The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 All  This Thread  Reviews  Gear Database  Gear for sale     Latest  Trending
The Rockruepel Comp.Two has landed!
Old 23rd October 2013
Lives for gear

The Rockruepel Comp.Two has landed!

I just took delivery of an absolute beast of a machine - The Rockruepel Comp.Two and let me tell you it's pretty stunning.

The build quality is phenomenal and would seem totally home in a Trident class submarine or 2001 A Space Odyssey wired up for HAL's voice - which is perfect since what it does to sound is otherworldly!

My wife was running her Elektron Analog 4 synth through the Comp.Two (TG2 -> Comp.Two) and the sound was incredibly thick and 3D. It sounded like we had a completely new synth all of a sudden. The synth lines sounded like they were totally alive and "breathing".

Tracking electronic drums (sound source Elektron Octatrack) was equally impressive. The drums just became "super phat" and I have to use the adjective 3D again.

The Rockruepel is super versatile and I just can't get it to sound bad whether I'm super squashing or just using the "Amp Only" setting. I've only had it for about a week and I'm going to be spending a lot of time in the studio to truly understand the complete potentialities of this spectacular machine.

The only downside of the Rockruepel is that I now want a Comp.Two for each of my busses to create an explosive wall of sound!

I'll post samples when I get a chance.

Old 15th November 2013
Gear Head

Great pictures ! Thank you.

Here is another review from Joshua Ray from Windham, ME United States who just bought the comp.two at Front End Audio

Just got this in and ran my first mix through the COMP.TWO! It was crazy. The mix was a pop/rock song that I just produced for a client last week. It was already finished in my mind. Well, I wish I had this thing sooner. It has some serious sonic mojo! I found it to be super easy to use. I was able to keep it pretty transparent on the 2bus but also had the ability to color the mix pretty heavily (I mean that in a good way) if I wanted to. I'm mixing a folk/pop record over the next couple weeks and I'm super excited to have the COMP.TWO along for the ride. I'll write a more comprehensive review once I really am able to work with it.

More reviews here :
Rockruepel COMP.TWO Mastering Bus Compressor at FrontEndAudio.com

Thanks Stefan
Old 5th December 2013
Gear Maniac

Just wondering, how does the rockruepel do the vari-Mu. I saw a picture in SOS and I only saw tubes for input and output?
Old 6th December 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by Johanz View Post
Just wondering, how does the rockruepel do the vari-Mu. I saw a picture in SOS and I only saw tubes for input and output?
Read this:
What is a Vari-Mu Compressor Used For?

It might be in the low-end section but it's very good.,

You can do a variable gain (mu) compressor with two dual triode valves (tubes). Essentially two tubes are giving you 4 different tube stages. As long as you one stage for starved plate voltage gain as hostage exchange villain, you're away to the races.

It's not that complex an issue. and who don't love the potential squishiness in a vari-mu on a stereo buss?
Old 7th December 2013
Gear Maniac

Just got this unit in the studio. Kind of apples and oranges comparing the API 2500 for the bus comp but none the less...it's one of my favorites. I actually find the 2500 "squishier" sounding...softer more "gelled"...has more of a "compressed sounding" character to it at the same (roughly) gain reduction at the RR. However, the RR is a firm and tight sound...especially what it does to the kicks and the high mids. It kind of makes the 2500 sound "messy" on certain tracks that need low end tightening. This is a unique sound I haven't really heard before in a buss comp....its kind of like what a plug-in SHOULD theoretically sound like-- Tight, clean, detailed...etc..but no plugin I've used really achieves this.
Old 7th December 2013
Lives for gear

some pics of the guts would be interesting... covers dont tell much.
Old 7th December 2013
please do post some examples of the analogue 4 and octatrack! ideally bypassed and comp in...
Old 6th January 2014
Gear Head

Hello salomonander. I will take some inside shots but in the meantime check this link :Rockruepel Comp.Two Test there are several very nice inside pictures by Hannes Bieger. Other reviews are sound on sound or tape op. Thanks Stefan
Old 7th January 2014
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by SWAN808 View Post
please do post some examples of the analogue 4 and octatrack! ideally bypassed and comp in...
Hi Swan, I'll try and do this in the next few weeks when I get a chance.
Topic:

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search