The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
API 1608 mix workflow 500 Series EQ\'s
Old 30th November 2013
Gear Addict

API 1608 mix workflow

Hello 1608ers. I'm about a month away from finishing tracking my first album on a 1608 and starting to mix. I've been using a big crazy multi passive summing bus rig I've assembled over the last couple years and I'm going to utilize a few passive busses with the 1608.
I'm really curious if anyone else is doing a summing mixer/hybrid/console best of both worlds kind of thing.
I'm also really eager to have an open dialogue with other people about using the 1608 to its fullest potential.
I know there's a big handful of folks here that own and use the console.
Talk to me gang! Tell me about your bussing flow and using the aux ins in the returns and combining outside sources on the ACA busses, parallel processing...the whole enchilada.
Where are your 2 bus meters when you feel the console really coming to life?
As far as my tracking roughs and various quick working mixes so far, I'm finding this little baby really gets nasty (in the good way) when the meters start to get buried. It just sounds more alive when it's really driven.
Am I crazy? Do you agree? Am I a punter?
Give it to me!!

Thanks yall
Old 30th November 2013
Lives for gear

I own a similar console and I'm getting used to it now / redoing the patch bay.

But my goal is to use template sessions in PT HD Native to feed the console (Yamaha PM2000) using both plugins and hardware inserts, as well as outboard FX and AUX sends used as FX sends in the box.

Also...very nearly all of the hardware compressors I've bought so far, as well as those I'm looking to buy in the future have built in parallel compression. I've decided that helps since I'm not quite a large format desk at 32 channels. This way I don't have to waste additional analog channel strips on parallel compression when mixing. Though if I do some in the box before stemming out to the desk that's fine too. As for pushing the volume...I think the whole point is to be able to drive things to the edge to get a bit more Total Harmonic Distortion.
Old 1st December 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by noah90210 View Post
Hello 1608ers. I'm about a month away from finishing tracking my first album on a 1608 and starting to mix. I've been using a big crazy multi passive summing bus rig I've assembled over the last couple years and I'm going to utilize a few passive busses with the 1608.
I'm really curious if anyone else is doing a summing mixer/hybrid/console best of both worlds kind of thing.
I'm also really eager to have an open dialogue with other people about using the 1608 to its fullest potential.
I know there's a big handful of folks here that own and use the console.
Talk to me gang! Tell me about your bussing flow and using the aux ins in the returns and combining outside sources on the ACA busses, parallel processing...the whole enchilada.
Where are your 2 bus meters when you feel the console really coming to life?
As far as my tracking roughs and various quick working mixes so far, I'm finding this little baby really gets nasty (in the good way) when the meters start to get buried. It just sounds more alive when it's really driven.
Am I crazy? Do you agree? Am I a punter?
Give it to me!!

Thanks yall
Hey Noah!
I don't have a 1608 in my studio, but I've configured more than few setups for clients.

If I were in your shoes, I would have every I/O splayed out on patch bay arrays, and then freely move the gear around in any direction. This is like a first priority for me. Takes a lotta work to get everything seamlessly connected but it's worth it in the long haul.

I might half normal the DA Converter outputs to the Channel Line Inputs. This would give you as many split's as you have channels. That would be very helpful. I personally would want all external mic amps in separate 500 frame, and would want all processing gear in the console bucket. I would maybe half normal direct output of the 1608's mic amps to AD converters. As you can send those two places at once. Everything else would be fairly straight forward with outboard gear and effects units.

With all your different summing buses, you can decide which sub-groups to use and where. This is where the "parallel processing" world would be for me with compression and other dynamic effects. No rules really. With all your summing rails, you might use one for effects to a pair of faders. I actually really like doing that. Then you have tons of space on the desk. AND you have the 1608's AUX returns for more effects or whatever. Most of the time, I would put "parallel" stuff back into the channel faders, [maybe use the patch bay split] but you can also handle your parallel stuff with any of the summing rails too. Why not!? Seems like you have more than you need. This is a pre-requisite to owning a degree at Gearslutz.com

Anyway, the Aux Returns are where most return their time based effects. This is where I would patch delays, reverbs etc. Probably would patch the units I use for both tracking and mixing. So it can stay planted. Anything else would hit the summing rails. Depends how you to want to mix. Which by the way, doesn't distort until you reach the threshold of pain in human hearing. Might as well disconnect those VU's meters. With a console like the 1608, the headroom is very much more than adequate and when driving it will supply a specific character trait.

Using the Bus outputs will always be useful for a ton of stuff. More summing? Why Not!? So I suppose I would want, Drum-Bass-Elec-Synth-Vox/BckVox-Effects all on separate summing rails hitting two channels for final balance in the mix. I typically separate things out a lot. This kills because you can "coddle" the stems to your liking with the separate summing colors. Then just balance the faders in the mix.

At that point, you can add global effects to the stems with the Auxes, but you might want things more separated at the desk for routing to aux effects. Just sub-mix all the extra tracks. Guess it all depends on how dense your mix gets, but if you keep the signal flow train running, you can see the types of possible options you have to choose from! Endless!
Old 1st December 2013
Gear Addict

Thank you gents!
My question is really about application. I'm hoping to get a "tricks and tips" kind of thread going! Should I change the title?
Anyway...that's a great post adam.
The bay is wired like you described and the buckets are loaded with comp and EQ.
So far on my rough tracking mixes I am pushing the meters flat on the pins and that's where the console starts to really feel alive. Is that your experience too Adam? I'm not worried about headroom but more trying to find where other users hear the "sweet spot" or if you feel like you can get this thing to "bend". I've been driving it pretty hard and pulling back the master fader so I don't overload the A/D going back in. The JCF Latte no like overload.
Did you ever find a sweet spot Adam? A place you felt like you were getting a little something for nothing?
I do a lot of multing and parallel with drums so I'm thinking I'll end up using the first 8 or so channels for drums alone and land other pre/summed groups on 9 - 14 and leave a couple channels for lead vox and vox multing. I figure I'll use the ACA group knobs to balance some sub groups and the bus additional input to blend some of my summing rails with stuff that's already on the console, as well as send ing some groups to faders and stuff.
It really seems like there's a ton of options for routing and I'd love to hear from some guys that are working day in and day out on a 1608. Hoping Mark Allan Goodman and Roundbadge catch this thread and post up some wisdom.

I'll post tricks and tips as I find them.

BTW: I was able to use the console to track the band live, provide headphone mixes, run a PA for the singer (who didn't want to use phones) and a PA that was beefing up the drums in the drum room. I read a few posts where people complained about the 1608 tracking flexibility. Not a problem here. It took a bit of thought and patching but it wasn't limiting us and this was a big, complicated tracking set up in multiple rooms. If anyone wants the lowdown on how we routed it just ask me here and I'll post a description.

Thanks again guys!
Adam, you flat out rule. I'd be lost without you.
Long live The DSP Doctor!!
Old 1st December 2013
Gear Maniac

Hi,
I'm using the 1608 together with a Studer sidecar. The Echo returns get used as extra PT inputs and the master output of the Studer.
A real contra on the 1608 is the fact that there are no inserts on the busses, that to me is a real bummer...
I use the busses as a (parallel) send. I don't normally check the VU meter on the master output , because I listen to the mix through the 2tr inputs. So it could be that the meters are slammed ,but I'm not sure. Just know it sounds great.
Things will change though because in a couple of weeks we'll have the 16 channel extension for the 1608. I don't know if the Studer will stay in the setup.

Cheers,
F.
Old 1st December 2013
Gear Addict

I
Quote:
Originally Posted by FLUKE View Post
Hi,
I'm using the 1608 together with a Studer sidecar. The Echo returns get used as extra PT inputs and the master output of the Studer.
A real contra on the 1608 is the fact that there are no inserts on the busses, that to me is a real bummer...
I use the busses as a (parallel) send. I don't normally check the VU meter on the master output , because I listen to the mix through the 2tr inputs. So it could be that the meters are slammed ,but I'm not sure. Just know it sounds great.
Things will change though because in a couple of weeks we'll have the 16 channel extension for the 1608. I don't know if the Studer will stay in the setup.

Cheers,
F.
Thank you!
I'm hoping you'll check back in here! I'd love it if we could turn this thread in to a 1608 tricks and tips/workflow archive.

I agree 100% on the busses lacking inserts. Big bummer for me and I think a crucial oversight. I've even daydreamed of commissioning a mod for it. Just a daydream tho! (Are you listening Adam?)
Old 2nd December 2013
Gear Nut

It's a pretty straight ahead desk__ I don't like running the mix bus hot on my Legacy -- Are tgese desks different sounding on the mix bus?
Old 2nd December 2013
I have a 32 channel 1608 here. i mainly track though. I tend to mix hybrid with hardware inserts and then stem out for summing rather than laying it all out on the desk and mixing entirely otb. I find it both quicker to deal with and easier for recalls while I don't feel that I lose much if anything in terms of sonics.

My tracking set up is pretty simple: I come out post-fader before hitting protools so that I can determine what level of saturation I want without hitting the converters too hot. I have a Hearback system hanging on the aux sends.
Old 2nd December 2013
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnkuker View Post
It's a pretty straight ahead desk__ I don't like running the mix bus hot on my Legacy -- Are tgese desks different sounding on the mix bus?
I've always felt this with api desks.
Old 2nd December 2013
Quote:
Thank you gents!
My question is really about application. I'm hoping to get a "tricks and tips" kind of thread going! Should I change the title?
Anyway...that's a great post adam.
The bay is wired like you described and the buckets are loaded with comp and EQ.
So far on my rough tracking mixes I am pushing the meters flat on the pins and that's where the console starts to really feel alive. Is that your experience too Adam? I'm not worried about headroom but more trying to find where other users hear the "sweet spot" or if you feel like you can get this thing to "bend". I've been driving it pretty hard and pulling back the master fader so I don't overload the A/D going back in. The JCF Latte no like overload.
Did you ever find a sweet spot Adam? A place you felt like you were getting a little something for nothing?
Happy to try and help Noah!

Pretty sure I have heard in passing that the API 1608 console has near 150 DB SPL headroom at the master bus. It won't unmusically distort at commercial levels. When you push the desk hard, it saturates because of all the amplifiers/transformers inside it. There's that old saying..."You ain't rippen, unless you're clipping!" HA! ..well no.

Over the years I have found that every single piece of analog gear has a different "sweet spot". It is so varying still...that two people might not even agree what that means on the same gear. However, I have come to understand that sweet spot on most all analog gear as 0VU, in a universal kinda way. This is where the gear is most optimal! I know there is TONS of headroom above 0VU on MOST high end gear, and obviously it all saturates differently.

But I have found that it's OK to let the VU Needles, FLOAT over 0VU, with the occasional peak transient, without issues. While it might sound good buried into the red, the next device has to have even more headroom to accommodate the levels you are putting out. Maybe you just need a 2500 patched in! Hmmm!!?? IME; In the high end, headroom isn't much of a problem and I tend to "leave it alone" in the system wide. I mean, even a 512C has like 18 db of headroom over RED. But people like distortion, so there you have it. You like how the desk sounds when you push it hard. There it is.

I tend to use the VU meters, and relax because I am using the gear, and will get something out of it anyway. The VU doesn't show RMS density, so other metering might be employed to see where you are better. Like a pair of Dorrough 40-A Loudness Meters. I don't usually like pushing things harder. That's just me. I would tend to think if you want to run voltage way over 0VU on the console, then you need some help with a Limiter before the next piece of gear in line.

Regarding the JCF Latte AD, it's only minimal circuitry in there so best not to push it harder. Also, you might want to leave some room on your master bus for mastering processing. Coming back out through the Latte DA to master is AMAZING. That's what I would do, because that's my favorite part of the Latte. I know mastering engineers say it doesn't matter what levels you give them on a final print, but I think it does. When a decently printed mix get's compressed and limited you can hear much more lower level detail from your mix. So I say, let the console do it's thing! Though maybe a helpful task would be to use all the digital headroom you can by aligning the AD's input trims to the lowest setting.

Just kinda sounds to me like you need some high threshold peak limiter patched in!
Old 3rd December 2013
Gear Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doc Mixwell View Post
Happy to try and help Noah!

Pretty sure I have heard in passing that the API 1608 console has near 150 DB SPL headroom at the master bus. It won't unmusically distort at commercial levels. When you push the desk hard, it saturates because of all the amplifiers/transformers inside it. There's that old saying..."You ain't rippen, unless you're clipping!" HA! ..well no.

Over the years I have found that every single piece of analog gear has a different "sweet spot". It is so varying still...that two people might not even agree what that means on the same gear. However, I have come to understand that sweet spot on most all analog gear as 0VU, in a universal kinda way. This is where the gear is most optimal! I know there is TONS of headroom above 0VU on MOST high end gear, and obviously it all saturates differently.

But I have found that it's OK to let the VU Needles, FLOAT over 0VU, with the occasional peak transient, without issues. While it might sound good buried into the red, the next device has to have even more headroom to accommodate the levels you are putting out. Maybe you just need a 2500 patched in! Hmmm!!?? IME; In the high end, headroom isn't much of a problem and I tend to "leave it alone" in the system wide. I mean, even a 512C has like 18 db of headroom over RED. But people like distortion, so there you have it. You like how the desk sounds when you push it hard. There it is.

I tend to use the VU meters, and relax because I am using the gear, and will get something out of it anyway. The VU doesn't show RMS density, so other metering might be employed to see where you are better. Like a pair of Dorrough 40-A Loudness Meters. I don't usually like pushing things harder. That's just me. I would tend to think if you want to run voltage way over 0VU on the console, then you need some help with a Limiter before the next piece of gear in line.

Regarding the JCF Latte AD, it's only minimal circuitry in there so best not to push it harder. Also, you might want to leave some room on your master bus for mastering processing. Coming back out through the Latte DA to master is AMAZING. That's what I would do, because that's my favorite part of the Latte. I know mastering engineers say it doesn't matter what levels you give them on a final print, but I think it does. When a decently printed mix get's compressed and limited you can hear much more lower level detail from your mix. So I say, let the console do it's thing! Though maybe a helpful task would be to use all the digital headroom you can by aligning the AD's input trims to the lowest setting.

Just kinda sounds to me like you need some high threshold peak limiter patched in!
Well you know I have a few nice compressors I use for buss work Adam but I'm always open to suggestion from the Doc...
Which high threshold limiter would you strap across the 1608 2 banger?
Old 3rd December 2013
Gear Guru

Johns right,its pretty straight forward.
I have a 1608 usually running comp/saturation/eq[Zener,Neve,1176,160's levelors etc] combos on all 8 busses.
outboard insert on individual ch's at pre out/eq return patch points[usually pre eq comps]usually NOT eq insert in/out.
aux rtn 7/8 take the 2 buss of my Tonelux 24 ch rig.
auxes either normalled to outboard emt/Bricasti ,AKG verbs.
sometimes separate PT aux outs to verbs for automation.
often print verb returns back into PT for auto
shadow hills MS or 2500 followed by Pultec or GML eq on 2B inserts[switch good for quick A/B'ing].
extra 8 slots usually extra pre'' when tracking[CAPI.etc] the swap to comps[BAC 500 etc] when mixing..I need a 10 spacer.
buss a lot of stuff to single tracks when tracking like kick and subkick,snare over under,multi mic amps etc.
Firlotte 600 opamps on mixbuss and CR mon.
more headroom/width/depth than stock..you can hit it a lot harder and it doesnt overcompress or collapse...plenty of gain to your print mix/return AD
also plugs,Echoboy,Decap,Metric Ch strip,DMG,Waves etc.
Old 3rd December 2013
Gear Guru

Quote:
Maybe you just need a 2500 patched in! Hmmm!!??
its funny Adam I've never really been freaked out by the 2500 on the 2 mix.
yet this past two weeks my SH has been acting funny so I've forced myself to really 'Figure it out".
on my setup:between hitting the parallel stuff and Burl AD,the 2500 needles just barely moving is doing A LOT.
feels like just the right amount of leveling and glue.starting to like it.gonna try some red dots asap
Old 3rd December 2013
Lives for gear

Quote:
Pretty sure I have heard in passing that the API 1608 console has near 150 DB SPL headroom at the master bus.
!? Headroom expressed in dB SPL doesn't make any sense to me.
I think you just wanted to say 'a lot' but it didn't sound fancy enough..
Old 3rd December 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by kosmokrator View Post
!? Headroom expressed in dB SPL doesn't make any sense to me.
I think you just wanted to say 'a lot' but it didn't sound fancy enough..
your right, was not entirely caffeinated there....should have just said...a lot...

1608 mix bus clips at +28 dBu
+4dBu nominal so there is +24 dBu headroom above 0VU.

@noah, sent you an email!
@RB, I knew there was a reason you held onto that glue machine.

When you get a chance, try patching one mono track into the other side, while on Feedback mode. Drum Room Mic, or Bass Amp, or Vocal. It will punch you in the face with exploding compression character. But I leave it on the most insignificant setting on the mix bus and it's great for me. I love it's sound,
Old 3rd December 2013
Gear Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by RoundBadge View Post
Johns right,its pretty straight forward.
I have a 1608 usually running comp/saturation/eq[Zener,Neve,1176,160's levelors etc] combos on all 8 busses.
outboard insert on individual ch's at pre out/eq return patch points[usually pre eq comps]usually NOT eq insert in/out.
aux rtn 7/8 take the 2 buss of my Tonelux 24 ch rig.
auxes either normalled to outboard emt/Bricasti ,AKG verbs.
sometimes separate PT aux outs to verbs for automation.
often print verb returns back into PT for auto
shadow hills MS or 2500 followed by Pultec or GML eq on 2B inserts[switch good for quick A/B'ing].
extra 8 slots usually extra pre'' when tracking[CAPI.etc] the swap to comps[BAC 500 etc] when mixing..I need a 10 spacer.
buss a lot of stuff to single tracks when tracking like kick and subkick,snare over under,multi mic amps etc.
Firlotte 600 opamps on mixbuss and CR mon.
more headroom/width/depth than stock..you can hit it a lot harder and it doesnt overcompress or collapse...plenty of gain to your print mix/return AD
also plugs,Echoboy,Decap,Metric Ch strip,DMG,Waves etc.
Thanks Roundbadge, I was hoping you'd jump in on this thread. I hope you don't mind a few questions...
Where do you land the returns of your 8 ACA busses after the comp/sat/EQ?
I assume your routing on individual channels (pre out/EQ in) is a tracking set up. Is it because you want EQ post compression or because you prefer the sound over the insert I/O sound?
I've read some about people installing other op amps in the console. Is it a simple job? Are they socketed? Do you have any red dots or anything installed on channels or only on 2 bus and monitor sections? Did you do all the install yourself?

This is the kind of info exchange I was hoping to get started!

Thanks so much.
Old 3rd December 2013
Gear Addict

Quote:
your right, was not entirely caffeinated there....should have just said...a lot...

1608 mix bus clips at +28 dBu
+4dBu nominal so there is +24 dBu headroom above 0VU.

@noah, sent you an email!
@RB, I knew there was a reason you held onto that glue machine.

When you get a chance, try patching one mono track into the other side, while on Feedback mode. Drum Room Mic, or Bass Amp, or Vocal. It will punch you in the face with exploding compression character. But I leave it on the most insignificant setting on the mix bus and it's great for me. I love it's sound,
Thanks Adam
Old 6th December 2013
Gear Addict

Quote:
gonna try some red dots asap
Off topic, but I've got red dots in mine. It's been a while since I put them in, but when I did I did a before/after a/b on the same mix and I thought the red dots opened up top a bit and cleared up the low mids a titch, which improved it for 2buss imo. Small increments though.
Old 6th December 2013
Gear Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tim Abraham View Post
Off topic, but I've got red dots in mine. It's been a while since I put them in, but when I did I did a before/after a/b on the same mix and I thought the red dots opened up top a bit and cleared up the low mids a titch, which improved it for 2buss imo. Small increments though.
Yeah I'm not expecting anything drastic but a little more air on top would be a good thing.
It's already got plenty of vibe.
Gonna try some Firlotte VF600's too,sound good on the 1608.
Old 8th December 2013
Gear Maniac

Quote:
Thanks Roundbadge, I was hoping you'd jump in on this thread. I hope you don't mind a few questions...
Where do you land the returns of your 8 ACA busses after the comp/sat/EQ?
I assume your routing on individual channels (pre out/EQ in) is a tracking set up. Is it because you want EQ post compression or because you prefer the sound over the insert I/O sound?
I've read some about people installing other op amps in the console. Is it a simple job? Are they socketed? Do you have any red dots or anything installed on channels or only on 2 bus and monitor sections? Did you do all the install yourself?

This is the kind of info exchange I was hoping to get started!

Thanks so much.
Yeah Roundbadge,
Where do your buss outputs go to? Stems into PT? I guess not because you're using the 2buss too...
Cheers,
F.
Old 9th December 2013
Gear Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by FLUKE View Post
Yeah Roundbadge,
Where do your buss outputs go to? Stems into PT? I guess not because you're using the 2buss too...
Cheers,
F.
everything bussed within the console.2 buss final mix print.
Old 9th December 2013
Gear Addict

Quote:
everything bussed within the console.2 buss final mix print.
Roundbadge how do you use compressors and saturation combos on the busses internally? I can't fun an insert point. Am I missing a function?
Embarrassing question (I haven't really mixed on it yet) but I'm here to learn!

Thanks
Old 9th December 2013
Gear Guru

Quote:
Roundbadge how do you use compressors and saturation combos on the busses internally? I can't fun an insert point. Am I missing a function?
Embarrassing question (I haven't really mixed on it yet) but I'm here to learn!

Thanks
there are no bad questions ha.that's what this place is for.[sharing].
its all routed via the buss sends[1-8] at the top of every ch strip.
returns can be on the buss returns or anywhere else[my tlux channels etc]
Old 9th December 2013
Gear Addict

Quote:
there are no bad questions ha.that's what this place is for.[sharing].
its all routed via the buss sends[1-8] at the top of every ch strip.
returns can be on the buss returns or anywhere else[my tlux channels etc]
Thanks RB!
So, just so I have it straight...
You assign to the busses, this I understand.
Then you pick up the signal on the patch bay at the ACA buss outputs and rout to your EQ, comp, saturation.
Then you feed the output of the final outboard piece to the summing buss mix inputs on the bay, thereby defeating the internal buss routing and replacing the internally bussed signal with your outboard processed signal at the Summing Bus Sub Master section?
Sorry if I seem dense here. I just couldn't figure out how to process combined buss signals without insert points unless I went out through the bay and then landed them on faders. Which was sadly disappointing to me.
This is why I started this thread! Yes!!
Old 9th December 2013
Gear Guru

Quote:
Thanks RB!
So, just so I have it straight...
You assign to the busses, this I understand.
Then you pick up the signal on the patch bay at the ACA buss outputs and rout to your EQ, comp, saturation.
Then you feed the output of the final outboard piece to the summing buss mix inputs on the bay, thereby defeating the internal buss routing and replacing the internally bussed signal with your outboard processed signal at the Summing Bus Sub Master section?
Sorry if I seem dense here. I just couldn't figure out how to process combined buss signals without insert points unless I went out through the bay and then landed them on faders. Which was sadly disappointing to me.
This is why I started this thread! Yes!!
super simple.
heres a basic example of a parallel bus send/return [7] to a levelor
Attached Thumbnails
API 1608 mix workflow-photo-29-.jpg   API 1608 mix workflow-photo-28-.jpg  
Old 9th December 2013
Gear Addict

Quote:
super simple.
heres a basic example of a parallel bus send/return [7] to a levelor
I think I get it. It's confusing because nothing is actually labeled "bus send" or "bus return" on my 1608 rear panel. Only "bus out" and "summing bus mix input" which I assumed is the input that's used to blend outside sources with the summing busses as described in the manual. Glad to know I can do this. I was a bit bummed that I couldn't.
Thanks Roundbadge!
Gearslutz home run!
Old 9th December 2013
Gear Guru

Quote:
I think I get it. It's confusing because nothing is actually labeled "bus send" or "bus return" on my 1608 rear panel. Only "bus out" and "summing bus mix input" which I assumed is the input that's used to blend outside sources with the summing busses as described in the manual. Glad to know I can do this. I was a bit bummed that I couldn't.
Thanks Roundbadge!
Gearslutz home run!
Yes.
You can label it at the patchbay any way you like.
Old 10th December 2013
Gear Addict

Quote:
Yes.
You can label it at the patchbay any way you like.
Got it now. Tried it today. Duh...
I was under the impression that there was a way to "blend" outside sources (at unity gain) with the internal busses.
I guess I need to read the manual again...

Thanks once more.
Old 10th December 2013
Gear Guru

Quote:
Got it now. Tried it today. Duh...
I was under the impression that there was a way to "blend" outside sources (at unity gain) with the internal busses.
I guess I need to read the manual again...

Thanks once more.
no worries.
after you use it for a few months it'll be second nature.
Old 10th December 2013
Gear Addict

Great info RoundBadge!
Having to go to the patchbay to be able to insert on groups is fine. Is it the only way to access the 500 slots located above the master section? How do you deal with the "no group faders" situation?

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search