The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
API 1608 mix workflow 500 Series EQ\'s
Old 14th October 2018
Gear Maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnnyz View Post
Thinking about adding automation to my api,thoughts on this ? Api or something else?
I have the API installed. I can't honestly say it gets used that often though to be honest! Does its job though and has a pretty flexible set of options. The DAW flip is good, although without a digital scribble strip its a little confusing unless you're organised with your DAW sessions.
Old 14th October 2018
Gear Maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jason rocks View Post
How do you guys work with this console which does not have dedicated group faders like the SSl XL Mixer or 5088 console. I mean like a a drum, vocal or guitar group?
There are 2 group faders (not sure if this is only on the automation version)
Old 14th October 2018
Gear Maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jason rocks View Post
How do you guys work with this console which does not have dedicated group faders like the SSl XL Mixer or 5088 console. I mean like a a drum, vocal or guitar group?
There are 8 submasters (groups) you can use. They don’t have faders (rotary knobs).

You can have it modded to have group faders, like strange weather in Brooklyn did to their old 40 ch console.
Old 15th October 2018
Gear Nut

hey there one and all,

any idea where to get more info on the group fader mod?

cheers,

U
Old 15th October 2018
Gear Maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by uijui View Post
hey there one and all,

any idea where to get more info on the group fader mod?

cheers,

U
Me too?
Old 15th October 2018
Gear Nut

Api service just got back to me,
they offer the required bits and bobs for the modification for a rather reasonable price, and it seems like a very simple procedure, letting one control the echo return levels with faders as opposed to the rotary fader knobs...

cheers,

U
Old 15th October 2018
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by uijui View Post
Api service just got back to me,
they offer the required bits and bobs for the modification for a rather reasonable price, and it seems like a very simple procedure, letting one control the echo return levels with faders as opposed to the rotary fader knobs...

cheers,

U
Can we get some details? sounds like a nice mod actually
Old 15th October 2018
Gear Nut

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snoggin View Post
Can we get some details? sounds like a nice mod actually
Not sure why Api haven't been more vocal about this modification in the past,
as there's already all the connections ready for it underneath the blank panel next to the master fader, and even the echo return modules have jumpers for external and internal fader (meaning the rotary knobs and the add-on faders)...

as far as i understood, that's the extent of the 'mod',
they supply the new panel with the 8 faders etc,
the only thing you have to do is to cut a few jumpers and solder in a few,
nothing too massive, and doesn't require taking the desk apart, just taking out the aux modules for the jumps/cuts...

you can write to the Api service dept at Support Request – API Audio Service
for the availability and pricing

hope this helps,

U
Old 18th March 2019
Lives for gear

so.
An older 1608 or a newer one?

What are the differences? Benefits?
Old 18th March 2019
Lives for gear

The 0 dB option that they took from The Box is pretty appealing on the new 1608. Other than that, the newer automation systems seems like it's going to be cheaper and better?
Old 18th March 2019
Lives for gear

...the 2448 has the small fader and that seems very usable for both tracking and mixing. What on the 1608 is compares with or aids in getting extra channels, monitor paths etc.
Old 18th March 2019
Gear Maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by Salty James View Post
...the 2448 has the small fader and that seems very usable for both tracking and mixing. What on the 1608 is compares with or aids in getting extra channels, monitor paths etc.
You get an expander if you want more channels for the 1608. It is not a dual path in each 1608 strip.

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search