The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Pendulum Audio PL-2 Analogue Brickwall Peak Limiter?? Dynamics Processors (HW)
Old 23rd September 2006
Lives for gear

Pendulum Audio PL-2 Analogue Brickwall Peak Limiter??

could anyone with experience comment on this unit? in your use of it have you still felt the need to use a digital limiter or has this "done the trick"? i am specifically wondering how this has worked for anyone that likes to make a rough mastered copy of their tracks for distribution on a small scale (IOW, for making a "mastered" version for your friends so they can listen to it on their iPods, car stereos etc)?

thanks in advance,
J.D.
Old 23rd September 2006
Gear Nut

The PL-2 is great ......
I'm using it every day for tracking , mixing and mastering .
It is far better than any peak limiter plugin I used before .

Old 23rd September 2006
member no 666

It's not like an L-2 which is a "make it louder and more boring than any other tool ever invented" unit/pogrom... the PL-2 is [at least in my world] a "it doesn't matter how hard ____ hits the ____ my PL-2 will have my ass covered against clipping the A/D" kind of a box.

In many ways it's let me pick up the speed of how I work because I can focus on getting the levels of the stuff I record so my mix comes up in a straight line with the faders at -10 on my console without worrying about clipping the A/D converters on channels that can be prone to clipping.

For example... I will us the PL-2 on overheads and the Quartet II on kik [it has the same limiter as section #4]... and while I don't use compression while I'm tracking drumbs I will use the peak limiter in the Crane Song LTD. STC-8 on any other drum where I might run the danger of running a level too high to the converter.

In other words, I have found the PL-2 to work like a charm and can't wait for the start of '07 when we figure out my studio expansion budget so I can add a second unit.

Peace.
Old 23rd September 2006
Lives for gear

Do you think PL-2 can do a better quality job than the usual software limiters like L2, Elephant or TC MD3 ?
Top Mentioned Products

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search