The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Summing mixer Maselec STM822
Old 10th September 2013
Gear Addict

Summing mixer Maselec STM822

Hi,

I have opportunity to buy an Maselec STM822, what about this summing mixer?

thx
Old 11th September 2013
Gear Addict

nobody?
Old 12th September 2013
Gear Head

The STM-822 is an excellent, really clean summing mixer and does it very well with some useful features. It also happens to be mostly unknown as it isn't even on the Maselec website! As with all purchases like this, it would be great if you can try it first. However if you are after a clean summing mixer and are NOT looking for colour then I highly recommend it.
Old 10th February 2014
Lives for gear
anyone compared it to dangerous 2 bus?
Old 15th May 2019
Here for the gear

It's been several years since the last post on this thread, but for anyone looking for this comparison, the answer is Yes. Fuseroom did a very nice shootout and included both of these units. http://www.fuseroom.com/summingshootout.
You'll have a much more accurate comparison if you download the files and level match them in your DAW (i used Waves WLM for this), and do a blind comparison.
Doing a blind comparison, the STM822 was my favorite on the Jazz piece. It seems to impart a really pleasant, high energy across the whole mix and just feels finished to me. Also, listen for crack of the snare...it's crisp, but also sits nicely in the soundstage. The STM822 was my 3rd fav on the Country Rock song. The Nickel and Iron settings on the Equinox managed those frequencies most comprehensively to my ears.
Topic:

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search