The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
Hi-end home studio pics
Old 13th September 2020 | Show parent
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by pentagon View Post
Those are called 1U Brush Panels. Or Brush Strips.
Common in networking racks but useful in these situations too to keep things clean. You can get them in 2U too. On the reverse side (inside of the rack), there are often tie-down points where you can use a cable tie to keep the cable running through the opening from slipping.
Yup, they keep things nice and neat.
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by pentagon View Post
Those are called 1U Brush Panels. Or Brush Strips.
Common in networking racks but useful in these situations too to keep things clean. You can get them in 2U too. On the reverse side (inside of the rack), there are often tie-down points where you can use a cable tie to keep the cable running through the opening from slipping.
Brilliant - thank you! I've been trying to find something like this
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by lectrojape View Post
Brilliant - thank you! I've been trying to find something like this
Easily found- I got mine on Amazon.

It is probably wasteful for me to chew up 2u of rack space in a prominent position in this way but I prefer things to be neater, rather than cramming loads of gear in and have cables trailing over the desk.
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by uptheoctave View Post
Easily found- I got mine on Amazon.

It is probably wasteful for me to chew up 2u of rack space in a prominent position in this way but I prefer things to be neater, rather than cramming loads of gear in and have cables trailing over the desk.
I feel similarly about keeping things neat - I recently got the same desk from Buso (albeit with only 6U on top either side) and while it's a great looking desk with things positioned nicely it does not really cater to any kind of cable management. Round the back I've used a load of velcro tape stuck underneath to keep things tidy but these brush strip panels are perfect for things coming through the front.

As an aside - have you found the black surfaces resistant to scratches? Mine arrived with quite a few fine scratches here and there - not deep at all, a fingernail will not catch them and they are only visible under some lighting conditions. I dusted it down with a microfiber cloth and it left even more scratches behind which does not seem right.

I have sent some pics to Buso and they have sent me a touch up paint pen to see if it will help. If it doesn't they will send new pieces which is very good of them. I suspect that maybe something went wrong with the final finish or clear coat of the painting process but that's just a guess.
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by lectrojape View Post
I feel similarly about keeping things neat - I recently got the same desk from Buso (albeit with only 6U on top either side) and while it's a great looking desk with things positioned nicely it does not really cater to any kind of cable management. Round the back I've used a load of velcro tape stuck underneath to keep things tidy but these brush strip panels are perfect for things coming through the front.

As an aside - have you found the black surfaces resistant to scratches? Mine arrived with quite a few fine scratches here and there - not deep at all, a fingernail will not catch them and they are only visible under some lighting conditions. I dusted it down with a microfiber cloth and it left even more scratches behind which does not seem right.

I have sent some pics to Buso and they have sent me a touch up paint pen to see if it will help. If it doesn't they will send new pieces which is very good of them. I suspect that maybe something went wrong with the final finish or clear coat of the painting process but that's just a guess.
Yes my Producer XL was resized- it is wider, with 8u up top.
Condition has been excellent, no scratches and it survived being shipped to Singapore and back.
Old 14th September 2020
Gear Maniac

Here is my home pro studio

Nawara Music
Cairo, Egypt
Attached Thumbnails
Hi-end home studio pics-20200812_083720.jpg   Hi-end home studio pics-20200729_080945.jpg   Hi-end home studio pics-20200729_080952.jpg   Hi-end home studio pics-20200729_081016.jpg   Hi-end home studio pics-20200614_195901.jpg  

Old 14th September 2020 | Show parent
Quote:
Originally Posted by mnawara View Post
Nawara Music
Cairo, Egypt
Cool set up. I like how the Behringer X-Touch has made it to the High End! You have them set up the way I do.
Old 14th September 2020 | Show parent
Gear Nut

[QUOTE=uptheoctave;14965962]Updated photos of my studio in the Cotswolds, UK./QUOTE]

What a beautiful studio, congrats.
Old 15th September 2020 | Show parent
Gear Maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by blayz2002 View Post
Cool set up. I like how the Behringer X-Touch has made it to the High End! You have them set up the way I do.
Thanks!
In mixing, I am using the X-Touch only for balancing levels and panning as a first step in mixing (and sometimes for automation). But i dont use it to load plugins
Also i sometimes use its transport for tracking

I think its a very solid USB controller
Old 15th September 2020 | Show parent
Quote:
Originally Posted by mnawara View Post
Thanks!
In mixing, I am using the X-Touch only for balancing levels and panning as a first step in mixing (and sometimes for automation). But i dont use it to load plugins
Also i sometimes use its transport for tracking

I think its a very solid USB controller
Same here, for how I use it, but I also use it for transport and a few utility functions. It's also pretty good for controlling sends (at least in Logic). I see you have Console 1 too, which I use on all tracks for that console type mindset and vibe across the mix. Between those 2 you can have a very hands-on feel to mixing.

I think the X-Touch is underrated and can be made to look pretty good on a desk especially with the Extender and if you remove the two end panels where they meet.
📝 Reply