The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Bricasti M7 - version 3.0 Reverb/Delay Processors (HW)
Old 26th December 2018
I love v2. Looking foward to v3.
Would love to hear how its going - even if its delayed anotger year ....
Old 27th December 2018
Lives for gear
Quote:
Originally Posted by mahasandi View Post
I love v2. Looking foward to v3.
Would love to hear how its going - even if its delayed anotger year ....
I concur.... Once again the lack of updates make me kind of skeptical it is ever coming. I certainly hope I'm wrong.

Keep in mind, some version of the the above sentence is frequently treated as a thought crime by the fundamentalists in this forum.
Old 27th December 2018
Gear Nut

Hi Casey, thanks for your answer, I knew this possibility but it means buying an external midi interface which is :
- not the best solution when the home studio is already full.
- Increasing total price
- managing one more device daily

I will wait for the new product, hoping for something new at Namm 2019
Best
Old 27th December 2018
Quote:
Originally Posted by qslprod View Post
Hi Casey, thanks for your answer, I knew this possibility but it means buying an external midi interface which is :
- not the best solution when the home studio is already full.
- Increasing total price
- managing one more device daily

I will wait for the new product, hoping for something new at Namm 2019
Best

Some people also steer clear of Pro Tools because they hate the font Avid used on the front of the box.
Old 27th December 2018
Quote:
Originally Posted by LDStudios View Post
Some people also steer clear of Pro Tools because they hate the font Avid used on the front of the box.
I stayed clear because of the sonics.
Old 13th January 2019
Gear Head

Is the Bricasti Site down ?

Id like to know if i have the latest V2 update but the Bricasti.com site seems to be defunked ?
Old 13th January 2019
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rich Pell View Post
Id like to know if i have the latest V2 update but the Bricasti.com site seems to be defunked ?
Sorry the site is a little wonky today.

If you look through your preset banks and you see a “Halls 2” bank then you have V2. PM me if you need the V2 update.

-Casey
Old 14th January 2019
Gear Addict

Could M200 have Tremolo and Vibrato?

I am not overly impressed with pedals vs ie a Magnatone but the Bricasti M200 seems a capable platform for realism and tone.
Old 24th January 2019
Here for the gear

The Bricasti people should really consider releasing a multi effect unit kind of like an M7 but with the capabilities of a 480L something with everything from reverb to delay to chorus effects.
Old 24th January 2019
That's software. We have plenty of other boxes that do that stuff easily. Real reverb is for the M7.
Old 24th January 2019
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by vocals07 View Post
The Bricasti people should really consider releasing a multi effect unit kind of like an M7 but with the capabilities of a 480L something with everything from reverb to delay to chorus effects.
They are — it’s the upcoming (at some indeterminate date) M200 that’s been mentioned here. Not so much a reverb unit as I understand it, but a formidable multi-FX beast.
Old 24th January 2019
Here for the gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by sailor View Post
They are — it’s the upcoming (at some indeterminate date) M200 that’s been mentioned here. Not so much a reverb unit as I understand it, but a formidable multi-FX beast.
Wow that’s killer can’t wait.
Old 26th January 2019
Lives for gear

Just bought a Bricasti today. I plan on using it with the M7 control plugin via AES and committing verbs back into the session. I am mad excited to have a dedicated space machine on aux.
Old 29th January 2019
Lives for gear
Any update on when V3 going to be released? I've been reading this post for the past 4 years and checking the Bricasti site over that time. I have been in suspense since 2014 as I know the update will be amazing (even though V2 is totally amazing, more than satisfies my needs for a reverb, and I can live with it and still dream about the reverbs on V2).
Old 29th January 2019
Lives for gear

The computational requirements of the new algorithm are astounding. I finished the design 6 years ago. Since then the usual compute resource growth has just not materialized. I know Intel has done some new things but nowhere near enough.

FPGA is where the available compute resource has really advanced. Actually what is available is breathtaking. It is getting a big push from AI developers that need the available flexibility.

Realizing this we hired a consultant to move my design into FPGA land. It didn’t work out. So I am doing it myself. I used to do graphic chip design at HP so... well it’s as close to the metal as it gets and is slow going. But of course it is going.

So my answer stays the same. V3 is well over a year away. I can’t wait to hear it!

-Casey
Old 29th January 2019
Lives for gear

Old 29th January 2019
Gear Nut

Quote:
Originally Posted by Casey View Post
The computational requirements of the new algorithm are astounding. I finished the design 6 years ago. Since then the usual compute resource growth has just not materialized. I know Intel has done some new things but nowhere near enough.

FPGA is where the available compute resource has really advanced. Actually what is available is breathtaking. It is getting a big push from AI developers that need the available flexibility.

Realizing this we hired a consultant to move my design into FPGA land. It didn’t work out. So I am doing it myself. I used to do graphic chip design at HP so... well it’s as close to the metal as it gets and is slow going. But of course it is going.

So my answer stays the same. V3 is well over a year away. I can’t wait to hear it!

-Casey
For those not in the know, FPGA stands for "Frustratingly Prevents Gear Acquisition."
Old 30th January 2019
So V3 (whenever it comes) will be implemented with FPGA's instead of Intel processors. Damn, it's going to need an even bigger fan!
Old 30th January 2019
Lives for gear

Well, whenever it's ready, we'll be here. It's not like v2 is unusable or anything.

BTW, does this shift also impact the M200 development path?
Old 30th January 2019
Interesting that none of the current AD sharc chipsets can't deal with the data rates. I'm sure someone will figure out how to make a Pentium processor to emulate it in software. (Not going to happen kids, save yer $).
Old 30th January 2019
Lives for gear

I was lucky to find the Blackfin we used in the M7.

It is still better 10 years on than the best Sharc available today for what is needed by the M7 algorithm.

-Casey
Old 3rd February 2019
Gear Addict

I would be quite happy with M200s with up-gradable Blackfin. That or at least a tweak, or better yet, instructions, on running the M7 as dual mono for FX loops on amps. Today, under Audio Routing I see only three choices, 1) Stereo 2) Mono L 3) Mono R. Dual Mono, R to R and L to L would be nice.

Crazy talk but wish list, I would also like Mono to Stereo, Delay, Vibrato and Tremolo on the M200 and an option of stereo out to two amps. I would happily buy a Magnatone Dual Panoramic for the tube based analog vibrato and tremolo however, Magnatones are not built for acoustic guitar. I run a Rivera Sedona and can run two for stereo with an M7 reverb but, no delay, vibrato or tremolo. Pedals would "work" but I tried a Big Sky for reverb and was not satisfied when compared with an M7 after I plugged the M7 into the Sedona FX loop.

M7 and Sedona with all RCA NOS tubes filled the room with such a beautiful sound, that I could not distinguish between amped sound and the sweet acoustic sound of the Martin D-28E Retro. Aura + on A440 into the amp > FX loop to M7 on Mono L.
Old 11th February 2019
Quote:

-Casey
Casey you RULE!!!
Thanks for the update. Totally understandable, things go like this !
So excited to hear V3 too!!!!!!
Old 1 week ago
Gear Head
Quote:
I was lucky to find the Blackfin we used in the M7.

It is still better 10 years on than the best Sharc available today for what is needed by the M7 algorithm.

-Casey
Hi Casey,
I'd be very happy to have a chat with you personally. I bought an M7 V2.0 and I'm struggling to make it work with Apollo 8p interface via Adat. I'm converting Adat to Aesthetician's via an RME 4DD, very frustrating! Anyway, why don't you come to AES Europe someday? I'd be glad to meet you, reverbs are part of my life and really I can't get enough of them!
All the bests
Ale
Old 1 week ago
Lives for gear

Where can we find the m7 control? This link is not working and it doesn't seem to be available elsewhere..
Old 1 week ago
Lives for gear
From their store: M7Control is no longer available - bummer
Old 1 week ago
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by almaelectronix View Post
Where can we find the m7 control? This link is not working and it doesn't seem to be available elsewhere..
this is an excellent question. i use it heavily and don't recall hearing anything about it being discontinued, but apparently it has been.
Old 1 week ago
Lives for gear
Well Bricasti has to buy it then and sell it. Disaster without it now we are all used to it!!!!!
Old 1 week ago
Lives for gear

Ask your favorite plugin provider. I would be happy to work with them to pick this up.

Exponential has had an exclusive on this. Now that they have walked away from it, another company could have the same arrangement. I know that they have made a ton of sales, but they have other reasons.

Importantly, it’s all good between Michael (at Exponential) and I!

-Casey
Old 1 week ago
Lives for gear

Unfortunately, this is just poor customer service by Exponential - to do this without explanation. They could have emailed their customers and given a heads up beforehand. I’ve never owned a plugin license this “young” that has been discontinued. And it wasn’t a cheap plugin if memory serves me correctly. Not to mention that I redid placement of a lot of Outboard gear in my studio to accommodate this workflow. If I lose midi control of the M7 it will require a pretty big restructure here.

All that said, my Bricasti M7 is amazing. Thanks for an Incredible tool @Casey
Topic:

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search