The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Capsules for Schoeps CMT5 (48V) preamp?
Old 15th October 2013
Lives for gear

Capsules for Schoeps CMT5 (48V) preamp?

Hi, I have just bought a Schoeps CMT5 preamp, one of the old ones that uses regular phantom power.

I have read the Schoeps page (SCHOEPS CLASSICS: The CMT Series - reliable until today), which talks about the different capsules you could use with this mic, but it does not say what their model names were.

Because of this, I would be grateful for any hints as to what capsules I could use with it, there's not much info on this online.

Thanks in advance!

Santiago
Old 15th October 2013
Lives for gear

These capsules are not like the CMC versions that are interchangeable between bodies with different powering requirements. You will have to use CMT5 series capsules, and can't use the 12-volt CMT4 or CMT3 series. I have actually never seen any CMT capsules for sale, and according to Schoeps, these capsules were not meant to be user-swappable. So basically, you can use any MK 2S, MK 4, MK 40, MK 41, MK 5, MK 6 that is currently in use on another CMT5 body.
Old 15th October 2013
Lives for gear

Please observe you are talking about the preamp - body - of the mic, the capsules
should work with 5 and 6 and others as there is no no change there, they get their specific voltages from the body in use - 12V or 48V or universal ... or the tube one with its own specific powering

Matti
Old 16th October 2013
Lives for gear

He is talking about the now discontinued CMT mics -- and not the current CMC series that you are describing.
Old 16th October 2013
Lives for gear

Many thanks, that clears it up! I'll be on the hunt for such capsules, then...

This place is brilliant for this kind of questions.
Old 16th October 2013
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cathedral Guitar View Post
He is talking about the now discontinued CMT mics -- and not the current CMC series that you are describing.
Yes, noticed
Thanks

Matti
Topic:

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search