The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 All  This Thread  Reviews  Gear Database  Gear for sale     Latest  Trending
Bricasti M7 - version 3.0
Old 15th June 2019
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robby in WA View Post
Only gripe, or thing I haven't figured out yet, is how to get user presets made with M7 Link to show on the actual M7. It was easy with the old plug.
Apparently you have discovered a problem in M7 Link which has now been fixed in a new V1.0.1 already available on Reverb Foundry’s site.

Tip of the hat!

-Casey
Old 16th June 2019
Gear Maniac

What do you like the best in M7Link?

For me as I said it’s the way I could see multipliers working - so simple, but so helpful in many cases. It’s interesting that with such a good reverb sometimes mix needs a low or high cutting, which is normal of course as you use reverb as a magnifying glass for certain elements, so this feature is great to have and use.

Automation- which never worked for me with M7Control here is practically painless.

Predelay - as Ionian said.

Transferring and saving four custom created in Register presets to plugin.

What’s good in your workflow?

Last edited by temnov; 16th June 2019 at 06:20 AM..
Old 17th June 2019
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by StevenLMorgan View Post
Not sure which thread but there was high level information.

I kept a few notes:

“Bricasti have announced the v3 (at least a year away), a "for cost hardware* upgrade" which will include a DSP upgrade said to have "15x the computing resource of a 3 ghz I7 processor".

Bricasti have said all along that they will keep the M7 supported and technically up-to-date for 20yrs. Seems they are sticking to it. Impressive.”

“What a long slow trip it has been.

V3 has two levels of service initially. The first item will be the M200.

We will have this for the next AES. It is old school rock and roll in every sense. Analog only. Crazy analog processing including full RMS compression leading to soft saturation then on to hard clipping. Low frequency harmonics before compression from class A fet based circuit. Front panel input/mix/output sets the gain staging for clean to crunch. Zero latency dry path. Analog Abbey Road filter at the push of a button on any preset.

An eight voice varispeed section using old 16 bit SAR ADCs with arbitrary clock gen on each one.

Independent V3 reverb and Delay settings on chunky red old school 7 segment displays.

Three channels of IO including independent mono out for creative use or driving mono arrays at the back of a live setup with stereos up front. Independent mono in can be used along with stereo ins or stand alone and can drive all three outs or just the mono out for an over the top mono reverb or as an insert to your Mesa Boogie amp.

The V3 algorithm will light up the M200 in new ways that will shape new uses of the effect.

But, the real incarnation of V3 will come in the form of the M7 upgrade board. It will be after the M200 because we are tailoring a huge FPGA to work with a SHARC array that will just end the need for new reverbs in my life time. Can't even begin to describe the sonics that will be available. Suffice to say I don't imagine even seeing the bar this will set.

So, the M200 by next US AES, The M7 upgrade just after that by 3 to 6 months

The plan is that the M7 upgrade will be a user installable DSP board replacement that will be for cost. We will raise the price of the V3 M7s to match the cost of today's M7 plus the cost of the upgrade, so that all of our customers who have made us are financially protected.”

Clearly this is an April Fool's day thing...

Though an analog box with "An eight voice varispeed section using old 16 bit SAR ADCs with arbitrary clock gen on each one." sounds quite fun..!!
Old 17th June 2019
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by temnov View Post
What do you like the best in M7Link?
I particularly like that when the M7 is set to use digital I/O, it stays that way when the session is recalled.

-Casey
Old 17th June 2019
Gear Maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by Casey View Post
I particularly like that when the M7 is set to use digital I/O, it stays that way when the session is recalled.

-Casey
That’s right! And it wasn’t the case with M7Control, I was having constant digital connection issues.

Last edited by temnov; 18th June 2019 at 02:58 AM..
Old 10th July 2019
Gear Maniac

This plugin debacle was over the top! I knew Izotope acquired Exponential Audio (I received the email) but that was total bs this plugin just disappeared the way it did! I just visited here to read up on the latest V3 upgrade and discovered this. I don't have any issues with M7 Control but will probably purchase M7 Link to have the latest.

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search