The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Barefoot AES input
Old 6th December 2013
Barefoot AES input

Hi,
I'm looking at upgrading to a pair of Barefoot mm35 gen2, and I want to know if it's possible, for example, to use some of the ouputs of my lynx AESe directly into those speakers?

If yes, how do you control the volume? Just internally? Is it safe?

Thank you.
Old 6th December 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by findingtheSound View Post
Hi,
I'm looking at upgrading to a pair of Barefoot mm35 gen2, and I want to know if it's possible, for example, to use some of the ouputs of my lynx AESe directly into those speakers?

If yes, how do you control the volume? Just internally? Is it safe?

Thank you.
Your going to need some gain control before the speaker. I have my Genelec 8240As plugged directly into my Lynx Auroras Via AES but i do have digital volume control via Genelec GLM before the speaker. Converter directly to speakers is a dangerous game. You'll blow out the speaker or your ear
Old 9th December 2013
Do you think an apogee quartet would fit the bill?
I'm looking at downgrading in size from my Lynx aurora 16 + ssl master modul in a mynx, and get back a bit of money to make the jump to the MM35.

Would I loose too much using the AES from the Quartet to the Barefoot vs Aurora+master module->analog in of MM35?
Good move?
Old 9th December 2013
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by findingtheSound View Post
Do you think an apogee quartet would fit the bill?
I'm looking at downgrading in size from my Lynx aurora 16 + ssl master modul in a mynx, and get back a bit of money to make the jump to the MM35.

Would I loose too much using the AES from the Quartet to the Barefoot vs Aurora+master module->analog in of MM35?
Good move?
Don't think the Quartet has any digital outs, not even adat.

Just go analogue.
Old 9th December 2013
Damn you're right; Don't know how I come with that idea!

So, how much of a drop in quality would it be if using the quartet in place of the aurora?
Would you do it to be able to go from ns10 to mm35?
Topic:

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search