The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Things just got slutty as **** 500 Series Preamps
Old 18th September 2013
Gear Addict

Things just got slutty as ****

The Retro Doublewide just came in the mail. and I jizzzed in my pantssss.

Do I fill that last space with a chandler little devil?

Old 18th September 2013
Lives for gear

Looks freaking great. I have had my eyes on a Chandler Little Devil for a while now.
Any chance you could loan it to me
Old 18th September 2013
Gear Addict

I'm really not sure what I need. I've got a Chandler TG-2. The Buzz. The E-dyne. and the Gama. and two UAM610's. I guess the only base I dont have covered is the neve. But I could give a **** about a neve. I want something that can contend with the gama and electrodyne. Had an MA5 kinda harsh upper mids to me. Maybe the Biz. I can totally stand to fill my head with all these things. It's a pretty great fantasy-reality to live out. I'm an addict. A gear slut. Through and through. Some guys look at girls in bikinis. Girl, show me your transformer baby, whatchu got a cinemag? oh daaayam.
Old 18th September 2013
Lives for gear

I own nor have neither heard about any of the gear you talk about, yeah shame on me, except I have heard nothing but great things about the Little Devil.
Why you you sound down on Neve? again cant comment have never heard a Neve and own none. Was thinking an old Neve console once but backed out.
SSL, API and some other stuff I kind of know about.
Regardless looks like you have a nice range of stuff happening anyway.
Don't mind me I could talk about outboard all day long.

A gear addict well you can add me to your club, however I still look at bikinis all the time, and short skirts and whatever else is happening. Could never let that go Ever. That is just the male slut in me I guess
Old 18th September 2013
Lives for gear

Little devil EQ I assume, or the comp?

EQ has some byte, don't know if this particularly neveish (I *imagine* that to be more on the creamy side). LD is definitively a character piece.

Another one to consider IMO (and it would also go lovely with the existing colours lol) is an api EQ. They are just fantastic.
Old 18th September 2013
RETRO Doublewide is amazing, I am getting another one for my rack,
Old 18th September 2013
Gear Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by mynaemisjonas View Post
I'm an addict. A gear slut. Through and through. Some guys look at girls in bikinis. Girl, show me your transformer baby, whatchu got a cinemag? oh daaayam.
You're a light toker, son. Wait until you buy random Stancor's on ebay while thinking of boxes to put them in......

P.S. Congrats on the rack of sex.
Old 18th September 2013
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by schmuck View Post
Little devil EQ I assume, or the comp?

EQ has some byte, don't know if this particularly neveish (I *imagine* that to be more on the creamy side). LD is definitively a character piece.

Another one to consider IMO (and it would also go lovely with the existing colours lol) is an api EQ. They are just fantastic.
For me it is the EQ but I am assuming OP is talking compression, could be wrong as assumptions will always make an ass out of you.
Old 18th September 2013
Gear Addict

oh, I mean I want one more 500 series preamp to play around with...
Old 18th September 2013
Lives for gear

haha, ok a preamp, well at least both looney and myself confirmed his ass-ume theory then

Cannot comment on the preamps, sorry. Other than that I blindly believe you that the electrodyne is great, based on my experience with their 500 series EQ which I like a lot.

EQs in your next api rack it is then!

Edit: a tube preamp! No experience with 500 series but I think there is a one-slot rolls tubule one?
Old 18th September 2013
Gear Addict

Ive got two ua m610s :(
Old 18th September 2013
Lives for gear

Quote:
Ive got two ua m610s :(
oops. sorry, my bad. I will keep my trap shut now.
Old 18th September 2013
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by schmuck View Post
oops. sorry, my bad. I will keep my trap shut now.
Old 19th September 2013
Quote:

So sexy! How'bout some clips of this beast smashing a vocal????
Old 19th September 2013
Gear Addict

Quote:

I just used this post to explain to my girlfriend why I love Gearslutz

Nice rack!
Old 19th September 2013
Gear Addict

I can post a sample yes, I'll make the GF sing some no doubt.
Old 26th September 2013
Gear Head
I've got a pair of Little Devil pres. They are truly fantastic. I haven't used everything under the sun but I've not used a more versatile preamp. So many tonal options and it's pretty damn hard to get a bad sound out of them. I use them mixing as well over the drum bus or my 2-bus. I highly recommend them.
Old 26th September 2013
Gear Addict

Yeah, I've been studying up on all the pre's and I only really want a little devil now..
Old 21st April 2014
Here for the gear

Quote:
I'm really not sure what I need. I've got a Chandler TG-2. The Buzz. The E-dyne. and the Gama. and two UAM610's. I guess the only base I dont have covered is the neve. But I could give a **** about a neve. I want something that can contend with the gama and electrodyne. Had an MA5 kinda harsh upper mids to me. Maybe the Biz. I can totally stand to fill my head with all these things. It's a pretty great fantasy-reality to live out. I'm an addict. A gear slut. Through and through. Some guys look at girls in bikinis. Girl, show me your transformer baby, whatchu got a cinemag? oh daaayam.
This is hilarious!!
Old 21st April 2014
Lives for gear

Seems like you've only got one space but take this recommendation and thank me later - buy yourself a twin v from rascal audio
The Rascal Audio Two-V is a remarkable, dual-channel, 500-series microphone amplifier built to fully satisfy the most discerning professional who craves vintage tone, but requires more than a one-trick pony. A true desert-island microphone amplifier for tone lovers the Two-V couples a deceptively simple yet uniquely powerful gain structure with dynamically responsive, class-A gain blocks to produce what is simply the most inspiring and tonally flexible, discrete, transformer-balanced microphone amplifier on the market. And above all its tone are musical! Whether it's producing fluid, articulate gain for your guitar amps, classic British, class-A bulk for your drums, or pure buttery silk for your lead vocal, the Two-V from Rascal Audio delivers gorgeous, engaging, opulent tone every time.

Joel the designer is the nicest guy. And he loves transformers - the transformers in these are custom and the only reason it's a doublespace is because that how big the trafos are - I beleive they're the biggest out there. They are fitted diagonally to fit in the double space slots as well so they're massive.
And tone - my lord. Don't have to worry about pres ever ever again - 2 chanels for $1300
Old 4th June 2014
Gear Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by dogma View Post
Seems like you've only got one space but take this recommendation and thank me later - buy yourself a twin v from rascal audio
The Rascal Audio Two-V is a remarkable, dual-channel, 500-series microphone amplifier built to fully satisfy the most discerning professional who craves vintage tone, but requires more than a one-trick pony. A true desert-island microphone amplifier for tone lovers the Two-V couples a deceptively simple yet uniquely powerful gain structure with dynamically responsive, class-A gain blocks to produce what is simply the most inspiring and tonally flexible, discrete, transformer-balanced microphone amplifier on the market. And above all its tone are musical! Whether it's producing fluid, articulate gain for your guitar amps, classic British, class-A bulk for your drums, or pure buttery silk for your lead vocal, the Two-V from Rascal Audio delivers gorgeous, engaging, opulent tone every time.

Joel the designer is the nicest guy. And he loves transformers - the transformers in these are custom and the only reason it's a doublespace is because that how big the trafos are - I beleive they're the biggest out there. They are fitted diagonally to fit in the double space slots as well so they're massive.
And tone - my lord. Don't have to worry about pres ever ever again - 2 chanels for $1300
Hi Dogma. Also looking at the Twin V. Looks amazing. Have you compared them against the likes of Heritage and BAE?
Old 5th June 2014
Lives for gear

Quote:
Girl, show me your transformer baby, whatchu got a cinemag? oh daaayam.
Bro, you do know you're talkin bout trannys right? Lol
Old 5th June 2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheOxmyn View Post
Bro, you do know you're talkin bout trannys right? Lol
Don't you hate it when a girl lifts her skirt and you see a Cinemag!
Old 8th June 2014
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by jcoutu1 View Post
Don't you hate it when a girl lifts her skirt and you see a Cinemag!
Old 8th June 2014
Lives for gear

Just wanted to say that I love the title of this thread lol
Old 8th June 2014
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lolo22 View Post
Hi Dogma. Also looking at the Twin V. Looks amazing. Have you compared them against the likes of Heritage and BAE?
Not side by side but still for 2 chanels of that quality it could be $2000 and still be worth it. The amp blocks are very similar to a typical neve but those transformers make such an impact it just can't be overstated. It's pure class.
Topic:

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search