The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Where to buy a pair of Spectra Sonics 610's? Dynamics Processors (HW)
Old 21st September 2006
Lives for gear

Where to buy a pair of Spectra Sonics 610's?

Joel Hamilton told me the company still exists, but is not on the web. That's quite annoying. Anyone got a tip on how to reach them and order a couple? I'm astounded that a company can exist with no web presence these days. And I'm also astounded that 610's are still being made!

Lemme know. Thanks!

--- Chad
Old 21st September 2006
Lives for gear

Spectra Sonics
3750 Airport Rd
OGDEN, UT 84405 - 1531
(801) 392-7531
Old 21st September 2006
Lives for gear

Thanks!

...but why the hell don't they have a website? I mean, what company exists these days without the web?!

Weird!

- c
Old 21st September 2006
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silver Sonya View Post
...but why the hell don't they have a website? I mean, what company exists these days without the web?!

Weird!

- c
Great company but a strange company. They actually sell airplane parts and stuff for re-fueling if I remember correctly. They guy who started it is also an audiofile/recording guy who made a bunch of interesting gear and had their heyday in the 70's.

Given the state and the stupidly high price of used units now days I would buy a new unit if they have them in stock. I still regret selling mine about 7 years ago. I bought mine at 50 bucks for the pair. I sold them for more that that but not as much as I see them go for used nowdays. Its a 1 trick pony but a pretty damn good trick!!!!

Good luck,
Michael Greene
Old 21st September 2006
Lives for gear

I think they're like $1800 new or something crazy like that. You can get the used for less than half that price.
Old 22nd September 2006
Lives for gear

last i checked they did have new units availible but they only sell them if you call them up and ask for them. very cool units. and very cool people.
Old 22nd September 2006
Lives for gear

I'm glad I got mine. I bought it in a music store 10 years ago for $175.00 I didn't know what it was at the time but it just looked like it was cool so I bought it on a whim.
Old 22nd September 2006
Gear Maniac

I had a pair for about ten years, until I sold one of mine about 3 years ago for as much as I got the pair for...
Totally fun, but i NEVER found myself needing a pair. Ever. Even though they were in the rack for 10 years... I did use both a few times I guess, but so rarely that i had to make way for all the other stuff....
Old 22nd September 2006
Gear Maniac

I bought a pair years ago, and use them all the time...as someone said - one trick pony, but a good one. Doesnt work well on everything, but on some things is amazing.
Friend of mine who does studio maintenance at worlds class studio, here in London, told me that transformers in (mine pair - dont know how old they are..) 610 are exactly the same as in Fairchild ! Not a single part is changed inside..after all these years....and they look cool!
As far as I know, Led Zeppelin had a desk built by Spectrasonics..anyone know more about it?
Old 22nd September 2006
bee
Lives for gear

Pro audio design sells them. A couple of years ago they were $700 hundred dallors. Now they are $1800....crazy. I was going to buy a pair...but that's about twice what an original goes for.
Top Mentioned Products

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search