The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Bricasti M7 - version 3.0 Reverb/Delay Processors (HW)
Old 30th April 2015
Quote:
Originally Posted by softshoe View Post
Understood, I recall reading that before, and appreciate it.

But is V3 going to be a software or hardware upgrade? I ask because I'm planning to upgrade and want to know if I should earmark funds for it.
Great question ! Perhaps more precisely will V3 be a payed upgrade or free ?
Old 1st May 2015
Lives for gear

An Eventide H3000 519 micropitchshift would be very cool to see in Bricasti 3.0. Presets using just delays (with no room/hall) would also be interesting.

Anyone interested in any Eventide 2016-type reverbs in 3.0?

Love your work, Casey, and really love my Bricasti. :-)
Old 1st May 2015
The M7 is perfect as is ! It's already as good as it gets.

I'd love a HPF and a low shelve EQ post reverb, I know it's just a utility thing but it would be great not to need an outboard EQ post reverb..

As far as presets I'd personally love more CD Plates.. Some Sony DRE2000 and EMT 250 presets comes to mind here :-)
Old 6th May 2015
Here for the gear

If V3 allows you to run Digital and Analogue simultaneously would it be possible to assign the early and late parameters to independent channels. For example, early reflections on analogue channels 9-10 and late on digital channel 11-12 so that you could balance different amounts of each to individual tracks? This would be such an awesome feature. I can't wait for V3, love my bricasti!!
Old 6th May 2015
Here for the gear

I can't really see how you can do better (maybe a self-cloning feature as fellow forumers said), so I'll just encourage you to keep going this way, and I thank you for your very constructive OCD.
Old 7th May 2015
Gear Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oliver_Codd View Post
If V3 allows you to run Digital and Analogue simultaneously would it be possible to assign the early and late parameters to independent channels. For example, early reflections on analogue channels 9-10 and late on digital channel 11-12 so that you could balance different amounts of each to individual tracks? This would be such an awesome feature. I can't wait for V3, love my bricasti!!
Typically on effects units you choose either the analog or digital input, but both digital and analog outputs are active.
Old 9th May 2015
Quote:
Originally Posted by BillSimpkins View Post
A few Yamaha type verbs would be cool. A few "cheap" sounding verbs too so I can get rid of a few outboard pieces :P
Please, Please PLEASE put in a "PITCH CHANGE C" and "MICROSHIFT" type patch. It would be very handy (I know it's not verb, but hey, it would save me a lot of time and I would by another one just to have these noise free and on the remote.)
Love V2!
Yes to "PITCH CHANGE C" and "MICROSHIFT" type patch.
I already feel we get some of that with the swirling tails the exaggerated modulations within a reverb

Would be awesome!!!!
Old 9th May 2015
rcd
Gear Nut

I agree with TanTan, the M7 is PERFECT!!!! But a huge part of what got me on board was knowing that there was more to come. To make to M7 even more perfect I would love to see a HPF and low shelve EQ post reverb as well.
I don't want there to be a Plug version for 2 reasons - 1.) I would think there's too much processing power required and it wouldn't sound as good. 2.) It's like I'm a Lamborghini owner, I like the exclusivity of having the BEST!!!!
Thanks sooo much Casey for all the hard work you're putting into V3, I know the sounds and spaces will be amazing!
Old 9th May 2015
Lives for gear

Also curious about upgrade-ability.. I want a 2nd m7 .... But will wait for v3.
Old 19th December 2015
How's that v3 upgrade doing??
Old 19th December 2015
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by DavidChampoux View Post
How's that v3 upgrade doing??
I am reminded of the fact that the V1 development was over three years. V3 is an ambitious endeavor. Even with the better tools available today, the development will likely be even longer.

I have to say still over a year away.

To be clear, we are still entirely committed to the project, and look forward to offering every M7 owner a fairly priced DIY upgrade.

Just don't count on it soon.

-Casey
Old 19th December 2015
Hi Casey, thanks for the info! I was just curious, as a new M7 owner!

Very best,
David C.
Old 19th December 2015
If there is anybody out there who's waiting for the V3 upgrade to buy a Bric, don't wait ! It's already by far and beyond the best reverbrator in history, now we're waiting for the best to get even better.. I for one can't imagine anything better so I'm not surprised Casey is spending years of development on the new version in order to top something no one else hasn't even nearly touched..
Old 20th December 2015
Gear Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by TanTan View Post
If there is anybody out there who's waiting for the V3 upgrade to buy a Bric, don't wait ! It's already by far and beyond the best reverbrator in history, now we're waiting for the best to get even better.. I for one can't imagine anything better so I'm not surprised Casey is spending years of development on the new version in order to top something no one else hasn't even nearly touched..
Well she'd not a virgin anymore, and a few people have been known to get a little touchy feely with her. Great make out session.
Old 20th December 2015
Lives for gear

Bricasti Version 2 is incredible as it is, and with the Exponential Audio plugin, it's now beyond incredible!
Old 20th December 2015
Quote:
Originally Posted by rexy rex View Post
well she'd not a virgin anymore, and a few people have been known to get a little touchy feely with her. Great make out session.
hahaha :-))
Old 31st December 2015
I can't wait ...............
Old 17th January 2016
Lives for gear
Quote:
Originally Posted by digibird View Post
An Eventide H3000 519 micropitchshift would be very cool to see in Bricasti 3.0. Presets using just delays (with no room/hall) would also be interesting.

Anyone interested in any Eventide 2016-type reverbs in 3.0?

Love your work, Casey, and really love my Bricasti. :-)
The microshift would be pretty cool from a Eventide 910 or 949.
Old 17th January 2016
Lives for gear
Yeah for me, I'd like a super authentic gritty genuine sounding plate reverb. London plate is beautiful but it doesn't sound like a real moving plate with metal etc. It sounds more like a perfect Bricasti M7 (which is not a bad thing of course). I've said this before but just trying to get Casey's attention for an even more perfect device than now. Did I mention plate verb!!!
Old 1st June 2016
Here for the gear

Hi guys,
Yea the HPF would be nice. Where do you set the HPF or low shelving at? Do you usually taper the high ends too or it's already good enough?
Old 1st June 2016
Gear Head

Am I the only one who'd like to have some springs..?
Old 1st June 2016
Lives for gear

If I had to guess, I envision V3 deepening surround support, additional delay control, maybe a more affordable interim hardware release, geared for presets, with V3 itself on new chips or a daughterboard...in...hmmm...airwaves somewhat cloudy but I'll risk a shot in the dark...a 2017 release.

But what do I know?
Old 2nd June 2016
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by eppu View Post
i honestly think you are one can buy a real spring and surrounding circuit for about a hundred quid. so why waste the precious machine on such things... no need to emulate something thats small and affordable imo.
Old 2nd June 2016
Gear Head

Quote:
Originally Posted by salomonander View Post
i honestly think you are one can buy a real spring and surrounding circuit for about a hundred quid. so why waste the precious machine on such things... no need to emulate something thats small and affordable imo.
Well, I'm a live engineer. In the studio everythings possible. When you put a spring tank in front of a PA your going to have TROUBLE. I'd just like my precious machine to be able to do it all. For the time being, my "spring" is a Strymon BigSky.
Old 2nd June 2016
Quote:
The Yammy Rev. 7 has that patch, if you want surf music. Hendrix told me to never hear that again.
Old 2nd June 2016
Gear Maniac
Quote:
Typically on effects units you choose either the analog or digital input, but both digital and analog outputs are active.
that would be a GREAT feature for the M7!

I frequently use my M7 with analog inputs while tracking and this would free up converter inputs on the AD's
Old 3rd June 2016
Gear Addict

Quote:
Definitely not. Springs would be fantastic.
Old 4th June 2016
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Casey View Post
I am reminded of the fact that the V1 development was over three years. V3 is an ambitious endeavor. Even with the better tools available today, the development will likely be even longer.

I have to say still over a year away.

To be clear, we are still entirely committed to the project, and look forward to offering every M7 owner a fairly priced DIY upgrade.

Just don't count on it soon.

-Casey

Casey,
I'd love to see a Vintage Bricasti with the CD plate Algos and designed for that EMT-250/251-Lex 224-SP2016-AMS-RMX-16-to-Lex- 480/L version 3.0. That would quite simply be the best of so many vintage 1978 to 1988 type Algorithms and Colours that, it would not only leave the MKII Bricasti Floating Free, though add a New Bricasti Product, though with the final classic implementation and 2 user modes, Vintage and Modern! Now "That"..... Would be Stunning! Then a Model dedicated to Effects and Time Domain Processing only with No really big emphasis on Reverb! Ahhhh, Dreams huh!

Cheers
TLB
Old 4th June 2016
Gear Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheLastByte View Post
Casey,
I'd love to see a Vintage Bricasti with the CD plate Algos and designed for that EMT-250/251-Lex 224-SP2016-AMS-RMX-16-to-Lex- 480/L version 3.0. That would quite simply be the best of so many vintage 1978 to 1988 type Algorithms and Colours that, it would not only leave the MKII Bricasti Floating Free, though add a New Bricasti Product, though with the final classic implementation and 2 user modes, Vintage and Modern! Now "That"..... Would be Stunning! Then a Model dedicated to Effects and Time Domain Processing only with No really big emphasis on Reverb! Ahhhh, Dreams huh!

Cheers
TLB
Or they could just do a model dedicated to a space-time glue, you know, actually rethinking the whole contribution of this digital thing. What space does. Instead of DAW mixers recreating all those old things.

What it is.

FPGA has been the "next big thing" since 2000, but obviously we've been in vacation bible school. They are nice and cheap alternative to making all those ASICs. I'm glad your getting around to it.

Analog Device's DSPs were never considered something special except for small and simple devices such as the guitar pedals mentioned by the spring-reverb guy.

We often believed that Apple would have adopted the Power PC DSPs, but they've abandoned the whole thing altogether.

We all know that Bricasti makes like the best reverb, but all you butt kissers are just off-putting and pathetic.
Old 4th June 2016
Gear Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rexy Rex View Post
Sorry to TheLastByte. I didn't mean that as an insult to just you personally. I just used it as an opportunity to say something that I've been meaning to say.

This butt kissing is pathetic.

Bricasti is good, but...
Topic:

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search