The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Burl B2 Bombers VS Antelope Audio Eclipse converters ,best sonic quality total value?
Old 13th December 2013
Lives for gear

What's REALLY urking me is all of my posts that were deleted by Mods that were challenging nms/proving nms had no idea what he was talking about pages ago. I never said anything foul or hurtful. I was simply trying to prove a point and the Mods wouldn't let me see it through. I don't wanna say I told you so, but...oh wait, I kinda do

At least nms finally proved my point for me, and I didn't even have argue with him!

The guy obviously has no ears and doesn't even understand the very tests he uses to preach the gospel of the Hilo.

Anyway guys, lets move on and actually share some REAL knowledge and wisdom.
Old 13th December 2013
nms
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by RoundBadge View Post
yep,everyone's just thrilled w/your awesome test. lol.
.. makin' friends and influencing people.
Apologies, did I come off as if I was in this thread to make friends? I meant to come across as challenging biased opinions & gear snobbery and seeing what happens when it comes down to ears rather than mouths. It went the way all my other experiences with the Hilo went though which is why I've kept it.

The uproar over the omission of an original in those files is really something. Can't say I'm too impressed with the high end forum vibe. This is why I usually just stick to the mastering forum for blind tests. Not that any area of this site is free of bias, egos, brand expectation, or gear snobbery, but this is a bit shameful IMO.

Steph didn't mind last time I included a curve ball. I guess it's all good as long as you like the results and don't totally contradict yourself hey? You guys all know that if Hilo was the least voted here nobody would be up in arms about none of them being the original, right? Just making sure.
Old 13th December 2013
Lives for gear

nms: I hope Lynx pay you well for all lobbing activity you do, you certainly deserve it. You are doing a good job.
Old 13th December 2013
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by nms View Post
Apologies, did I come off as if I was in this thread to make friends? I meant to come across as challenging biased opinions & gear snobbery and seeing what happens when it comes down to ears rather than mouths. It went the way all my other experiences with the Hilo went though which is why I've kept it.

The uproar over the omission of an original in those files is really something. Can't say I'm too impressed with the high end forum vibe. This is why I usually just stick to the mastering forum for blind tests. Not that any area of this site is free of bias, egos, brand expectation, or gear snobbery, but this is a bit shameful IMO.

Steph didn't mind last time I included a curve ball. I guess it's all good as long as you like the results and don't contradict yourself. You guys all know that if Hilo was the least voted here nobody would be up in arms about none of them being the original, right? Just making sure.
At this point I have to assume you just aren't reading my posts. I guess this is what the ignore list is for.
Old 13th December 2013
Lives for gear

Quote:

Steph didn't mind last time I included a curve ball. I guess it's all good as long as you like the results and don't totally contradict yourself hey? You guys all know that if Hilo was the least voted here nobody would be up in arms about none of them being the original, right? Just making sure.
Man, you're a piece of work. Have you seriously not read a SINGLE post either Steph I have written clearly explaining why you are still wrong? Or are you just to slow to get it?

Does your pay check from Lynx go up every time you post? I'd like to hope you're at least getting some compensation for making a fool out of yourself
Old 13th December 2013
nms
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by shelterr View Post
I've never heard the Hilo. And you are exactly correct in your assessment of how I came to my conclusion. How does he not understand this?
Uh.. wtf? You're telling me that in all your anti-Hilo talk.. you've never heard the Hilo?? Wow man. So I guess it's more about you not liking all the praise the unit has been getting for something which doesn't cost $8k?
It's not rocket science that digital technology gets outdated over time.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Immersion View Post
without a reference point your test is totally worthless.
Here you go. I suppose now you can explain how this changes anything?

Would anyone here like to explain how this file changes what you heard?
Attached Files

Original_Neville_Clip.wav (4.87 MB, 784 views)

Old 13th December 2013
nms
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by spencerc View Post
Man, you're a piece of work. Have you seriously not read a SINGLE post either Steph I have written clearly explaining..
I'm not interested in hearing anyone backpeddle after the fact. Steph had his chance and he was the most sure person who voted. It's there in black and white. He voted Hilo with no uncertainty as being the one that exhibited qualities he'd expect from an original.. and that would be the one that's cleanest.
Quote:
Does your pay check from Lynx go up every time you post? I'd like to hope you're at least getting some compensation for making a fool out of yourself
Who's the fool here? The majority vote and test in general went exactly how I thought it would. Steph was the icing on the cake hands down though.

Like every other time you felt insecure and falsely (as someone tried to point out to you) accused me of working for Lynx, nothing I have said here is based on anything other than RESULTS. I don't need to work for Lynx to side with results over some biased gear snobs who can't even take a blind test without getting all sore about it. That's just logic & common sense dude. You have the weaker end of the argument largely due to lack of tangible evidence to support it. I love to challenge people who are certain I'm wrong. It's often the best way to find out if you are or not. I don't give a **** what brand logo is on the front of my converter if it performs.

I'm just a guy who continues to stand behind the results of the tests I've done to date which coincide with my experiences 100%. Yes, MEASURABLE results that coincide with blind listening tests.

Who needs a bribe to do that? I'm always up for challenging my convictions and I sure as hell wouldn't have had a tantrum and started insulting people if nobody here chose the Hilo.
Old 13th December 2013
Lives for gear

It's nice not seeing nms's posts. I've actually never used the ignore list before. I must say, it's alright!
Old 13th December 2013
Lives for gear

Quote:
Uh.. wtf? You're telling me that in all your anti-Hilo talk.. you've never heard the Hilo?? Wow man. So I guess it's more about you not liking all the praise the unit has been getting for something which doesn't cost $8k?
It's not rocket science that digital technology gets outdated over time.
Here you go. I suppose now you can explain how this changes anything?

Would anyone here like to explain how this file changes what you heard?
if this is the original then the difference between the original and Hilo and Mytek are absolutely astronomical I hear a huge difference anyways..just focus your ears on the hi hat... Well I have no trust for yout tests and mind games any more I am just saying that according to the original all 3 converters did a quite terrible job a big room for improvement.
Old 13th December 2013
Quote:
I'm not interested in hearing anyone backpeddle after the fact. Steph had his chance and he was the most sure person who voted. It's there in black and white. He voted Hilo with no uncertainty as being the one that exhibited qualities he'd expect from an original.. and that would be the one that's cleanest.
Who's the fool here? The majority vote and test in general went exactly how I thought it would. Steph was the icing on the cake hands down though.

[snip]

I'm just a guy who continues to stand behind the results of the tests I've done to date which coincide with my experiences 100%. Yes, MEASURABLE results that coincide with blind listening tests.

Who needs a bribe to do that? I'm always up for challenging my convictions and I sure as hell wouldn't have had a tantrum and started insulting people if nobody here chose the Hilo.
Hang on. The point is that Steph didn't vote Hilo as being the one closest to the original sound. He voted the Hilo as being the one closest the file you pretended was original but was actually a Metric Halo. So all that it shows is that the Hilo is closest to the Halo.

The premise of the test was flawed. This thread is closed.
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search