200 to go with the m7. See you in NYC.
Old 17th October 2016
Gear Maniac

Quote:
-Casey
Thanks for all the update news Casey! The ability to upgrade the unit makes this awesome and not worrying about purchasing V2 and being left out!!
Old 20th October 2016
Lives for gear

This is going to be something - No doubt about that, Casey I look forward to your designs and layout!
Old 23rd October 2016
Lives for gear

Quote:
...But, the real incarnation of V3 will come in the form of the M7 upgrade board. It will be after the M200 because we are tailoring a huge FPGA to work with a SHARC array that will just end the need for new reverbs in my life time. Can't even begin to describe the sonics that will be available. Suffice to say I don't imagine even seeing the bar this will set.

The plan is that the M7 upgrade will be a user installable DSP board replacement that will be for cost. We will raise the price of the V3 M7s to match the cost of today's M7 plus the cost of the upgrade, so that all of our customers who have made us are financially protected...
Excellent news on all fronts. Thank you!
Topic:

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search