The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
Neumann Mic Tech went independent
Old 22nd October 2015
Gear Head

I used two of the four KM84s that Tom Onofrio refurbished recently on an 80-piece concert band recording. He put in new capacitors and removed some resistors. Now the mics have about 6 dB more gain, and sound both clearer and richer. It cost me $1120.00 for the four (the capsules were fine). I'm pleased-money well spent. Tom was also very easy to work with. He is permanently in my contacts app.

I also got the Shapeways 3D-printed ORTF mic holder for the KM84s with the Shure shockmount. It works great and saves time in set up. A great addition!

Thanks to all for the very appreciated advice!

Robert Cartwright
perfectwavedigital.com
San Diego, CA
Old 22nd October 2015
Tempted to buy a U87 on Ebay and then send it to Tom to review and make sure it's working properly
Old 22nd October 2015
Lives for gear

Thanks Klaus! I'll be using his services. Great news!
Old 22nd October 2015
Lives for gear

Tom serviced my beautiful U67 and brought it back to factory fresh condition. His prices are reasonable and turnaround was 1 week.
Old 15th December 2015
Lives for gear

Just one more endorsement for Tom. Sent my '77 U87 in for repair and got it back in a week sounding the best it's ever sounded. Quick turnaround, fair pricing, and competency. That's a winning combination!

Thanks, Tom!

Cheers,
--
Don
Old 15th December 2015
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by TomOnofrio View Post
Hi all, new web address is as follows microphone-repair.com

This website is dead

Do uo have a new one ?
Old 15th December 2015
Lives for gear

Microphone Repair

Or Google Tom Onofrio Neumann.
Old 5th February 2016
Here for the gear

Props to Tom Onofrio!

I want to give my best endorsement of Tom Onofrio @ Microphone Repair ... I had Tom go through 2 Neumann KM84's & he did a fabulous job! New KK84 capsules, caps replaced & tested. Turnaround was very swift & smooth. I now have like-new performing KM84's! Courteous, communicative, competent & cool ... what more could you ask for? Highly recommend ;-)
Topic:

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search