The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
WHAT U RECON TO MY SETUP Condenser Microphones
Old 24th September 2006
HIGH END STUDIO

I have been doing research on an ideal setup form myself who dose rnb music. I produce sing and write, my goal is to have high end equipment to which will give me excellent quality withought having to go to a pro studio. I want to record vocals (male)-me, sequence and programe on my mpc and then do all mixing in my Mac on pro tools le. Here is the setup I have come up with, I would like all of your pro opinions and advice on what you think , whether I need to change, add or you have other suggestions. The sound I am trying to achieve is that Rodney Jerkins, Jermain Dupri, Timbaland rnb style mixing wise, vocal sound would be Usher, Mario, Ray J and so on. Any opinions, suggestions at all welcome. Thanks. Here are the set up ideas.

Mac pro 2.66gh dual
Digi 002 Factory Bundle
Blue Kiwi Mic
Neve 1073DPA
Tube-Tech CL1B
Lexcicon PCM70
Neve 8803 dual channel equaliser
SSL X-Logic G-Series Compressor

or

Mac pro 2.66gh dual
Digi 002 Factory Bundle
Blue Kiwi Mic
API Launch Box including the x2 512C mic pres, x2 550B eq's, x2 525 com
Lexcicon PCM70
Smart C1

What do you guys recon can I achieve the results I was talking about above in my recordings mixies and so on, which would be ready for mastering?

Last edited by daoriginalqupes; 24th September 2006 at 12:52 PM.. Reason: not enough viewings

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search