The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Chandler Ltd Curve Bender and Tone Controls breaking down often... Single-Channel Preamps
Old 25th June 2014
Gear Head

I've had exactly the same issue with the ToneControl
Old 28th June 2014
Lives for gear

myself I have 2 sets of tone controls no problem had a channel go on a new TG2 but sent it to Chandler for quick fix, done
Old 2nd July 2014
Here for the gear

We gave Curve Bender and its the one of the most sturdiest units in our facilities. Sorry to hear about your hassle though
Old 3rd July 2014
Lives for gear

No problems here, Curvebender, Zener, TG2, TG Channel all killer!
Old 7th February 2015
Here for the gear

Hello Sblue, do you know any repair technician here in Sao Paulo BR? The Bass and Presence 2 of both channels at my Curve Bender are dead!
Thanks!

Plinio
[email protected]
Old 7th February 2015
Gear Nut

Quote:
Originally Posted by Plinio View Post
Hello Sblue, do you know any repair technician here in Sao Paulo BR? The Bass and Presence 2 of both channels at my Curve Bender are dead!
Thanks!

Plinio
phesse[email protected]
Nope. Unfortunately I don't, Plinio.
Send an email to Chandler Limited. Their cutomer support is fantastic, and they can point you out at the right direction.
Cheers!!!
Old 28th September 2016
mty
Here for the gear

Hello all fellow gear nuts

I'm glad I found this thread because I'm having the very same problem with my Curve Bender. I've had experienced quite a few inductors go bad recently.

I can't understand how something so expensive can break so quickly especially from a company as well renowned as Chandler.

I do however also have several other of their units (Zener, TG2, TG channel) that have always worked flawlessly.
Old 28th September 2016
Gear Head

So did Chandler ever correct that issue with the unreliable inductors??
Old 29th September 2016
Gear Head

I have an early Curve Bender (serial #054 ) that I bought new around 2007-8 with inductors labeled as manufactured in 2006. After a few incident free years, they started going bad and I just had to replace my 5th one today. If you read in earlier posts, Wade explained the problem as being with the original inductors being wound too tightly by the manufacturer but after Wade gave them a talking to, they have started winding them properly at some point. Only the old CBs would have this inductor problem and so far in my experience all at Chandler LTD have been the ABSOLUTE BEST in customer service EVERY SINGLE TIME I've ever had to contact them.
Old 1st October 2016
Gear Head

ToneControl issues here, too. Sections of my unit failed twice due to bad inductors, and both times I was charged parts/labor because of their faulty components.
Topic:

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search