The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 All  This Thread  Reviews  Gear Database  Gear for sale     Latest  Trending
Bricasti M7 - version 3.0
Old 12th June 2019
  #451
Lives for gear
 
Bryce's Avatar
M7 Link will be on "launch" sale for $129 for the rest of June.

It's also available bundled with our HD Cart reverb for $249.

dB
Old 12th June 2019
  #452
Gear Addict
 
Doc No's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by ionian View Post
Lol this is amazing. I don't know about anyone else but the fact that you just spent time typing out my screen name one letter at a time into your bricasti just made my day.
You're welcome
Old 12th June 2019
  #453
Lives for gear
 
jsvalmont's Avatar
Is the Exponential M7 Control unsupported now that iZotope owns the company? Is that why the new one was released?
Old 12th June 2019
  #454
Lives for gear
 
cheu78's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by jsvalmont View Post
Is the Exponential M7 Control unsupported now that iZotope owns the company? Is that why the new one was released?
exactly, you could find a couple of threads speaking about it.
Exponential and Izotope dropped it out of the blue.

Bricasti put a lot of efforts in finding a solution in the shortest time possible.

kudos to Casey / Bricasti (and Bryce) to side their customers, once again!
Thank you!


I guess this tells you once more who are the companies who cares about their customers and who don't.

buy products accordingly.



Cheu

Last edited by cheu78; 12th June 2019 at 05:50 PM..
Old 12th June 2019
  #455
Gear Guru
 
drBill's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by jsvalmont View Post
Is the Exponential M7 Control unsupported now that iZotope owns the company? Is that why the new one was released?

Yes, and yes. How they (Exponential) handled it (or didn't as the case may be) caused a huge dust up in the M7 community.
Old 12th June 2019
  #456
Lives for gear
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by cheu78 View Post
...I guess this tells you once more who are the companies who cares about their customers and who don't...
ähm... - first causing issues (by not owning full control over the product but put it into the hands of a company which unfortunately got sold), then getting praise for finding a costly solution for these issues?!

(i admit it's been a fast reaction though - at least when compared with other promises)
Old 12th June 2019
  #457
Lives for gear
 
ionian's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by Doc No View Post
You're welcome
Lol I made it part of my signature. That amount of hate and rage can't go unappreciated!
Old 12th June 2019
  #458
Gear Maniac
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by ionian View Post
Lol I made it part of my signature. That amount of hate and rage can't go unappreciated!
I don’t really think it’s a hate or rage, just a healthy sarcasm
Old 12th June 2019
  #459
Lives for gear
 
ionian's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by temnov View Post
I don’t really think it’s a hate or rage, just a healthy sarcasm
Lol yeah sure, whatever. Hahahah Listen, it's a PITA to write anything into hardware devices without a keyboard, scrolling one letter at a time. The fact that he spent time doing that, entering my user name, scrolling through the alphabet one letter at a time until he got to the correct letter, then going to the next space and doing it again...well, there's much easier ways to do sarcasm so I can appreciate the effort! I don't know about you but no one aggravates me enough to put in that kind of effort!

Hell, I've edited programs on the Bricasti and just scroll over and add a 1 or something because I can't be assed to write a whole new preset name because it's a pain to do (not just the bricasti - any hardware device with that kind of input).

Although I will say, with the release of this new M7 Link, naming presets being a pain in the ass will most likely become a thing of the past!
Old 12th June 2019
  #460
Gear Maniac
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by ionian View Post
Lol yeah sure, whatever. Hahahah Listen, it's a PITA to write anything into hardware devices without a keyboard, scrolling one letter at a time. The fact that he spent time doing that, entering my user name, scrolling through the alphabet one letter at a time until he got to the correct letter, then going to the next space and doing it again...well, there's much easier ways to do sarcasm so I can appreciate the effort! I don't know about you but no one aggravates me enough to put in that kind of effort!

Hell, I've edited programs on the Bricasti and just scroll over and add a 1 or something because I can't be assed to write a whole new preset name because it's a pain to do (not just the bricasti - any hardware device with that kind of input).

Although I will say, with the release of this new M7 Link, naming presets being a pain in the ass will most likely become a thing of the past!
People have strange ways to express themselves that’s for sure. And sometimes more times it takes - more joy it brings

As about M7Link - I love the way it was thought through, developed, tested and released. And like you said if you work and change parameters on your hardware to get results you want I know how much time it will save you on every project.

I was doing it for all my PCMs in Cubase but I wish I have a plugin like that for all hardware I use!
Old 12th June 2019
  #461
Lives for gear
 
cheu78's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by deedeeyeah View Post
ähm... - first causing issues (by not owning full control over the product but put it into the hands of a company which unfortunately got sold), then getting praise for finding a costly solution for these issues?!

(i admit it's been a fast reaction though - at least when compared with other promises)
If you remember I was one of the first (and were not many) that stood up when that happen and pushed to try to have some reaction.

Also Casey/Bricasti gave the permission to do a control plug that was never on the roadmap.. He could haved denied the development easily, since it might have affected the sales of their remotes, at least from a conceptual point of view, before the plug existed (the plug it's a very different thing from the remote, and in any case will keep selling their M7 hw units in a plugin world, but at that time I'm sure this thought might have crossed the mind of the owner of an hw company selling a remote).

Casey deeply apologized for his "mistakes", but in his shoes, I'd have probably done the same thing, giving another sw company the permission (investing their time and efforts) to create such a plugin, so that Bricasti could go forward with his plans/roadmap for the hw. Maybe you never made mistakes in your life, but I'd bet I'd have done the same thing in his shoes.

If I'm not mistaken the EA version was 149$, this new version (which seems to have some cool added feats) costs 129$.. in any case, imho and ime it's worth every penny.

So I do think that we should give credit were credit is due.

Just my 0.02$,



Cheu
Old 12th June 2019
  #462
Lives for gear
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by cheu78 View Post
If you remember I was one of the first (and were not many) that stood up when that happen and pushed to try to have some reaction.

Also Casey/Bricasti gave the permission to do a control plug that was never on the roadmap.. He could haved denied the development easily, since it might have affected the sales of their remotes, at least from a conceptual point of view, before the plug existed (the plug it's a very different thing from the remote, and in any case will keep selling their M7 hw units in a plugin world, but at that time I'm sure this thought might have crossed the mind of the owner of an hw company selling a remote).

Casey deeply apologized for his "mistakes", but in his shoes, I'd have probably done the same thing, giving another sw company the permission (investing their time and efforts) to create such a plugin, so that Bricasti could go forward with his plans/roadmap for the hw. Maybe you never made mistakes in your life, but I'd bet I'd have done the same thing in his shoes.

If I'm not mistaken the EA version was 149$, this new version (which seems to have some cool added feats) costs 129$.. in any case, imho and ime it's worth every penny.

So I do think that we should give credit were credit is due.

Just my 0.02$,



Cheu

... for my taste, you showed a bit much enthusiasm for a solution to a problem that should never have happened!

guess we all can live with the loss of the 1st generation software as there is a new solution in place now - hope it's gonna last for the next 20 years (although i do have some doubts after this experience)...

just my 12'900 cents!
Old 13th June 2019
  #463
Lives for gear
 
ionian's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by temnov View Post
People have strange ways to express themselves that’s for sure. And sometimes more times it takes - more joy it brings

As about M7Link - I love the way it was thought through, developed, tested and released. And like you said if you work and change parameters on your hardware to get results you want I know how much time it will save you on every project.

I was doing it for all my PCMs in Cubase but I wish I have a plugin like that for all hardware I use!
Yeah, they wasted no time if you really count from when Exponential audio discontinued theirs to now.

I like how it draws the plot for the EQ though - that's nice to see.

Also - time synced pre-delays! How cool for a plug in to add functionality to the hardware?!
Old 13th June 2019
  #464
Lives for gear
 
cheu78's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by deedeeyeah View Post
... for my taste, you showed a bit much enthusiasm for a solution to a problem that should never have happened
I hope I didn't hurt your feelings showing too much enthusiasm..

yes it shouldn't have happened..
Guess what? It happened.

That's life.

Maybe you have a perfect life and live in a perfect world, lucky you.

They reacted to a case that they AND a LOT of users were trying to minimize, go and read what I wrote..I'm sure Casey wasn't very happy..but that was my point of view and ethics..I tried to make them aware of the possible consequences.

They reacted very fast.

The new plug have more functionality that the old one and it's already here, (and a little bit cheaper!)

Honestly I'm positively surprised by the outcome.
This is my point of view and ethics, to give credit were credit is due.

If all this looks normal business in the proaudio world in 2019 to you, think again.
I'd suggest trying to persuade avid (or any other company) to make a plugin that doesn't generate a lot of income (probably, although is more a service "offered" to your customers) that somebody else created and dropped.

Let's see how dimmed your enthusiasm is, when you'll see that happen.



Cheu
Old 13th June 2019
  #465
Lives for gear
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by cheu78 View Post
I hope I didn't hurt your feelings showing too much enthusiasm..

yes it shouldn't have happened..
Guess what? It happened.

That's life.

Maybe you have a perfect life and live in a perfect world, lucky you.

They reacted to a case that they AND a LOT of users were trying to minimize, go and read what I wrote..I'm sure Casey wasn't very happy..but that was my point of view and ethics..I tried to make them aware of the possible consequences.

They reacted very fast.

The new plug have more functionality that the old one and it's already here, (and a little bit cheaper!)

Honestly I'm positively surprised by the outcome.
This is my point of view and ethics, to give credit were credit is due.

If all this looks normal business in the proaudio world in 2019 to you, think again.
I'd suggest trying to persuade avid (or any other company) to make a plugin that doesn't generate a lot of income (probably, although is more a service "offered" to your customers) that somebody else created and dropped.

Let's see how dimmed your enthusiasm is, when you'll see that happen.



Cheu
again: nothing wrong with liking a product! but giving so much praise to fixing a problem which should not have happened/could have been avoided to me is kinda strange and imo shows that your enthusiasm lead you to loosing perspective - nothing to do with ethics. and pls stop making further (and wrong) assumptions on my behalf (regarding my view on perfection, profit or plugins etc) and stop trying to make a more sceptical view on things look bad - ciao,
didier
Old 13th June 2019
  #466
Gear Addict
 
Doc No's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by ionian View Post
Lol I made it part of my signature. That amount of hate and rage can't go unappreciated!
Rage? Hate? Huh? It was just meant to be funny/sarcastic. I think you just take it way too seriously. Calm down bro.
Old 13th June 2019
  #467
Lives for gear
 
italo de angelis's Avatar
 

Folks

this is getting into a soap opera....
why not discussing some cool technical things, like Ionian described his way to use different machines to get color/non color... and stuff like that?
Please... don't bring such a hardware great name into a tragedy as it makes no sense.
Don't dress the marketing expert suit... and talk big mouth like those ****ty executives. Do what you do... SOUNDS!

Thank you.
Old 13th June 2019
  #468
Lives for gear
 
ionian's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by Doc No View Post
Rage? Hate? Huh? It was just meant to be funny/sarcastic. I think you just take it way too seriously. Calm down bro.


Lol I can't remember the last time I took anything seriously at all. But I'll give you a cookie for trying!


Quote:
Originally Posted by italo de angelis View Post
Folks

this is getting into a soap opera....
why not discussing some cool technical things, like Ionian described his way to use different machines to get color/non color... and stuff like that?
Please... don't bring such a hardware great name into a tragedy as it makes no sense.
Don't dress the marketing expert suit... and talk big mouth like those ****ty executives. Do what you do... SOUNDS!

Thank you.
Definitely! I love mixing and matching machines to make new sounds and new colors! The whole point of this is to be creative, because if you're not being creative, than what's the point? Then it's not fun!
Old 13th June 2019
  #469
Gear Maniac
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Casey View Post
Of course you can always flip through M7 presets using any midi controller using midi program changes. You can even save that preset with your session by pressing the M7 “prog” button for 2 seconds and recording the midi output on a track in the session.



-Casey
Is there a step by step yt vid?
Old 14th June 2019
  #470
I'm liking this new plug a lot. Works fine w/a MOTU MIDI Express XT (USB).

It's much easier on the eyes, gold is so early '90s. A lot of what the other was missing is there now. Tempo lock, no more looking up times. Locking parameters...

I had a bunch of presets I made with the other plug. I was able to open both at once, dump them into the Registers and SYSEX them back to the M7 Link. Golden.

Think iZotope should give those who bought the Control a coupon towards another plug at the very least, they're rep.

Hats off to ReverbFoundry, well done.
Old 14th June 2019
  #471
Lives for gear
 
Casey's Avatar
 

It’s all good of course.

@ anon is a good customer to Bricasti. We appreciate that he has helped us along financially! When the M7 was no longer of as much value in his work, he found someone who valued it even more than he did originally. Nice!

I hope that person is still enjoying it!



-Casey
Old 14th June 2019
  #472
Lives for gear
 
italo de angelis's Avatar
 

Anon

I think it's time for you to drop and stop this. It's pointless... you don't even have a Bricasti anymore so... you're not going anywhere.
And yes... it IS anybody's business on this forum, being a public place where you are discussing your OWN reasons. You may have done that directly and privately with Bricasti.
So... let's get back to the interesting matters rather than questioning ass hairs ... back to the good stuff...
Old 14th June 2019
  #473
Lives for gear
 
KevWind's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by Casey View Post
Yes of course you are correct.

V3 was later clarified in this thread in 2015 as we realized that V3 would require new hardware!

I apologize to you for leaving you hanging on this one. As you say I could have handled it better back then by knowing what V3 was before mentioning it being free.



-Casey
Wait are you admitting to being human ? Sorry could not resist (my bad)

To clarify V3 will require some new internal component for the V2 box ? and will it by basic enough that the user can change it ? Or if we do feel confident enough can send it to you ?
Old 14th June 2019
  #474
Lives for gear
 
italo de angelis's Avatar
 

Casey

NEVER announce any update/upgrade before things are done. That's the best common practice in the industry.
But as a guy once said... "you won't be able to make everybody always happy".... so... that's all there is to it.
On to more interesting topics, should we?
Old 14th June 2019
  #475
Here for the gear
Sorry it's a bit confusing now
Hello Casey. just to be clear about current projections. it will be an entire new machine or just a new processor that will still get putted inside down in the current v2? thank you
Old 14th June 2019
  #476
Lives for gear
 
Casey's Avatar
 

@ anon and others affected. I want to be clear. In his own words I broke a promise. He is right and I apologize for that.



-Casey
Old 14th June 2019
  #477
Lives for gear
 
Casey's Avatar
 

Now, how about that plugin! Or anything else.



-Casey
Old 14th June 2019
  #478
Lives for gear
Quote:
Originally Posted by Casey View Post
Now, how about that plugin! Or anything else.



-Casey
The new plugin is REALLY great! Feature rich and very easy on the eye.
Old 14th June 2019
  #479
Lives for gear
 
KevWind's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by Casey View Post
Now, how about that plugin! Or anything else.



-Casey
Yes as per my other post (and perhaps this has already been answered I have not read the entire thread)
V3 will be a single interior HW component change for a current V2 box ?
Old 14th June 2019
  #480
EDITED: Thanks Mods!

Only gripe, or thing I haven't figured out yet, is how to get user presets made with M7 Link to show on the actual M7. It was easy with the old plug.
Attached Thumbnails
Bricasti M7 - version 3.0-m7holyf-1.jpg  

Last edited by Robby in WA; 15th June 2019 at 03:20 PM..
Post Reply

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.


 
 
Slide to join now Processing…
Thread Tools
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Forum Jump
Forum Jump