The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
1176 CLA Mod Dynamics Processors (HW)
Old 20th December 2013
  #31
Lives for gear
 
Aaron Rash's Avatar
Here's the data sheets for the UTC-0-12
Attached Thumbnails
1176 CLA Mod-image_73.jpg  
Old 20th December 2013
  #32
Lives for gear
 

I keep getting emails and PM's about this.

We worked on a couple of 1176's for CLA some years ago that did indeed have a miswire or mod (I'm not sure which) in the input stage, which CLA asked me to leave in place. I didn't keep any details on this, but am sure it wasn't transformer related. In any case, even if I had this info I wouldn't release it, since it's a proprietary thing "owned" by CLA.

Thanks for understanding and please, no more inquiries to me about this.
Old 26th January 2014
  #33
Lives for gear
 

someone actually ended up buying this for $7200
Old 27th January 2014
  #34
Lives for gear
 
Aaron Rash's Avatar
Lol that's more like it, instead of the ridiculous original asking price of $12,000. Still, 7Grand is way too much
Old 27th January 2014
  #35
P.T. Barnum said it best...
Old 27th January 2014
  #36
Imo the cla plug is still more useful as you can turn the high noise floor off. Having to gate noise out of all your compressed tracks is a bummer.
Old 27th January 2014
  #37
Lives for gear
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ward Pike View Post
I sent the seller a message:
"thanks for giving the entire pro audio community a good laugh. "CLA Mode" - that's hilarious. Almost as funny as the price!"
haha Nice
Old 27th January 2014
  #38
Lives for gear
 

hey, the "all buttons mod" and the correct resistor on the output goes a long way..... lol
Old 22nd April 2014
  #39
Here for the gear
 
clordalge's Avatar
 

People using my name to make money

Whoever the holy mountain is I have news for you !

My lawyer will be calling you about this and we will have a discussion about
how your making money referring to gear i use and how yours is supposed to be a copy of it

This is bull**** what your doing is taking advantage of a situation
out of pure greed

I can confirm that my tech did not modify any units to match mine

so you lied to the buyer....

We sell equipment to share things we use with other promising engineers
a way to give back and make a little money based on rarity , etc

I believe in doing the right thing in our community especially now

i make money making music sound good and I have to earn it with
every song.... every day

the only "mod" i have is my ears

everything else is just luck !!

This is an old thread but I need to clear the air here and make my point

Officially
Chris Lord-Alge

Last edited by clordalge; 22nd April 2014 at 10:28 PM.. Reason: fix mistakes
Old 23rd April 2014
  #40
Lives for gear
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zep Dude View Post
I'm going to buy it then send an email to every major label saying that I will mix their rock albums for $5 less than CLA. Once I have his 1176 mod I'm sure there will be no difference. If at this point you believe me, this is called sarcasm, a new form of communication on the web where you say something you don't mean to make a point.
Old 23rd April 2014
  #41
Gear Maniac
 
Decompress's Avatar
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by clordalge View Post
the only "mod" i have is my ears
Jaime Sommers is Chris Lord-Alge?!?!?!

Obviously there were more surgeries.
Old 23rd April 2014
  #42
Lives for gear
 
hasbeen's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by clordalge View Post
Whoever the holy mountain is I have news for you !

My lawyer will be calling you about this and we will have a discussion about
how your making money referring to gear i use and how yours is supposed to be a copy of it

This is bull**** what your doing is taking advantage of a situation
out of pure greed

I can confirm that my tech did not modify any units to match mine

so you lied to the buyer....

We sell equipment to share things we use with other promising engineers
a way to give back and make a little money based on rarity , etc

I believe in doing the right thing in our community especially now

i make money making music sound good and I have to earn it with
every song.... every day

the only "mod" i have is my ears

everything else is just luck !!

This is an old thread but I need to clear the air here and make my point

Officially
Chris Lord-Alge


Thanks for chiming in. And welcome anytime.
Old 12th March 2017
  #43
Gear Head
 

I still want to know what that mod is.
Old 15th March 2017
  #44
Gear Head
 

I mean I don't get it. CLA reveals all his tricks and secrets. His settings, what gears he uses, his methods...he reveals everything...but this one mod he personally instructed his techs to not reveal it...is it that good?
Old 16th March 2017
  #45
Lives for gear
 
Showcase's Avatar
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by alteredchords View Post
I mean I don't get it. CLA reveals all his tricks and secrets. His settings, what gears he uses, his methods...he reveals everything...but this one mod he personally instructed his techs to not reveal it...is it that good?
Im not sure he said to techs not to reveal it but to leave the miswire intact.
Old 17th March 2017
  #46
Gear Head
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Showcase View Post
Im not sure he said to techs not to reveal it but to leave the miswire intact.
I spoke to David Kulka on the phone (the tech that discovered the "mod") and asked him what exactly was the miswire, and he said to me, (this is an exact quote) "[Chris] specifically asked me not to reveal details of that to anybody."
Old 17th March 2017
  #47
Lives for gear
 
chrischoir's Avatar
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by alteredchords View Post
CLA reveals all his tricks and secrets. His settings, what gears he uses, his methods...he reveals everything...but this one mod he personally instructed his techs to not reveal it...is it that good?
isn't that going to be subjective?
Old 17th March 2017
  #48
Lives for gear
 

In this internet age quite alot of people seem to think they are entitled to know everything about anyone..
Old 18th March 2017
  #49
Lives for gear
 
Showcase's Avatar
 

Well i made a mod (miswire) to mine, by myself... sometimes it works sometimes not

here it is : https://www.dropbox.com/s/d59bk3a6o8...20mod.mp3?dl=0
or : http://www.dreamix.se/bluey.mp3

it starts with the mod, and then without

Last edited by Showcase; 18th March 2017 at 12:37 AM..
Topic:
Post Reply

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.


 
 
Slide to join now Processing…
Thread Tools
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Forum Jump
Forum Jump