The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Studer 963 Mixing Console Consoles
Old 14th April 2014
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by rekorder View Post
You're not the seller, are you?...

No, Funky Junk UK is.. I sold that console years ago and I don't have any benefit from that sale. Otherwise I'd have said so.. as always in my posts.
But I have some other stuff for sale in the classifieds.. and might sell my studer 169 and my revox 279 in the near future.. which are great as well, but I don't have any 963 for sale.

I'm wondering if it's still for sale..Actually I kinda regret selling it.. but I needed a different configuration and features.. so it had to go..

Cheu
Old 16th April 2014
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by rekorder View Post
??? Is this a pardox? "Clear (I think you mean the hype-parameter "clean"?) BUT High Quality"?

O.K. if you're more into Internet-Hype-Voodoo-Talk:
Go for some more crosstalk, distortion and noise - but really high quality...?! Sorry I forgot: Hum! And save lots of money! There's a german company that serves all these demands very well... And for Tape-Saturation you could use the cheapest-ever 4-track-Cassette-machine from the 80's and have the vintage-factor for free! And if you think the vocals through your Neumann just only sound like the vocals through your Neumann you can contact Klaus Heyne via PSW-forum and he will turn your boring Microphone - made by unknowing idiots - into a holy grail!

Another tip: Don't ever record, produce or listen! Rather more think of what could be right or wrong by only guessing and reading the web! You better compare Gear you never ever touched and ask people who have also never worked with that gear, but have heard others talk about it! Oh and I forgot to mention: The 963 makes use of Operational-Amplifiers - so it must sound.. hmm.... DIGITAL! Because it has IC's inside! Stay away!!

Sorry I think I'm a bit forum-tired...

Good night...

Dude.....I think your a touch.....Cranky this Evening!
Maybe have a snooze in your Cot and come back and play nicely another time. Don't think this play-date was meant to happen!
Have a nice....Sleep!
Old 16th April 2014
Gear Maniac

I own a smaller one. For 2500€ I would buy it.
Like many others posted, it's a great sounding desk. Maybe not for rock 'n roll but they're definitely good preamps, a solid desk!
Cheers,

F.
Old 28th April 2014
Gear Maniac

Meybe I sell it or trade it!
Old 28th April 2014
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by FLUKE View Post
Like many others posted, it's a great sounding desk. Maybe not for rock 'n roll but they're definitely good preamps, a solid desk!
Cheers,

F.
Old 28th April 2014
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by FLUKE View Post
Cheers,

F.
We do our fair share of rock of all shades at our place, and the Studer-tracked tracks have absolutely no problem holding their own next to those recorded through APIs or GreatRivers.
Old 25th June 2014
Here for the gear

Studer 963 in Vancouver

Hi,
just putting out this to see what type of interest there might be...
I have a nice little 963 (second owner)
8 mono channels with pre's
4 stereo inputs with eq (no pre's)
4 stereo inputs (no eq or pre's)
8 group outs
10 comp/limiters
patchbay
all xlr i/o
all lamps replaced with led's

Great sounding board. Quiet and super well built. This thing is an awesome centre piece in any room.
There are some maintenance things to stay on top of.... I'm just starting to re-cap and replace some aging components, but this thing is so well made that those jobs are a breeze. It comes with the excellent studer documentation and manuals.

I'm just toying with letting it go... i know i'll probably regret it if I do, but I'm looking at racking everything up as I'm doing more mobile and remote recording these days....

What do you all think.... anyone interested in a sale or some trades?
Attached Thumbnails
Studer 963 Mixing Console-studer-desk.jpg   Studer 963 Mixing Console-ricks-studer-963.jpg  
Old 26th June 2014
Gear Addict
Quote:
Originally Posted by Duplex One View Post
It is in Munich!
Do you think the preamps are good enough for recording vocals
or do you thin I should use an extra Preamp?
this question shows that you are not worth this desk ;-)

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search