The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Neumann U67 vs. M269c
Old 24th October 2008
Lives for gear

bump...

Not sure why the total disdain for the FET version of the SM69...

Mine has continually impressed me with damn near everything its thrown in front of. I guess it helps when the mic is in good order, and placed in the right spot. I can't compare it to a tube SM69, but in reality, I don't care. IMO, saving the extra 3 to 5 grand was better spent in other areas, tho I guess I'll never know!

Long live the lovely vintage Neumann mic's!
Old 24th October 2008
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trulsux View Post
Hey everyone!

I just bought this beauty, but as you see there is a knob missing on the powersupply...
Anyone got any ideas where to find one??

Thanks/

Truls.
They can be had either at "Knobs for Neumanns", "Nothing But Neumann Knobs", or "Bob's Big Neumann Knob Shop." You know, down in the knobs district.
Old 24th October 2008
Gear Maniac

Great! I´ll try one of those.............
Old 27th October 2008
Here for the gear

Neumann m 269c

Hey,

For those looking for an M269c, I'm selling mine on Ebay.

Neumann M269c Vintage Tube Condenser Microphone - eBay (item 150306216541 end time Nov-02-08 12:00:31 PST)
Old 12th March 2011
Gear Addict

lots of gerat info on the U67 love the thread
Old 10th January 2015
Lives for gear

Man I wish I could buy these mics. They sound good on singers I work with but don't sound good on my voice ! The c800g sounds best on my voice..... God what a problem
Old 11th January 2015
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by KennaOkoye View Post
Man I wish I could buy these mics. They sound good on singers I work with but don't sound good on my voice ! The c800g sounds best on my voice..... God what a problem

Well it has been a few years. I suspect you couldn't buy one if you wanted to!

Old 11th January 2015
Lives for gear

The U67 is absolutely amazing mic, huge, focused and dimensional while still being velvety smooth. I find it versatile too, awesome on acoustic and both male and female vocals. Kenna if the Sony sounds best on your voice it doesn't suprise me that the u67 would be less than optimal but you might want to try boosting the highs. The 67 takes Eq wonderfully.
Old 12th January 2015
Lives for gear

Whether you need the extended high frequency response of the M269 really depends on what program material you are recording (strings vs voice etc).

Although likely not a factor for owners of these mics, one requires an expensive, esoteric tube (AC701 for M269) and the other a common, inexpensive tube (EF86 for U67).
Old 12th January 2015
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Palermo View Post
The U67 is absolutely amazing mic, huge, focused and dimensional while still being velvety smooth. I find it versatile too, awesome on acoustic and both male and female vocals. Kenna if the Sony sounds best on your voice it doesn't suprise me that the u67 would be less than optimal but you might want to try boosting the highs. The 67 takes Eq wonderfully.
but then it makes me sound like i gained weight… i can't describe it, same with the manley ref c. The Sony doesn't make me sound like I'm 300lbs. It makes me sound skinny and sexy lmaoooo joking but not joking
Old 13th January 2015
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by KennaOkoye View Post
but then it makes me sound like i gained weight… i can't describe it, same with the manley ref c. The Sony doesn't make me sound like I'm 300lbs. It makes me sound skinny and sexy lmaoooo joking but not joking
lmfao, if the c800g can do all that stick with sony. Of course if those 300lbs are barry white pounds then the extra weight might not be a bad thing
Old 13th January 2015
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Palermo View Post
lmfao, if the c800g can do all that stick with sony. Of course if those 300lbs are barry white pounds then the extra weight might not be a bad thing
Not bad at all lol!
Old 9th February 2019
Here for the gear

Hey Guys! I'm selling my lovely RMS 269! I love this mic, unfortunately I'm not doing many vocal recordings anymore. it's got the K67 capsule...VERY clsoe to the Neumann M269C. if you questions let me know!

RMS 269 Silver With k67 Capsule (Neumann M269 Clone / Neumann | Reverb
Old 9th February 2019
Here for the gear

Selling RMS 269

Hey Guys! I'm selling my lovely RMS 269! I love this mic, unfortunately I'm not doing many vocal recordings anymore. it's got the K67 capsule...VERY clsoe to the Neumann M269C. if you questions let me know!

RMS 269 Silver With k67 Capsule (Neumann M269 Clone / Neumann | Reverb

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search