Old 9th December 2013
Gear Nut

Help with pricing X-Rack

I have a 5 year old SSL X-Rack loaded with
(2) XR621 mic/inst pre
(2) XR625 eq
(2) XR618 dynamics
(1) XR626 G Series Bus Comp

I paid $9800 for it and am only selling as I loved it so much I bought AWS 948.

I have never sold my gear before. What is a reasonable asking price, and is ebay my best bet for selling? I've bought plenty of gear on Ebay but the seller fees look excessive.

Any thoughts would be appreciated.

Also, I am looking to get SM25 monitors and would also be selling my Adam S3As Any thoughts?
Old 14th December 2013
Lives for gear

If you are trying to sell it as a complete unit you should figure on getting $450 per module other than bus comp, $1500 for the bus comp and $600 for the rack. If you are parting everything out separately, $500 per module, $1700 for the bus comp, $700 for the rack. Here, craigslist and ebay are your best bets. Good luck!
Old 14th December 2013
Do yourself a favor and do a search through the ebay advanced search for sold "x-rack" items. This will give you an idea of the current price range for your items. The last post prices are pretty close. Parting items out separately will give you the best profit. Selling on ebay does have fee's but you also can ask more money because there is a wider audience.

I personally prefer to put my items up for a buy it now price. Many buyers prefer a b.i.n. if the price is right over the hassle of a auction.

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search