The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
An 80's series Neve equivilent to CAPI "The Missing Link" Other Modular Audio Processors
Old 4th November 2014
  #31
Lives for gear
Quote:
Originally Posted by Geoff_T View Post
Hi

It appears they mounted the channel amps and routing units + faders in a custom frame of sorts...

http://www.warehousestudio.com/files...und/S4-web.jpg

Of course the is not class A but is a powerful beast, none the less.

I'm not sure what they are doing about bussing....

Something weird with their site using IE11... the pictures are huge but not scrollable... when I paste a link here, the picture is tiny.

Ah, I had not thought to download the image to see the desk. That thing is cool. So the 1883's are doing what exactly in that case?
Old 4th November 2014
  #32
Lives for gear
 
Geoff_T's Avatar
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by LobCity View Post
Ah, I had not thought to download the image to see the desk. That thing is cool. So the 1883's are doing what exactly in that case?
Hi

Presumably summing but you would have to email the studio for hard details... I'm just guessing.

Old 4th November 2014
  #33
Lives for gear
 
nickelironsteel's Avatar
 

I would be interested in the resistor network they came up with after the 1883 and before the 1272
Old 4th November 2014
  #34
Lives for gear
 
Geoff_T's Avatar
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by nickelironsteel View Post
I would be interested in the resistor network they came up with after the 1883 and before the 1272
Hi

Presume 15K but who knows?

heh
Old 4th November 2014
  #35
Lives for gear
 
Wiggy Neve Slut's Avatar
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by nickelironsteel View Post
found pics of a Neve 5004 desk, those must be the only ones left to be found.

what an amazing summing desk this must have been, all "roundcan" mainair 1066/1884.

didnt ever get better than this desk (imho).
Neve 8024..

Same config w 1089 and 2264e and 8 Aux sends.

Only a few ever made like the above.

That 5004 was for sale many years ago.. but can't seem to remember which broker it was.. might have been ANALOGJAPAN.COM... regardless that would be a dream setup.

Wonder where they are now?

Wiggy
Old 4th November 2014
  #36
Lives for gear
 
Lipps's Avatar
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by LobCity View Post
Perhaps a little off topic Geoff, but what's going on with this setup:
THE WAREHOUSE STUDIO

What are they doing with 10x 1883 bus modules?
I've been trying to figure out how to do something like this.
Old 4th November 2014
  #37
Lives for gear
 
Geoff_T's Avatar
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lipps View Post
I've been trying to figure out how to do something like this.
Hi

It's not rocket science but there are a few pitfalls that can bite your rear... for instance it's important always to go from a low impedance into a high impedance but the first BCM10's actually had a bus impedance greater than the primary impedance of the bus amp... around 1972 I changed the bus resistors to 6800 ohms to get around this. This also involved changing the resistors on the pan pots to maintain the -3dB law at centre.

This applies to mixes of around ten or below sources...

I wrote technical information sheets on how to calculate all this stuff while I was at Neve....

http://auroraaudio.net/forums/topic/...rmation-sheets
Old 5th November 2014
  #38
Lives for gear
 
Lipps's Avatar
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Geoff_T View Post
Hi

It's not rocket science but there are a few pitfalls that can bite your rear... for instance it's important always to go from a low impedance into a high impedance but the first BCM10's actually had a bus impedance greater than the primary impedance of the bus amp... around 1972 I changed the bus resistors to 6800 ohms to get around this. This also involved changing the resistors on the pan pots to maintain the -3dB law at centre.

This applies to mixes of around ten or below sources...

I wrote technical information sheets on how to calculate all this stuff while I was at Neve....

http://auroraaudio.net/forums/topic/...rmation-sheets
Thanks Geoff.

I've gotta get a plan together.
Post Reply

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.


 
 
Slide to join now Processing…
Thread Tools
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Forum Jump
Forum Jump