The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 All  This Thread  Reviews  Gear Database  Gear for sale     Latest  Trending
Bricasti M7 - version 3.0
Old 20th March 2019
Gear Maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by cheu78 View Post
I believe they undervaluate the power of the internet and the "boycott" that will come from a decision like this from their customers who own an M7, which as you said are mostly professionals with budget to throw at reverbs and plugs.

This is not only a sign on how they do (and imagine) their business, it clearly tells you that they don't care about the customer at all.

It's a shame because as you said they have good products.
Also this has a negative impact on Bricasti, even if it's just a collaboration..
These days you need to make sure to know who are you pairing up with..

I can only say that I'd not support a company with this kind of mindset.
They don't care about their customers, this for me it's a big show stopper.

I wouldn't be surprised if exponential will go bankrupt in a year from now because all of their M7 owners will:
1. Never ever buy something from them again
2. Spread the word about their behaviour

Imho a very dangerous way of doing business in the era of internet and in the plugs/software world, where credibility is everything.

I also don't understand Bricasti, it's their product and their customer base, Bricasti HAVE to find a solution, and one that is stable for the years to come.

Sorry for the rant, but I don't accept these kind of behaviour from companies like that. It's not serious for both parties involved imho.

They should be ashamed on how they approached and managed this. Bricasti included (although I understand they didn't have a "direct" power on the decision).
BUT it's still their product and they should trying to find a solution..finding another, hopefully better, company to be able to continue this or doing it themselves).

This is not only a very poor customer service, it's disrespectful for who just bought the plug and/or rely on the plug for MAKING a living (post production and professional studios).

Cheu
I have to agree with most of your points here, though I never actually used the plugin so not going to miss it, except the one part in bold [my bold].

This was a third party thing that went wrong. Bricasti and Casey are not really responsible. Yes, of course, they should try to get something going if they can, but it is not to be expected. Think about it this way: if you bought a Kush Fatso, would you expect Empirical Labs to keep it going, service it, do the customer support, etc.?

Hope another plugin company picks this up. Hopefully one of the big guys. Smaller companies, unfortunately, as seen time and time again, especially in the plugin world, are not that dependable (with exceptions, of course!).
Old 20th March 2019
Gear Maniac

It’s all blown out of proportion. Just because still working plug-in is dropped you behave like you’re gonna die. You will not. And you’re getting personal - “curling into a ball?” - that’s low. Go sell your M7 now.

And btw, I’m sure there will be a new plugin to control M7, it’s just matter of time.
Old 20th March 2019
The front panel controls the M7 just fine, am I missing something here?
Old 20th March 2019
Gear Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim Williams View Post
Some bought it without the panel controls. With the plug in it is way faster accessible and you can store way more presets and the automatic recall.
Old 20th March 2019
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doc No View Post
Some bought it without the panel controls. With the plug in it is way faster accessible and you can store way more presets and the automatic recall.
don't mean to be a hard ass.... but if you bought a M7 with no front panel knobs,
and did not buy the Bricasti hardware remote...

to save, what, $600..... and knew you would have to rely on a 3rd party plugin... well..... that wasnt forward thinking, was it?

just my 2c.
Old 20th March 2019
Gear Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by mixerguy View Post
don't mean to be a hard ass.... but if you bought a M7 with no front panel knobs,
and did not buy the Bricasti hardware remote...

to save, what, $600..... and knew you would have to rely on a 3rd party plugin... well..... that wasnt forward thinking, was it?

just my 2c.
I didn't do that. I've bought my units way before the plug in was released. But with the company policy praised by Bricasti, one could have counted on the fact that there would be no problems. But I think, Bricasti will deliver an alternative within a year. So I see no problem there. The M7 plug in will work way longer.

Last edited by Doc No; 27th March 2019 at 08:27 PM..
Old 21st March 2019
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by temnov View Post
It’s all blown out of proportion. Just because still working plug-in is dropped you behave like you’re gonna die. You will not. And you’re getting personal - “curling into a ball?” - that’s low. Go sell your M7 now.
Lol I assume this is directed at me? No, I won't sell it. Deal with it.

I was joking about the curing into a ball because a lot of people dogpiled on Casey about the plugin. Personal? Casey PM'd me. That's about as personal as it gets on GS so I was referencing that.

I'm going to do you a huge favor and assume that English isn't your first language and that maybe you didn't understand the context, because the only other explanation would be that you have the IQ of a handball, and I really don't want to think that.
Old 21st March 2019
Gear Maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by ionian View Post
Lol I assume this is directed at me? No, I won't sell it. Deal with it.

I was joking about the curing into a ball because a lot of people dogpiled on Casey about the plugin. Personal? Casey PM'd me. That's about as personal as it gets on GS so I was referencing that.

I'm going to do you a huge favor and assume that English isn't your first language and that maybe you didn't understand the context, because the only other explanation would be that you have the IQ of a handball, and I really don't want to think that.
You’re assuming a lot, that’s your problem. I can see it even with my handball IQ. Enjoy your high intelligence.
Old 27th March 2019
Gear Head

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim Williams View Post
It's much less efficient than the plugin, especially when you work in a hybrid environment.

I see no responsibility on Bricasti's part here (except maybe for keeping MIDI specs hidden).
OTOH I find Exponential's attitude really disappointing, just dropping a paid plugin without any notice. I own a license for M7 Control and Phoenix and well, I think I will consciously stay away from them now.

Unreliability makes for lousy professional relationships...
Old 27th March 2019
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.Michaelz View Post
It's much less efficient than the plugin, especially when you work in a hybrid environment.

I see no responsibility on Bricasti's part here (except maybe for keeping MIDI specs hidden).
OTOH I find Exponential's attitude really disappointing, just dropping a paid plugin without any notice. I own a license for M7 Control and Phoenix and well, I think I will consciously stay away from them now.

Unreliability makes for lousy professional relationships...
Agreed. I share the same sentiments. Overall I’m very happy with my Bricasti and the support I’ve recieved from @ Casey and his crew over the years. Regarding Exponential - I’ll be proceeding with caution, or not proceeding at all.
Old 28th March 2019
Gear Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by mixerguy View Post
did not buy the Bricasti hardware remote...

to save, what, $600.....
Bricasti Design M10 Remote - Vintage King
The remote is amazing and looks damned cool to boot but FTR, it's a touch more than $600.
Old 28th March 2019
Gear Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Macsearcher View Post
The remote is amazing and looks damned cool to boot but FTR, it's a touch more than $600.
And as much as I love the bricasti, and as smart as the layout is on the rack unit... (for a rack unit)

It wasn't the *best* move basically duplicating the rack units layout in a desktop format - > They could have fitted about 6 small faders or like... 16 knobs for real time control... If I'm coughing up 2k plus for a remote at least make the interfacing a bit more interactive? It's a damn fancy jog wheel... but it's a jog wheel and there is only one of em.

just saying...
Old 28th March 2019
Gear Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by africantigercow View Post
? It's a damn fancy jog wheel... but it's a jog wheel and there is only one of em.

just saying...
There's no question that the device is expensive and targeted at a high end market. Mostly folks that have multiple units like many film score mixers do. I know that it looks simple on the surface but if you are controlling multiple units, this thing is great. The layout and design are flawless as is the craftsmanship.

I think that ol' Steve did a pretty good job of proving that a jog wheel and a few buttons can be pretty powerful.
Old 28th March 2019
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Macsearcher View Post
no no no..... i mean the m7 with front panel controls is something like $600 more than the blank front panel version.

meaning that you are not left up a creek if you buy a hardware reverb that has the knobs on it - to be safe. +$600 approx.

Old 28th March 2019
Lives for gear

I own the blank front-panel version and the M10 remote because the fans on the M7 is too noisy for my control room (which is dead silent. Tracking down and removing all the power transformer hums in all the gear is another story!). So the units live in the machine room with the computer tower and the UPS. The remote is amazing and the jog wheel is fantastic. I also use the M7 plugin sometimes, but I tend to print my hardware reverbs as soon as I find the magic setting, which is much faster to find with the remote and the jog wheel. And just hold one of the "f" keys for second and the preset is saved in-case you have to reprint later.

Give Casey a break. His products blow everything else out of the water and the prices reflect that. He makes Ferrari reverbs that are much more reliable than the car. It's a good value. Bricasti customer service is about the best it gets and Casey cares deeply about what he makes. Nothing else can even come close to the depth of field of Clear Ambience, Worchester Hall, Europa, Caverns etc... I constantly try to find something that can ... every mix.
Old 1st April 2019
Gear Maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by BillSimpkins View Post
I own the blank front-panel version and the M10 remote because the fans on the M7 is too noisy for my control room (which is dead silent. Tracking down and removing all the power transformer hums in all the gear is another story!). .
Yeah! Moving mine to the machine room soon. V1 was quiet. Fan was never on! After the V2 upgrade . . . not so much!!! Things got noisy . . .
Old 1st April 2019
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by sweetmojo View Post
Yeah! Moving mine to the machine room soon. V1 was quiet. Fan was never on! After the V2 upgrade . . . not so much!!! Things got noisy . . .
Interesting.....I've not had a problem with noise in either version. But my Bricasti is one of the few pieces that does not live in a rack even though I have the hardware remote and software.
Old 1st April 2019
Gear Guru

My v.2 is stone quiet. Never even knew it had a fan if I had not read it.
Old 2nd April 2019
Gear Maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by drBill View Post
My v.2 is stone quiet. Never even knew it had a fan if I had not read it.
That is exactly how I felt . . . till version 2! And we're talking real noisy!!!
Old 2nd April 2019
Lives for gear

You should have your M7 looked at. Perhaps something happened when the upgrade was done?

There isn’t anything in V2 that will cause the M7 to run substantially louder.

-Casey
Old 2nd April 2019
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by sweetmojo View Post
That is exactly how I felt . . . till version 2! And we're talking real noisy!!!
I’ve had an M7 since when the first came out. It was quiet and over time the fan got louder. This happens with fans. It wasn’t from installing v2, it was just that I had been running it a lot for a long time. Last year I called Bricasti and bought a replacement fan... problem solved. Was affordable and super easy to replace.
Old 3rd April 2019
Gear Addict

Maybe this is the explanation:

"Our friends at iZotope have announced today the acquisition of the Exponential Audio product line which include the R4, PhoenixVerb Surround and Symphony to create..."
Old 3rd April 2019
Gear Addict

Deals Page | iZotope

Now we know, the iZotope-Company is the bad guy here in case of M7-control.
Old 3rd April 2019
Gear Head

Can't iZotope and Bricasti just attend a Red Sox game and work out a deal?
Old 3rd April 2019
Gear Maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by Casey View Post
You should have your M7 looked at. Perhaps something happened when the upgrade was done?

There isn’t anything in V2 that will cause the M7 to run substantially louder.

-Casey
Seemed very very smooth . . . what can I say? I will have it checked though. Thanks Casey.
Old 3rd April 2019
Gear Maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrSax View Post
I’ve had an M7 since when the first came out. It was quiet and over time the fan got louder. This happens with fans. It wasn’t from installing v2, it was just that I had been running it a lot for a long time. Last year I called Bricasti and bought a replacement fan... problem solved. Was affordable and super easy to replace.
I see what you're saying. Mine is not in an always on kind of situation here at the studio but still, it's been a while. Thanks for the tip!!!
Old 5th April 2019
Gear Maniac
Anyone got the installers (Mac and PC) for the latest version of the M7 Control plug-in?
Can't find download on Izotope site and Exponential site is down :(
Old 5th April 2019
Here for the gear

@ arvfur

If you contact iZotope customer support, they will send you the last versions available that was offered on the Exponential site before it was discontinued by Exponential earlier in the year.
Old 5th April 2019
Gear Maniac
Thanks. Will do that.
Old 5th April 2019
Lives for gear
I just found my M7 Control installer lurking on an external drive. Can anybody confirm that V_3.0.1 was the last one out the door?

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search