The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Capi VP28
Old 17th October 2013
Lives for gear

Capi VP28

Hey guys. Trying to take a good decision on this. I already have a BAE 1084 and love its sound. Want to get it paired or...Been considering a pair of VP28 for a while. Price seems amazing. Will they sound as big and fat while differently as my 1084 or is it more colored towards API sharper and more present sound?
Old 17th October 2013
Lives for gear

If you do a search for CAPI you should find a wealth of information on this.

The VP28 should be a perfect companion for your 1084. Yes it has the API vibe and it certainly can get big with the gain staging options. I love them and have several. However I have seen a trend in the classified lately of people selling theirs. Can't imagine why. It's just one of those gearslutz things where something new comes out and gets rave reviews and there is a rush to buy. They are inexpensive compared to others in their class when you build it yourself so that may explain the desire to sell for a small profit.

For me this is one preamp that is a no brainer.

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search