The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 All  This Thread  Reviews  Gear Database  Gear for sale     Latest  Trending
Lindellaudio 17 & 18XS mkII's
Old 23rd October 2013
Lindellaudio 17 & 18XS mkII's

Anybody used them yet? Im thinking of buying at least one of each

Lindell - please tell me more about the op-amp feature (Pin Compatible with 990 & 2520 type op-amps) in the 18.
Old 23rd October 2013
Jai guru deva om

Lindell has done a great job at delivering on these units, very solid in build, feel and sonics. I added a channel strip of these to my rack, talk about easy control! Excellent stuff.

I will let Lindell address the pinout question, to my knowledge the 990 at least isn't quite ready for a pop and swap.

War
Old 24th October 2013
Thanks War.

I'm now leaning towards two 18XS mkII, for the occasional 2-bus duty.
Old 24th October 2013
Jai guru deva om

Quote:
Originally Posted by znus View Post
Thanks War.

I'm now leaning towards two 18XS mkII, for the occasional 2-bus duty.
That's a great plan. We also tweak his 17XS compressor to act exactly like his original 17X (which street price is $2900) and it's one of the smoothest FET compressors you can imagine.

War
Old 24th October 2013
Lives for gear

Does anyone have any experience with their 500 series gear? I was thinking about buying there 500 series rack and two compressors?

The price is great.
Old 25th October 2013
Gear Maniac
I would like to hear opinions on 500 series as well , as I am considering 500 series rack with two compressors & two E.Q's to get; buy four 500 series units & get the rack free deal.
Old 25th October 2013
Jb2
Gear Nut

Who is offering Buy 4 modules and rack free ?
Old 26th October 2013
Gear Maniac
few pounds stg.
Old 26th October 2013
Gear Maniac
Digital Audio Service Hamburg - I have asked two dealers in U.K . to pricematch and they have agreed within a few pound Stg.
Old 26th October 2013
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by JonMiller View Post
Does anyone have any experience with their 500 series gear? I was thinking about buying there 500 series rack and two compressors?

The price is great.
I will let you know in about 3 days. Just ordered 2 eq's and 2 comps. Everything I've heard about these have been really positive. Talked to a guy who has 2 racks full of them and he's working on a third. That kind of says a lot to me.
Old 26th October 2013
Jb2
Gear Nut

Feedback would be great. Thanks
Old 27th October 2013
I own 4 Lindell's 500 series modules.
2 x PEX-500
2 x 7x-500

The 7x's are awesome, specially for parallel drums. The sidechain option is a great add, allows you to get a lot of different sounds in a 500 series module.
It's pretty transparent, and that's a feature that I find nice too, here, we use a very recurrent chain for drum buss mixing: API 5500 -> 7x-500 -> Classic API VP-28 for even more color.
I'd love a stereo link feature, with continuos pots, it gets difficult to achieve stereo balance between units, but it's not impossible.

About the PEX's, I haven't payed extreme attention, since I bought them very recently, but I can say it's a nice unit to add some color in mids and hi mids.
They are passive pultec recreations, and I found them very smooth like the 7x's. They intend to recreate very colored and with strong personality units, but being more transparent, I don't know if I'm being clear with this, ha!

Both units are absolutely worth the money (that it's incredible low, even in a country (mine) where the dollar it's 10 to 1 with our national currency).
Try them out and you wont be disappointed!
Old 28th October 2013
The two 18XSmkII's will be eyeballed and eardrummed (?) today! Money is meant to be spent, right?
Old 28th October 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by znus View Post
Lindell - please tell me more about the op-amp feature (Pin Compatible with 990 & 2520 type op-amps) in the 18.
18Xs MkII is not pin compatible with any other opamps. Swaps might be possible with a small bridge pcb though.
Old 28th October 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lindell View Post
18Xs MkII is not pin compatible with any other opamps. Swaps might be possible with a small bridge pcb though.

Swedish retailer DLX has the pin compability listed as a feature of your 18XS

LINDELLAUDIO 18XS - Deluxe Music

Btw, didn't buy the two as planned. There wasn't a single salesclerk in the whole store.....
Old 28th October 2013
I got the 17xs eight months ago and it worked out great for me. It's my first comp so I can't compare it to a lot, but I found it very sonically pleasing- night and day from the plugs I've used. Primary uses for it have been vocals and drums. Even though I plan to purchase a 2-channel comp, I will be surprised if the 17xs gets less use on these 2 duties. It was quite a bit more than the 500 series but the extra settings and the VU meter have both been good to have. It's still basically new but the build quality seems great.
Old 29th October 2013
Ordered the two 18's online today and will collect them tomorrow.

Impressions from the store yesterday was that the build quality looked and felt very good. A good chunk af alu makes the face plate and the rotary switches had a nice feel to them. Didn't get to listen but as long as they induce some nice transformer color to my audio I'm happy.
Old 30th October 2013
Gear Nut

Just got 17XS mk II today and spent the day recording vocals with it. First impression is very positive, well built unit and excellent sound. I also like this wet/dry feature a lot. For the money this is absolute steal in my opinion.
Topic:

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search