The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
SSL Sigma Control Surfaces
Old 27th February 2019
Here for the gear

Fusion Vst Control

Hi everyone,
I own both Sigma and Nucleus. One little idea for [email protected]: Why not produce a Fusion with only VST control? I mean, just the box, without any control or just few, for optimal total recall via VST?
Old 8th March 2019
Gear Maniac

Hi guys,

Happy Sigma owner of two years, just a quick question if anyone can help me out -

I've been using the Sigma monitor section/headphones/talkback and it works great in my setup. I would really like to setup some type or auto talkback system and want to see if I can do it without using up an extra IN/OUT on my interface. Since the Sigma works with ipMIDI, am I able to send a MIDI note out of Pro Tools to toggle the Talkback switch on and off? I have been able to get a stand alone MIDI controller to control the Talkback and Monitor functions, but it would be great to just have one long MIDI note in Pro Tools ready to go so while in playback the talkback is off, when stopped Talkback comes on. I love this function on the D-Command/X-Mon and just with I had it in my setup.

Thanks
Old 19th March 2019
Quote:
Originally Posted by spandex man View Post
Hi guys,

Happy Sigma owner of two years, just a quick question if anyone can help me out -

I've been using the Sigma monitor section/headphones/talkback and it works great in my setup. I would really like to setup some type or auto talkback system and want to see if I can do it without using up an extra IN/OUT on my interface. Since the Sigma works with ipMIDI, am I able to send a MIDI note out of Pro Tools to toggle the Talkback switch on and off? I have been able to get a stand alone MIDI controller to control the Talkback and Monitor functions, but it would be great to just have one long MIDI note in Pro Tools ready to go so while in playback the talkback is off, when stopped Talkback comes on. I love this function on the D-Command/X-Mon and just with I had it in my setup.

Thanks
There are plugs that do this.. soundradix and Tritone Digital both make plugins that will mute a channel while playing, but if you don’t want to use up any extra i/o, you may be able to do something with Controller Mate. It’s not quite the same thing, but we used Controller Mate to program two keys on the Mac keyboard to control latching talkback and momentary talkback. CM allows you to fire midi from any computer keyboard, which allowed us to have hardware keys for almost all functions in the master section of sigma.
I guess you could make a macro that toggles the TB with record to give you a similar effect as the d|command.
Old 2 weeks ago
Here for the gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by SonicAxiom View Post
Sigma mix A output is sending out line level - and a pretty hot one, too! Up to +24 dBu. Thuis is so hot that I have a Little Labs RedCloud patched behind mix A out to prevent overloading subsequent analog gear. I'd also say that something is going on on the Apollo's side.
Awesome! I Will try that out! Thanks!
Old 1 week ago
Gear Nut

Hi!

I use almost all the time same settings at my Sigma. How can I store that settings to default? So I don't have to open that ssl console.

V
Old 1 week ago
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vertigo2006 View Post
Hi!

I use almost all the time same settings at my Sigma. How can I store that settings to default? So I don't have to open that ssl console.

V
In the Sigma app, top-right. Picture of a folder saying Save and Open. It will always load your last saved settings
Old 4 days ago
Lives for gear

Will the Sigma add something for electronic dance music productions using mostly VSTis and samples, combined with a hardware stereo Pultec EQ and SSL BC?
Old 1 day ago
Gear Maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by Progmatic-Studios View Post
Will the Sigma add something for electronic dance music productions using mostly VSTis and samples, combined with a hardware stereo Pultec EQ and SSL BC?
I'd say yes. It delivers great depth, width, punch and clarity. My bus comp is inserted into mix B and allows me to achieve parallel compression running into mix A which is uncompressed. Sigma's main output is fed into a Foote P3S comp and then into a pair of BAE 1084's. Btw., in most cases I'm processing VSTi tracks with analog gear (1084's, SSL 611 EQ's/DYN's) prior to mixing to add life/character and sculpture the desired sound.
Old 12 hours ago
Gear Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by SonicAxiom View Post
I'd say yes. It delivers great depth, width, punch and clarity. My bus comp is inserted into mix B and allows me to achieve parallel compression running into mix A which is uncompressed. Sigma's main output is fed into a Foote P3S comp and then into a pair of BAE 1084's. Btw., in most cases I'm processing VSTi tracks with analog gear (1084's, SSL 611 EQ's/DYN's) prior to mixing to add life/character and sculpture the desired sound.

I was doing that at 1st only to realize that you can do parallel compression with 1 bus only using the output of the compressor as your compressed signal fader and save a bus in the process
Old 4 hours ago
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Progmatic-Studios View Post
And especially if you send mono signals for kicks and snares into mono Sigma channels and clip them a bit to saturate the MDACs. The SSL punch comes through!!

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search