The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Differences in Unity Audio "The Rock" Nearfield Line, Hi FI, MKII, etc. Studio Monitors
Old 16th June 2013
Differences in Unity Audio "The Rock" Nearfield Line, Hi FI, MKII, etc.

Hey gang,

Just wondering what the real spec / sonic differences are between these two...also does Unity have a passive monitor that can run off of an amp? The website is alright, but a little counter-intuitive for me when it comes to comparing the two models.
Old 21st September 2015
Gear Nut
I know this is an old thread, but I would like to know the answer too.

What's the difference between The Rock MKII "Hifi" and The Rock MKII "Professional"?

PS: The black piano gloss finish on the hifi version looks stunning, way nicer than the Pro version :D
Old 22nd September 2015
Gear Nut
Well, I asked this question to Unity Audio via Facebook chat, and they answered this:

"Hi There, thank you for your enquiry, the differences between the pro version and the hi-fi version are as follows.

Different cabinet
Higher grade cryogenically treated internal wiring
Higher grade critical audiophile components
Higher tolerance pair matching
Slight re-voicing to make more musical

You can find a review here: Unity Audio The Rock Hifi | The Ear "

Also, I did this question too: Are they equally accurate for mixing?
And they gently answered saying this:

"Hi, Yes absolutely, in fact some might say they have the edge over a pro rock, we have many people us both. Hope that helps"

They seem like a serious company, and very gentle and polite answering that 2 questions, it's a small detail, but that details are gold

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search