The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 All  This Thread  Reviews  Gear Database  Gear for sale     Latest  Trending
Bricasti M7 - version 3.0
Old 12th May 2019
Gear Nut

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bryce View Post
Hey, guys -

There's an M7 Control replacement coming. Quite soon, actually.

Reverb Foundry will be releasing our new M7 Link plug-in controller shortly. We hope you'll be pleased with what we've done with it.

There are already a few beta copies in the field. If any of you would like to take the beta version for a drive around the block and give us your impressions, please drop me a PM.

dB
Reverb Foundry
The beta of this is impressive. The interface is gorgeous. Of particular note is the ability to lock parameters like pre-delay and decay while switching between programs.

A well-thought-out controller.

Bravo!

-bryan
Old 13th May 2019
Gear Maniac

This plugin is much more than you’d expect, it’s just on different and much higher level than M7Control ever been.

Automation is much smoother and precise, GUI is very informative and easy to read and no hiccups even with beta so far. Release the kraken!
Old 13th May 2019
Here for the gear
What midi interfaces are people using with the M7 Link beta?

I’ve tried both Motu Fastlane and Roland Um One mk2 and no luck
Old 13th May 2019
Lives for gear

An important note, M7 link will only work with the V2 M7 software.

-Casey
Old 13th May 2019
Lives for gear
Quote:
Originally Posted by Digi_io View Post

MOTU Fastlane works fine for me. I'm using the V2 M7 software.
Old 13th May 2019
Gear Maniac

RME UfX midi ports one and two. Midi in outs on Eleven. Midi Sport. These are tested and worked with no problem. M7 V2 as well. Of course you could work with all presets from v1 using M7Link but you need software version 2 installed.

On a side note I had a lot of problems with M7Control on UFX.
Old 13th May 2019
Gear Head
I’m using an old midiman 4x4 midi interface with M7 control with V2 without any problems..
Old 15th May 2019
2 M7's with 2 MOTU Fastlanes working great. THANK YOU for pickup up this ball and making this software....
Old 15th May 2019
Quote:

I’m using it successfully with the Roland. I did have to download the latest driver to get it to work though.

https://www.roland.com/us/support/by...dates_drivers/
Old 15th May 2019
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by seawell View Post
I’m using it successfully with the Roland. I did have to download the latest driver to get it to work though.

https://www.roland.com/us/support/by...dates_drivers/
We've tested this device, and found it worked without any driver updates on Windows when it’s set to the tablet mode (it has a little slider switch on the side, computer vs tablet mode).

dB
Reverb Foundry
Old 17th May 2019
Here for the gear
Quote:
We've tested this device, and found it worked without any driver updates on Windows when it’s set to the tablet mode (it has a little slider switch on the side, computer vs tablet mode).

dB
Reverb Foundry
Seems after doing a few experiments that it is an issue when using the plugin in Digital Performer (10.01) so I need to work out why as this is my main DAW

I have just tried the M7 Link plug-in within Cubase Pro 10 and it works fine.

If I change preset on the M10 remote, should the plugin reflect the patch change ?
Old 17th May 2019
Lives for gear

Quote:
Seems after doing a few experiments that it is an issue when using the plugin in Digital Performer (10.01) so I need to work out why as this is my main DAW

I have just tried the M7 Link plug-in within Cubase Pro 10 and it works fine.

If I change preset on the M10 remote, should the plugin reflect the patch change ?
Hm.

I didn't seem to have problems, using it with DP - it's my main DAW as well...but I'm still on 9. I have two MOTU MIDI Express units that I use, and they seem to work okay.

Not sure about the M10 question. I'll check. I'm in New Zealand at the moment, so it may take a minute. Glad to hear it's working in Cubase for you, though! Stuff like this is why we do beta before releasing.

Thanks so much for your efforts - greatly appreciated!

To all - there's a new build on the site. Nothing really exciting to see - mainly background stuff to fix some issues that have been found.

dB
Old 17th May 2019
Lives for gear

Front panel or M10 changes on the M7 will not be reflected on the M7 Link.

A long press on the M7 Edit button will send your current settings to M7 Link however.

So for example if you were tracking with a nice M7 setup and you wanted to create a preset of that setup in M7 Link, just long press the M7 Edit button and you will have it.

-Casey
Old 17th May 2019
Gear Head
I just installed beta version of the M7 link. I quickly tried it with a modest MIDIMATE II USB 2.0. It seems to work. I have in my Bricasti the v.2. In Logic Pro I took instrument track and there M7 Link was to choice first as a mono, but when keep pressing option key, it was a stereo. Changing presets change the name in M7 Link Bricasti too.
M7 Link looks very clear and nice.
Old 17th May 2019
Here for the gear
Quote:
Hm.

I didn't seem to have problems, using it with DP - it's my main DAW as well...but I'm still on 9. I have two MOTU MIDI Express units that I use, and they seem to work okay.

Not sure about the M10 question. I'll check. I'm in New Zealand at the moment, so it may take a minute. Glad to hear it's working in Cubase for you, though! Stuff like this is why we do beta before releasing.

Thanks so much for your efforts - greatly appreciated!

To all - there's a new build on the site. Nothing really exciting to see - mainly background stuff to fix some issues that have been found.

dB
I have a feeling it’s specific to DP10 as Exponential Audios M7 Control plug-in stopped seeing my M7M when I upgraded a couple of months ago
Old 18th May 2019
Lives for gear

Quote:
I have a feeling it’s specific to DP10 as Exponential Audios M7 Control plug-in stopped seeing my M7M when I upgraded a couple of months ago
Dammit...now I have to upgrade...

Will let you know if I have similar results.

dB
Old 19th May 2019
Gear Addict

I’ve had issues with the M7 control plugin since 1.1.2 AU ver in Logic though the last VST vers works fine in Reaper. So I have the AU 1.12 and VST 3.0.1. Booth versions work fine, I don’t know what difference between versions is.
Old 21st May 2019
Lives for gear
Can anyone please post the gui of M7 Link?
Old 21st May 2019
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by amit monga View Post
Can anyone please post the gui of M7 Link?
We'd prefer not to do that until it's officially released.

dB
Reverb Foundry
Old 21st May 2019
Lives for gear
Quote:

dB
Reverb Foundry
No problem. Any ETA for the release?
Old 21st May 2019
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by amit monga View Post
No problem. Any ETA for the release?
Beta is a weird and wond'rous process...

We just put up a new build a few days ago. I think we're waiting to hear what folks think about that...but hopefully it should be much longer.*

Thanks again to all the 'slutz who've been taking the time and energy to put M7L through it's paces!

dB

* You'd figure I'd know better than to tempt Fate like that...
Old 22nd May 2019
Lives for gear
Quote:

dB
Reverb Foundry
I was just gonna PM you and ask. Got it
Old 22nd May 2019
Lives for gear

Quote:
It appears DP10 is not the culprit.

I downloaded latest M7L build (0.8). Worked fine in DP9. Saved the project with M7L open and set to a specific program. Quit DP9 and made sure M7 was back to standalone mode.

Then, I downloaded and installed DP10. When I opened the project with M7L instantiated, it automatically took over the M7, set it to the correct program and appears to function perfectly.

dB
Old 24th May 2019
Gear Head

Just for a little reality check...

We bought 3 M7s and an M10. I loved them.

When the M7 was released we were promised future updates to the machine without needing new DSP.

After spending around 15K on them, we got 1 large update (V2) and thats it.

V3 was a year out in 2016...

Its 2019. Now its a completely different animal.

We sold our M7s- all 3.

I decided to get out from under them while I thought they held value- IMHO the new hardware, regardless of implementation, will mess with resale.

Combined with delay after delay and now needing a new DSP, we decided it best to move on.

Its an amazing sounding reverb for sure but while Casey is very nice, they haven't lived up to many promises of the long term format initially promised.

It is what it is, but lets not forget the reality here.
Old 25th May 2019
Quote:
Originally Posted by pippi View Post

When the M7 was released we were promised future updates to the machine without needing new DSP.

We sold our M7s- all 3.

I decided to get out from under them while I thought they held value- IMHO the new hardware, regardless of implementation, will mess with resale.

Combined with delay after delay and now needing a new DSP, we decided it best to move on.

Its an amazing sounding reverb for sure but while Casey is very nice, they haven't lived up to many promises of the long term format initially promised.

Totally agree that v3 is pretty far behind what was originally promised.

However, when I bought my 2 M7's I had no idea a v3 was on the table...they simply did something that no plugin verb did, and I love it. No matter what version of PT or MacOS I install, my M7's work and sound exactly how they did when I first bought them, so I remain a happy buyer.

But I'm still excited what v3 could bring....

kent
Old 25th May 2019
Gear Nut
Quote:
Originally Posted by pippi View Post

We sold our M7s- all 3.

I sold my M7 last week. I fell in love with the unit realism but couldn’t hear good demos of the V2 algorithms. I love real spaces but I’m more towards modulated reverbs, and V2 disappointed me like others (read the V2 thread). I expected V3 and M200 year after year hoping it would bring something unbelievable, but I lost my patience. Sure Casey is a nice guy but in 2016 the V3 was from his words a year away. Now I use Seventh heaven professional after some other vst reverbs to obtain movement and tridimensionality. Happy with it. Maybe in the future I’ll buy it again but only if Casey will make deep demo and walkthrough of the V3 algos. I will not spend my money twice without hearing it.
Old 25th May 2019
Lives for gear

Selling the best reverb in the world because it isn’t better yet is a very strange take but to each their own I guess ?*♂️

It was never sold on the tag line ‘v3 coming soon’
Old 25th May 2019
Lives for gear

I wonder if anyone ever had that attitude about an EMT 140 plate or Lex 480? I don't lose much time worrying about the future of my Bricasti M7 coz right now, in the present, it sounds frikkin' beautiful and I wouldn't want to work without it.

I love the flexibility and adaptability of plugin verbs, and I've got dozens of'em. But the M7 has a sound all its own and I depend on it.

Old 25th May 2019
Gear Nut
Quote:
Originally Posted by africantigercow View Post
Selling the best reverb in the world because it isn’t better yet is a very strange take but to each their own I guess ?*♂️

It was never sold on the tag line ‘v3 coming soon’
As I specified in my post, I sold it because it didn’t fit my needs first, and for the delay of the V3, which I hoped could give me what I want. That’s it.
Old 25th May 2019
Lives for gear

If it doesn't "fit your needs" then it doesn't
Me it fits perfect.
Like hoop when I bought mine there was no V3 to anticipate, that I was aware of.

I don't think I would ever sell it because I know as soon as I did it would be like "Oh S**t what was I thinkin" like I did with my Schoeps CMC64

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search