The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
High end nearfield test Studio Monitors
Old 10th August 2017
Gear Head

Quote:
Originally Posted by Audiovisjon View Post
Hey guys!

I am trying to do a big test and review of several high end monitors in my studio.Barefoot mm27 gen1 and gen2, Pmc Aml2 , Twotwo, Geithain 944K1, Atc Smc25, Focal Sm9, Psi´s, Klein&Hummel and Neumann Kh310 among others are included.

Though some midfields will be brought in for comparison I will try to focus on speakers I can use in a near field position.
My plan is to try all of these magnificent speakers over a 3month period.

I will do subjective and objective tests to find out what to expect regarding differences in addition to my personal experience with them all.
I will also at the end buy the speaker that fits my room, my specifications and my needs!
Hi,
You should also consider the new Adam Audio S2V in your test. It has both analog and digital inputs as well as DSP. There are 5 presets: 3 of which you can modify. Each preset has adjustable hi and low pass filter and 6 bands of parametric EQ.

Thanks
Scott E
Moderator for Adam Audio
Old 10th August 2017
Here for the gear
FOCAL BUYER BEWARE!!!: I own a pair of Focal Solo 6BE's. I've only ever listened to them at speaking level volume for mixing and one of the woofers started intermittently going out, i would have to power down and back on for the woofer to come back. I sent it to a authorized service center called British Audio Services in Nashville. They thought they had fixed it and it kept happening once i got the speaker back. So after doing this shipping back and forth dance 3 or 4 times they assured me that they had found the problem, but only now, the speakers woofer won't work at all (no, the woofer is not blown), something wrong's in the amplifier.
The speaker is out of warranty so after sinking another $600 in repairs and shipping in a $3,000 pair of high end recording monitors i have one speaker thats no good to me. I really expected better build quality out of my purchase and investment.
Old 10th August 2017
rds
Gear Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sesterson01 View Post
Hi,
You should also consider the new Adam Audio S2V in your test. It has both analog and digital inputs as well as DSP. There are 5 presets: 3 of which you can modify. Each preset has adjustable hi and low pass filter and 6 bands of parametric EQ.

Thanks
Scott E
Moderator for Adam Audio
6th July 2013, i think he's done testing
Old 11th August 2017
Here for the gear

Doh !!
Old 11th August 2017
Gear Head

Quote:
Originally Posted by rds View Post
Why not

If you have a quite big treated room with your listening position at around 3m or more the V2108 is a good option. Those are midfield monitors but i know that many people use them as nearfield as well and are happy with it too.

You if you have a possibility to listen the Quested's in a good environement i definitively suggest you to do so. Those monitors worth every penny.

Quested monitors sounds extremely natural which means represent instruments as if they were playing right in front of you. They also have that silky timbre, very musical and tireless. For that reason many people who work a lot orchestral music love Quested's monitors but in other genre they are not shy. As for exemple i use them for Techno and they sound gorgeous.

First time i got my Quested's i remember have play a track i know well and it have some nice snare drums in it but once i hear them with the Quested's i couldn't believe it...it was so real...i had a joker face until the end of the track, just how amazing they are.

The think with those monitors is that i don't have the need to have various pair of monitors for production, mixing and mastering. I mean the Quested's are so polyvalent and well balanced that you can do everything with those monitors and since i have a unique room were i produce, mix and master i needed that pair of monitor that can be comfortable in every aspect of the track process.

And last but not least, i personally found them damn sexy monitors..
thanks for your answer,
i really want to hear some quested now
my room is treated but not big, and there isn't 3m beetween me and the speaker..
i already hear some big ones, 15 years ago in a studio were i was assistant,
i remember a powerfull and very tight bass but there were not nearfield at all !
do you have any experience with the S series ?
Old 11th August 2017
rds
Gear Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by manx View Post
do you have any experience with the S series ?

Of course, my Quested's are S8R and what i wrote above is inspired from my experience with those monitors.

Quested isn't as big as some other well known company in the business, it's a pretty small company with few people but every single one there is passionate about what they do and Quested's monitors are totally artisanal products designed and made in uk. Their passion is definitively translated to the monitor quality.

For that reason you won't see often second hand Quested's monitors

How big and treated is the room ? And what is your average listening position ?
New Reply Submit Thread to Facebook Facebook  Submit Thread to Twitter Twitter  Submit Thread to LinkedIn LinkedIn  Submit Thread to Google+ Google+  Submit Thread to Reddit Reddit 

Topic:

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search