Anyone know it ?

-S0nguy
Old 10th October 2006
Gear Maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by s0nguy View Post
Anyone know it ?

-S0nguy
I don't know it, but I'll bet it had something to do with the "irreconcilable differences" rap.
Old 10th October 2006
Lives for gear
I think I read somewhere that it is a U47 into an API 512 micpre.
Old 10th October 2006
Lives for gear

It sounds really smooth.... and the reverb is lush without getting in the way (prolly lexicon)...

Thanks for the tip... did anyone here work on the "When The Sun Goes Down" record?

-S0nguy
Old 10th October 2006
Lives for gear

i don't know either, but they really need to do a better job with the autotooooooon.

cheers,
wade
Old 11th October 2006
Lives for gear

Anybody know what they use on Tiny Tim?
Old 21st August 2012
Lives for gear

U47 > API 512 > LA2A.

Buddy Cannon, Tony Castle & Justin Niebank have done a great job on Kenny's records.
Old 21st August 2012
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by cinealta View Post
U47 > API 512 > LA2A.

Buddy Cannon, Tony Castle & Justin Niebank have done a great job on Kenny's records.
I can't believe that's all it is. I was hoping to see something at least a little unique. It's the same crap over and over again. u87>1073 or 251>v72 or u47>512 or 1073. I'm kinda over it. Why so many questions about Avedis or clones or anything else if the hit records just keep getting made with the same stuff? Idk, I know I sound like a troll right now, but it gets boring and old after a while. Are there any new records that sound great that don't use a 1073 or 512 for the vocals. Anyone at all using Mercury pres or Daking, Burl or Hardy still? Anything new, unique and refreshing at all?!?!?!
Old 21st August 2012
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slikjmuzik View Post
I can't believe that's all it is. I was hoping to see something at least a little unique. It's the same crap over and over again. u87>1073 or 251>v72 or u47>512 or 1073. I'm kinda over it. Why so many questions about Avedis or clones or anything else if the hit records just keep getting made with the same stuff? Idk, I know I sound like a troll right now, but it gets boring and old after a while. Are there any new records that sound great that don't use a 1073 or 512 for the vocals. Anyone at all using Mercury pres or Daking, Burl or Hardy still? Anything new, unique and refreshing at all?!?!?!
well, if it ain't broke... Besides, the only suckers using that new stuff are the suckers here on Gearslutz.

Now, that's how you troll!
Old 21st August 2012
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by wagz View Post
well, if it ain't broke... Besides, the only suckers using that new stuff are the suckers here on Gearslutz.

Haha, I'm sure you'll get some responses back for that one...lol
Old 22nd August 2012
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slikjmuzik View Post
Are there any new records that sound great that don't use a 1073 or 512 for the vocals. Anyone at all using Mercury pres or Daking, Burl or Hardy still? Anything new, unique and refreshing at all?!?!?!
Peter Gabriel's using a Flea 47 into a Millenia Media HV3 now.
Old 22nd August 2012
Lives for gear

Quote:
Peter Gabriel's using a Flea 47 into a Millenia Media HV3 now.
Those Flea's really seem to be holding their own. I keep going to their page and eyeing their m49.
Old 22nd August 2012
Lives for gear
"You and Tequila" - he used an SSL board to record as I heard/ remember in an interview.
Old 22nd August 2012
Lives for gear
Quote:
Originally Posted by wagz View Post

Ha! Funny!
Old 22nd August 2012
Am I the only one who finds his <ahem> vocal sound to be "unusual"? And how much auto-tune is used on it?
Old 22nd August 2012
Lives for gear

good to see my thread revived!

i still love his vocal sound.. but the mixing isnt doing it for me like it used to... his vocals sound smaller now.. they used to occupy a space..

as far as the gear... why fix it if it aint broken?
Old 23rd August 2012
Lives for gear

Kenny Chesney would sound great on an SM57
(did someone already say that?)
Old 23rd August 2012
Quote:
U47 > API 512 > LA2A.

That's what I saw on his latest documentary.
Old 23rd August 2012
Gear Nut

Quote:
Originally Posted by piano View Post
"You and Tequila" - he used an SSL board to record as I heard/ remember in an interview.
Hope this helps:
Old 23rd August 2012
Gear Nut

A Tuner is SOMEWHERE in that chain...
Old 23rd August 2012
Lives for gear

Attached Thumbnails
Kenny Chesney's Vocal Chain-kenny-chesney-u47.jpg  
Old 31st August 2012
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by s0nguy View Post
Anyone know it ?

-S0nguy
I've fortunately never listened to his voice long enough to even think about his vocal chain.
Old 31st August 2012
REX
Gear Maniac

I take it you never watched Broke Back Mountain.
Old 1st September 2012
Gear Head

Hey Guys, If you're wanting something new in Nashville, a bunch of us have been using the Barondaus MS 75 mic. Hard to find but what all the pros here are asking for. I remember using this years ago on the Dixie Chicks record "Wide Open Spaces". Sounds like nothing else. The one we had belonged to the rental company "Dreamhire Nashville" that went out of business not long after we made that record. It has resurfaced only recently. It's a German made mic and only a select few have one. I rent it for almost every master vocal I record. Amazing detail and yet can take a huge amount of volume. I think Chip Matthews is the guy in town to contact about it. He's the one that introduced it to me. Killer mic for sure! I always get one from him. I won't record without one.
Old 1st September 2012
I've never even heard of the Barondaus MS75. Is it still being made? Any information on the maker?
Old 1st September 2012
Lives for gear
It's spelled Behringer.

Old 1st September 2012
Gear Head

Quote:
Originally Posted by yotonic View Post
It's spelled Behringer.

Wow! Very funny. Still the punchline of tired old audio jokes. Next time try "that's what she said".
Old 1st September 2012
Gear Head

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ward Pike View Post
I've never even heard of the Barondaus MS75. Is it still being made? Any information on the maker?
I will get you some info about the Barondaus stuff. Ask anybody here in Nashvegas. It's in everybody's go to vox chain.
Old 6th July 2015
Lives for gear

I heard a Kenny Song and there was something snuck under the chorus vocals that made them sound metallic. I have heard that alot in country these days and would like to know what it is. Autotuned copies? vocorder maybe? redneck alien backup singers?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xX6Ta3K53HY

Chorus starts at about 1:07

Do tell.
Old 6th July 2015
Here for the gear

it sure is a great sound, whatever it is!

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search