The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 All  This Thread  Reviews  Gear Database  Gear for sale     Latest  Trending
Burl AD Bomber into Apogee rosetta via AES...HOW!?
Old 7th February 2014
Gear Nut

Burl AD Bomber into Apogee rosetta via AES...HOW!?

Yeah, I want to go from my Api 7800 into my Burl B2 Bomber and then from the burl back into the Rosetta 800 and record 2 tracks digitally.
I have the right aes-standard but I just can't work out a way to get the signal back into the Rosetta, which is playing on all analog outs at the same time.
I hate the rosettas front panel so if anyone can chime in I'd be SO grateful!

All the best

//Figge
Old 8th February 2014
You've left out describing some important interfacing components in your Digital Audio System.
So, I'm just gonna assume you have an X-Option Card in your Rosetta 800, and that's how you interface it with your DAW/Computer rig.

The Rosetta does not have a "Split Signal Path" as the AD/DA16x and Symphony's do,
The Rosetta 800 will only allow you to "swap" Analog I/O for Digital AES/EBU or Optical Channels.

Its all in the manual; I'd check it for you but [...sorry, Apogee's site is down right at this moment]

So, if you want to "swap" two channels, say 7/8, you can attach the Burl unit to AES/EBU inputs and then sync them together.

peace
a.j.b
Old 8th February 2014
Gear Nut

Hi doc and thx for your reply.
Yes,I missed the small important info that I use a symphony-x card. :-)
I have a manual and I STILL can't figure it out... I tried to do what I THINK it says but nope....:-/

I am so missing something...
I really need the analog outs to work at the same time as I get 2 aes/ebu in... Dang..

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doc Mixwell View Post
You've left out describing some important interfacing components in your Digital Audio System.
So, I'm just gonna assume you have an X-Option Card in your Rosetta 800, and that's how you interface it with your DAW/Computer rig.

The Rosetta does not have a "Split Signal Path" as the AD/DA16x and Symphony's do,
The Rosetta 800 will only allow you to "swap" Analog I/O for Digital AES/EBU or Optical Channels.

Its all in the manual; I'd check it for you but [...sorry, Apogee's site is down right at this moment]

So, if you want to "swap" two channels, say 7/8, you can attach the Burl unit to AES/EBU inputs and then sync them together.

peace
a.j.b
Old 2nd April 2014
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by figgebass View Post
Yeah, I want to go from my Api 7800 into my Burl B2 Bomber and then from the burl back into the Rosetta 800 and record 2 tracks digitally.
I have the right aes-standard but I just can't work out a way to get the signal back into the Rosetta, which is playing on all analog outs at the same time.
I hate the rosettas front panel so if anyone can chime in I'd be SO grateful!

All the best

//Figge
On a side note how do you like the b2 ad compared to the rosetta 800? I have a rosetta 200 and am looking to switch over to a b2 for adc.
Old 2nd April 2014
Lives for gear

I think I understand the problem - when you configure the Rosetta to receive AES/EBU in it changes the outputs to AES/EBU as well so everything is running AES/EBU?
Old 8th July 2014
Hate to bump this, but can you run both the 8 analog IO and the AES IO, or is it one or the other?
Old 8th July 2014
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by sam guaiana View Post
Hate to bump this, but can you run both the 8 analog IO and the AES IO, or is it one or the other?
The Rosetta 800 has an 8-channel architecture, so you only have 8x8 analog channels simultaneously. The AES I/O is for use in standalone operation (e.g. analog audio comes in, goes out AES). The newer Symphony I/O 8x8 has a 16-channel architecture, so you do have 8x8 Analog + 8x8 Digital simultaneously.
Old 8th July 2014
Gear Addict

side note
I believe the Rosetta 800 will not do AES in and out simultaneously as well if used as just an AES interface.

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search